New to races

Momloveshockey

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are thinking of doing 5k in Jan 2018. I can't run but am training to walk a 5k race this coming fall here. Can anyone tell me how many people "walk" the 5k race during marathon weekend? My husband will be running it for sure. So I'm guessing he'd start ahead of me?

My guess would be somewhere between 10-20% walk the entire race. Your husband would probably be assigned to an earlier start point, but he can move back to start with you. The drawback is he would have to dodge several thousand walkers as a runner, and that is not easy. Remember to hit the 16 minute/mile.

Lots of people walk, run/walk, whatever. You will not be the only one walking! :)

When you register, there will be a field where you'd put your anticipated pace in minutes/mile. So you and your husband can put in your appropriate paces and if he puts in his running pace and you put in your walking pace, then yes, he can start ahead of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter