New Soarin' A Little Scary?

EuropeanLiam

Earning My Ears
Does anybody find the new Soarin a little scary?

I finally "rode" the new Soarin. I found myself closing my eyes quite a few times. I never did that in the original, except the first time going over the snowy mountaintop and feeling like I might fall off the other side. It also got to my stomach a few times and I grasped the handlebars tightly more times than I want to admit. My wife laughed at me but admitted afterwards it scared her as well. I am not typically afraid of heights but this really was a shocker after doing the other one so many times.

There were definitely some thrilling moments during the new version of Soarin but for me, I didn't think it was scary. I loved the improved film quality too!

I found the opposite. The old one I held tightly. The new one, I've even ridden 2nd row without holding on! (True story though).
The distortion is horrible though!

My Dd loved the first one but did not care for this version- I thought it was great, but she didn't like the transitions between the scenes- she was particularly scared of the breaching whale. I think it was jarring for her.

My sister felt a similar way. She has somewhat of a fear of heights but always enjoyed the old one. She wanted to try the new one and she couldn't handle the heights in this version and wouldn't go on again...

I didn't find it to be scary, but I did think that the translations were a little more intense than the old one

Ugh... the distortion sitting on the sides is awful. Even slightly off center it is bad. I don't know how this meets Disney standards for show.

It completely takes you out of the feeling of being in these locations, instead of watching something on a screen.

I found the new Soarin not up to par with the original. Even with the improved film quality, the new one just was not as good as the original and I rode it a couple of times just to make sure I was not missing something. As far as the distortion issue...easily solved...I always choose section B row 1 and I will wait for another flight if I have to.

I would say "scary", but I hate the screaming hawk and the small aircraft. All those transitions were not necessary and certainly there was no need for them to be so loud or abrupt. I really wanted to love the new Soarin'...I still want to love it...but the distortion of the images and the loud transitions from scene to scene...not a fan.

I don't think the newer one is more intense at all - trust me I'm the biggest ride-wimp there is! :P

I actually thought the original one was more intense - the beginning scene where you are going to the peak of the snowy mountain! o_O

The new one is a little too CGI for me, it makes it more milder in my opinion.

Now as others have said, where you sit also impacts how intense it feels , the more front / center you are the more intense.

I don't think the newer one is more intense at all - trust me I'm the biggest ride-wimp there is! :P

I actually thought the original one was more intense - the beginning scene where you are going to the peak of the snowy mountain! o_O

The new one is a little too CGI for me, it makes it more milder in my opinion.

Now as others have said, where you sit also impacts how intense it feels , the more front / center you are the more intense.
I totally agree...way too much CGI. It made the whole thing seem fake to me.

I finally "rode" the new Soarin. I found myself closing my eyes quite a few times. I never did that in the original, except the first time going over the snowy mountaintop and feeling like I might fall off the other side. It also got to my stomach a few times and I grasped the handlebars tightly more times than I want to admit. My wife laughed at me but admitted afterwards it scared her as well. I am not typically afraid of heights but this really was a shocker after doing the other one so many times.

Jeez, don't tell my sister. She is *petrified* of Soarin,' but is willing to go on it this year for me because she knows I won't leave her sitting around by herself waiting for me to ride. She keeps her eyes closed throughout.

I loved the original opening - coming out of the clouds and gently dipping downward . . . but the new one starts out with you going upward toward a big-a** mountain! Like heading up, up, up before a rollercoaster. Too much for me, but now that I know that is how it starts, I will close my eyes for the first few minutes. After that is was fine, but I miss the golf ball coming at me!!!

Looking forward to trying it out later this year. Has the new 3rd screen helped with reducing wait times a lot?

I wouldn't say that the new Soarin' is scary. The transitions are much more abrupt, as though they want to startle you every time they switch. I prefer the old Soarin' to the new, but I do like the part with the Great Wall of China. The distortion is ridiculous in this day and age. Considering how much of the movie is CGI, they should have been able to correct for the screen curvature.

It is so 'perfect'! Just love it! Scary? No! Much better than the old version. I take it you must not 'do' roller coasters?? I don't either, but this didn't bother me, knowing it I was not 'actually' 'doing' these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter