New to SSR! Tell me about it please?

jdbruce

Earning My Ears
Hello all. We recently moved our June trip to end of August as many people have done. Our home resort is BWV and we were so looking forward to coming home as last year we were at Copper Creek with my brother and his family. However, COVID-19 had other plans for us. So we decided to move our trip back. Of course there was very limited availability, so we chose SSR. I'm actually very excited to try this resort. We will have a Preferred 2 bedroom villa for 2 weeks. What can y'all tell me about it? What to eat? What to see? I thank all of you SSR veterans to help us discover this beautiful resort.

SSR is my home resort. My kids, now grown, love it. The grounds are beautiful and easily walkable even though the resort is huge. The pools are nice and offer lots of family friendly fun. The Artists Palate has really good food choices all day. It's easy to go to Disney Springs - either boat or walking - and there are great stores, restaurants, and entertainment there. The bus service is good since it is dedicated to SSR, so no stopping at other resorts to get to a park.

The resort is under renovation, of course it has stopped because of COVID. I think all the rooms in Congress Park area are renovated now. If not all of them, most are. From the pictures I have seen the renovated rooms are really nice. When you do your online check-in, request Congress Park if you want the best chance at getting a renovated room. Also, Congress Park is closest to Disney Springs, you can easily walk there. The other area for preferred rooms id the Springs section. The Springs section is close to the feature pools and the main building.
It is not themed over-the-top Disney, more a laid back resort. It is one of our favorites because of the fact it is spread out and quiet. After long days at the park this is the perfect place to unwind.
This Resort is huge! If you plan on having a car it is very convenient because you can park in front of your building.The grounds are gorgeous. Take a walk around. Two main pools and several other "quiet" pools.
We like Artists Palate, quick service. They have homemade chips! They do have one table service restaurant. It is only open for dinner, Turf Club. Best thing there is the grilled romaine salad! It is never busy and you could sit outside.
All of the buildings have elevators.
Bus service to the resorts is not bad. The buses make a loop through the resort, five total stops. Once you leave the resort the ride to MK, Epcot, and HS is around 10 minutes. AK is further away.

SSR is our home resort and love staying there. We always stay at the Grandstand section. Easy walk to the first bus stop and always awesome after a long day in the parks to get off first. Also ask for the closest building to the checkin building. Quick walk from there to eat at Artists Point which is one of the best! Also can get the boat ride to Disney Springs from there. Grandstand has great golf course views and has its own pool. We love the theme of SSR and the grounds are awesome, very relaxing. Enjoy your stay.

We love staying there. We like the short walk to Disney Springs. It is more of a laid back resort.

We stayed there last April and absolutely loved it! It is quiet and the grounds are so pretty. It looks huge but it doesn’t actually take that long to walk around it.
I can’t wait to go back. We are hoping to go in April 2021.

SSR is our home too. So many options for pools, you can walk to DS or boat it! It’s also fun to boat to the treehouses and look around. One of our fav things to do is go to the turf club lounge and order onion rings while playing billiards. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter