New to dvc, waitlist question

Junebug2

Earning My Ears
New DVC member here - I own at SSR.

We’re planning a Disney cruise at the end of September and would like to stay in a savanna view at AKL for two nights before the cruise. Savanna view studios are currently waitlist only for the Wednesday and Thursday nights I need.

Obviously we can’t predict the future, but is there a good chance of this becoming available?

If I waitlist a savanna view and book an SSR studio, can I cancel the SSR studio if the savanna becomes available?

I have an august use year and will be using 2023-24 points. If I cancel the SSR studio, would those points go into holding, or back into my regular account?

Thank you!

It's always hard to predict, but we've had some good luck on waitlists. What I'd recommend doing is booking SSR, then you waitlist that would auto-book and replace the SSR if it comes through. The key is if AKL savannah view is at least as many points otherwise you may have extra points in holding you have to use. You won't have to cancel the SSR one, it'll be cancelled and the new one made for you.

Set it up to replace SSR. You only end up with holding if you cancel a trip less than 31 days out, or if you change the trip to one that is less for 31 days or less.

It's always hard to predict, but we've had some good luck on waitlists. What I'd recommend doing is booking SSR, then you waitlist that would auto-book and replace the SSR if it comes through. The key is if AKL savannah view is at least as many points otherwise you may have extra points in holding you have to use. You won't have to cancel the SSR one, it'll be cancelled and the new one made for you.
This was so helpful, thank you!

Set it up to replace SSR. You only end up with holding if you cancel a trip less than 31 days out, or if you change the trip to one that is less for 31 days or less.
Okay! So book SSR first and then waitlist the SV? There will be an option to replace SSR?

Book the SSR (or whatever is available). Try to modify it, and then waitlist the modification. Since AKL costs more points, it won't put anything in holding. You can make a waitlist expire at 31+ days so it won't go into holding.

Odds are not bad on this room. There are a lot of this category, and it isn't the cheapest in the system, like standard view, which is in general demand.

Waitlists are a crapshoot. some years, the wait list came through. Other years, stalking worked better to get the rooms we wanted. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter