• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New shampoo/conditioner/body wash containers

I was just at Pop at beginning of May and did a one night stay at the Orlando Drury Inn on my last night. Both had dispensers. The Drury Inn’s the shampoo, conditioner, soap came out the bottom of the dispenser. At Pop, it was basically bottles with spouts locked down with a bar. The spout on the shampoo was broken so it was difficult to get the shampoo without it oozing every where. I liked the Drury Inn’s dispensers better

I stayed at a Drury in St. Louis about a week and a half ago with the dispensers as you described. I liked them.

i really hate these dispensers. Seems incredibly cheap to me. I expect more from a resort or any other high end resort hotel.

Me too but Marriott is going with these in a number of their hotels including some of their higher end ones. Small bottles may start to be a thing of the past in a few years.

I just checked if you like the products and want to bring them home you can buy them in the parks. If you try to order from the shop Disney app it tells you that they are in store only purchases.

66b37ba3-e882-4ccd-ad67-51bc2642ca36-jpeg.297078

Not very tamper proof!

Not very tamper proof!
LOL, when we stayed at Pop Century last month, housekeeping replaced our shampoo and then forgot to secure the “lock” (which, as someone pointed out a few months ago isn’t really a lock). The metal piece in front fell off while DD was in the shower. It was perfect, actually. We took the bottles out and relocated them to a more convenient location for her!

I believe they have completely done away with the small bottles. I don't have an issue while bathing, but everyone is different. In the future, you may want to bring your own empty bottles from home and fill them from the new containers.

My comment was meant to reflect bringing small bottles to fill to use while you are there, not to bring home. Most people are saying that they are not in a convenient location. Filling a small bottle would alleviate that issue.

I love them - anything for less waste!
Yes, I’m not against less waste. But sharing body wash and shampoo with who knows? Not so much. My mind goes to what microbes are being sucked up those pumps. Someone using body wash on wash cloth and putting cloth up to nozzle to put more product in it after being where? :scared: I’ll be using the bar soap. Sad because I prefer body wash.

I mean no offense by this question, I'm genuinely curious. For those of you that are grossed out by the thought of these dispensers, does using a soap dispenser in a public restroom gross you out? People always have dirty hands when touching those and it seems like they could be tampered with just as easily.

I mean no offense by this question, I'm genuinely curious. For those of you that are grossed out by the thought of these dispensers, does using a soap dispenser in a public restroom gross you out? People always have dirty hands when touching those and it seems like they could be tampered with just as easily.

Right?! Or even sharing a mattress that hundreds of people have slept on before you...

My mind goes to what microbes are being sucked up those pumps. Someone using body wash on wash cloth and putting cloth up to nozzle to put more product in it after being where? :scared:

Right?! Or even sharing a mattress that hundreds of people have slept on before you...

Ewwww... noooo, just...! I didn't even- I wasn't grossed out by any of these things until-- How do I unread these sentences?

I might be COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, and I recognize that, but to me, a public restroom has far more traffic than a bathroom in a hotel room, and tampering with the public restroom dispenser seems far less likely to me than a private hotel room dispenser. Is this an incorrect claim? Perhaps. But it will make me feel better to buy the shampoo and conditioner in the store (and yes, I know it could have been "tampered with" in the production facility!)

Yes, funny how people focus so closely on this item when everything else around them is probably 500X 'dirtier'. That shower your standing in at best had a quick wipe down, it is by no means sterilized and I guarantee there are more residues from previous guest than would be 'sucked up' by the soap pump. Heck, even the individual bottles were sitting in a cleaning cart getting random 'stuff' on them from the housekeeper and the dirt from all the other rooms.

Maybe it's a money saver.... but plastic is polluting the planet and hopefully will be going away and getting cleaned up soon. I use my fair share of plastic too... but it's an invention that's ruining ecosystems. So I see it as a 'good' decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter