New to Site

fuutool

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone :wave:

My name is karen i am to this site :D I am getting married in September 10, 2004 and i leaving for my honeymoon to disney :earsgirl: September 11, 2004 to September 23, 2004.
Right now i am looking at hotels, i was going to spend my days at a WDW resort but i look at the prices and say to myself that to sleep and shower it's not worth $400.00 a night i rather put my money towards something fun. So i really don't know how to spend my 12 days in disney. Such as what are the best hotels, best places to eat, and of course the best parks. And which one should I avoid.

Thanks Karen
:earseek:

Welcome to the boards Karen.

You may want to look at some of the Value or Moderate Resorts we are staying at Coronado Springs June 8-13 and got our room for 98.00 a night.

So there may be deals out there for you that will not cost much more than an offsite hotel, pllus you get all the disney magic.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want on these boards everybody here is really helpful

Good Luck

Shawn :jester:

Welcome and congrats on the wedding! Sept is a good time to go to WDW! I wouldn't worry too much about the prices of the hotel rooms.
Here's what we are doing. 9/21/03-10/2/03
We had booked 8 nights at WL concierge ($350) follow by 3 nights AKL concierge ($425). With Annual Passes it would come out to be $5400.
We were able to book the Disney Fairytale Package, but we changedto 4 Nights WL Concierge and 7 nights AKL concierge. We applied the fairytale package to the AKL portion of our stay and our price is now $4081.07.
So we spend more nights in a more expensive room, get park passes for 8 days and save $1400.
I'm a Disney fanatic so my theory is, that if you're going for something as special as a honeymoon, you should stay at a Disney Resort. Since I've yet to stay off-site I can't give you any advice about off-site hotels.
Best of luck with the planning!
ckj

Welcome, Karen! Also Congratulations to you!!

$400 per night for the hotel indeed is too much to me as well. But I can assure you that your Disney Honeymoon will be as equivelantly wonderfuly at a Moderate Resort, like Carribbean Beach or Coronado. Also, please don't forget the possibility of receiving a free upgrade from Disney. We celebrated our honeymoon at Disney World back in October, 2002. We paid for a moderate resort but received a free upgrade to the Polynesian. It was just more than what we could ask for $140/night.

Also, we booked our honeymoon thru Dreams Unlimted, which is the host of Disboards. DU really took my worries away while I was busy planning for my wedding.

Hope it all works out for you. Jean

Hi Karen,
I am also new to the boards and planned my disney honeymoon. We are staying at the Grosvenor in Downtown Disney. It is ON disney property, but not as expensive as the disney resorts. I planned our entire 8 day honeymoon inlcuding airfare, hotel, rental car, 4day parkhoppers 2 days at universal for just about $2000. If you are interested in doing a package thing, like I did, try Expedia.com. They list ALL of the hotels IN and AROUND disney, so you can see the properties and decide where you want to stay. If you need any help planning, let me know. If it has to do with Dinsey itself, I can't help b'cuz neither my fiance or myself have ever been! It's going to be sooo exciting!
Good luck!

Alison

Hi,
I don't really have advice except that I have stayed at Coronado Springs and All Star- Music and Movies and I loved both, I just wanted to say hello. You will be leaving 3 days before we get there!! When do you plan on booking? I don't know how early they let you book and I am trying to figure it out.
Laura
HM 9/26/04- 10/3/04

Hi Karen, WELCOME!!!!!

I have heard of a few bad experiences in the all-star resorts (there are usually a lot of kids there, and it is where they generally put up the High School kids that are in competitions there.

I have heard that Coranodo Springs is nice, but I am a DVC member and love the Beach Club/Board Walk.

You might also try the Swan and Dolphin Hotels...

Old Key West is also reasonable.

I would contact Dreams Unlimited and get a few prices. Tell them that you are on your honeymoon, and let them work things out.

Disney Travel can also do more of the upgrade things.

It is nice to be in a Disney Resort for Early Openings and the transportation, so I would talk to Disney Travel as well. It will be worth the phone call.....

JMHO
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter