New to DLP

jody

Mouseketeer
My daughter is going to France next summer with her French class. It will be the summer after she graduates high school. She has wanted to do this ever since she started taking French in 7th grade. She recently asked me if I would like to go along. I had never even considered it, but now that she asked, I think I will go. It will probably be the only chance I'll ever have to visit Europe. I'm just starting to get the details of the trip, but I understand we will have two days in Paris at the beginning and at the end of the trip. I am wondering, if we have a free day at the end of the trip, could a group of us possibly get to DLP. How far is it from the city? Would there be public transportation that we could take? Any advice will be appreciated. I don't know anything about it.

Hi there Jody and welcome to the Disneyland Paris forum :)

The answer to your question is, yes it is very easy to get to DLP from Paris. There is a train station at DLP itself which is within (easy) walking distance of both parks and Disney Village.

I've never done it myself so I'll let someone else answer, but I believe the RER (train link) takes only about 35 - 40 mins from central Paris to Marne La Vallee (the train station at DLP).

Hope that helps!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to and we will try and help :)

As Miffy2003 said, the RER is the easiest way to get from the city centre to DLP. You will need to take an RER train on Line A to "Marne-La-Vallee" station (this is the correct name for the station at DLP). Journey time is 40 minutes, with trains running throughout the day until late at night. More details on the RER service http://metro.ratp.fr/

Regards

Rob

First of all, I know that you will have a fabulous time! Paris is truly magical! :wizard:

I've done day trips to DLP from Paris a few times, so feel free to post specific questions you may have. ::MinnieMo

(I know some of this below has been said, but it's easier for me just to write a full response :) )

There are two commuter railroads in Paris. One is the Metro, and it travels within the city only. The best way to travel around the city when walking is too far, IMO. The other commuter railroad is the RER, which travels within the city to outer suburbs. One line of the RER goes to DLP (the stop is Marne-La Vallee-Chessy. It's the last stop of this line.

The RER is by far the easiest and cheapest way to get to DLP from the center of Paris. I don't remember the exact price, but it is between 6-7 euros each way. The RER is very efficient and safe. If you leave the park late, the RER will be filled with others leaving the park going back to Paris. The trip takes about 35 minutes (more or less, depending on where you leave from within Paris).

The RER station at DLP is a few feet away from the park. For comparison, the distance is shorter than the distance between the resort bus stop at MK and the MK gates at WDW. :)

I recommend that you avoid those organized day trips that the tour companies operate to DLP. The price is very high, and you cannot decide when to arrive and leave the park. I highly recommend arriving at the opening hour, as the crowds are very light (it's different from WDW, where people are waiting at the rope-drops at MK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter