New to Saratoga Springs

magicalfoursome

DIS Veteran
Thinking of staying at Saratoga Springs next spring for a girls trip, I really like the idea of being close to Disney Springs. I am trying to decide if preferred is worth it. Can you walk to Disney Springs from the preferred areas? How about walking to High Rock Spring pool or Paddock pool? We would like a pool with drink and food options. Also, is there any problem getting on the buses first thing in the morning if we are on a later stop on the resort loop? Thank you and any advice is appreciated!

It’s a short walk from congress park, little bit of a haul from paddock. I’d go for paddock for standard and take the boat, it’s a nice ride and half or less of the walk to ds.

Paddock pool is nice and has a good pool bar.

If preferred you’d want the springs vs congress park is you want a pool bar. Springs would be a pretty short walk for the boat to ds and not too bad of a walk to ds.

And for the buses, define first thing in the morning. We did rope drop on our park days so were getting buses 630-700am and we had a bus all to ourselves every time getting picked up from paddock.

TLDR go for paddock if standard and springs if preferred.

Paddock is close enough to all. As far as walking to DS it is not bad if you take the right way maybe a 10 minute walk. Look at the map and plan a non scenic route the scenic one is a longer walk. Paddock will likely be closer to the boat. SSR was very convenient to DS I had no issue deciding to eat at DS at any time when staying there. As far as buses Paddock was great I could look at the schedule on my phone the bus stop was maybe a 3 minute walk. Least walking I ever did to a bus stop… you could walk to other bus stops and the bus will still be closer then other resorts.

From the grand stand, esp the 'closer' buildings, its also a really easy walk to DS. You can also choose to cut through the golf course (on paths designed for it... not like Rodney Dangerfield :P) and enter the springs on the west side.

Something I've found about staying at SSR ... If you have a car, don't rule out using it *inside* the resort... we have used it to commute to other pools or the main area etc... to save time. The walks are nice, but if you are short on time, or have a reservation or something ( or dead tired from walking all day at park) ... just drive *inside* the resort!

Have fun!

When we were there last July the boat service from SSR to DS was not running.... it's a bit of a hike from Paddock to DS but we did it several times. That said, I still think Paddock is a great spot as others have said. Nice being so close to that pool and pool bar...and the bus stop.

From the grand stand, esp the 'closer' buildings, its also a really easy walk to DS. You can also choose to cut through the golf course (on paths designed for it... not like Rodney Dangerfield :P) and enter the springs on the west side.

Something I've found about staying at SSR ... If you have a car, don't rule out using it *inside* the resort... we have used it to commute to other pools or the main area etc... to save time. The walks are nice, but if you are short on time, or have a reservation or something ( or dead tired from walking all day at park) ... just drive *inside* the resort!

Have fun!
Is that path still open since they put in the security checks ?

Also you can jump on a bus from your resort bus stop (we were at Grandstand) and get off at Congress Park to walk from there to DS. We have done that before. Just check with the bus driver to make sure the bus will stop at Congress Park.

Last edited:
I personally love the Grandstand for Standard. So close to CH, and 1st bus on & off. which comes in handy. Also a close walk to catch the boats to DS. For Preferred, I see how most would say CP, but me personally, I like the Springs. It could be that we got 3 of the closest studios to the bus stop, and that helped, but honestly so close to artist pallette for coffee/food/and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter