New to the Dining Plan - Question About Credit Use

GoingtoDisBig

Mouseketeer
I searched and couldn't find anything to answer this, but I'm sorry if it's been answered before.

We are getting the standard dining plan and I'm trying to figure out how everything works. My main question is can we use credits and out of pocket on the same order? For example, I want to use one QS credit at a location and pay for a snack at the same location OOP, even though I have snack credits remaining.

I searched and couldn't find anything to answer this, but I'm sorry if it's been answered before.

We are getting the standard dining plan and I'm trying to figure out how everything works. My main question is can we use credits and out of pocket on the same order? For example, I want to use one QS credit at a location and pay for a snack at the same location OOP, even though I have snack credits remaining.

Yes. You just have to tell the server what you will use your credits on, and what you will pay for. It's pretty common for folks on the dining plan to order things NOT covered by the dining plan, and have to pay for those OOP.

Just remember to always tip your server on the full amount of the bill at TS locations, even if you are using dining credits to pay for the meal. (only a few TS experiences clearly state that gratuity is included).

Think of the dining plan as just a form of payment - the credits can be used to pay for some or all of the check and you can use a second payment (cash, credit, room charge, etc.) too cover anything else.

In general, the best use of the plan would be to spend plan entitlements on the most expensive items ordered, paying the least expensive OOP.

Yes. You just have to tell the server what you will use your credits on, and what you will pay for. It's pretty common for folks on the dining plan to order things NOT covered by the dining plan, and have to pay for those OOP.

Just remember to always tip your server on the full amount of the bill at TS locations, even if you are using dining credits to pay for the meal. (only a few TS experiences clearly state that gratuity is included).

Thanks for the help! I thought that might be the case but didn't really see anything about it. Probably because it's obvious. :D

I have an opposite question. We are eating one extra meal at a table service that doesn't make sense to use the dining plan credit value wise. Can we use snack credits for non-alcoholic beverages?

I have an opposite question. We are eating one extra meal at a table service that doesn't make sense to use the dining plan credit value wise. Can we use snack credits for non-alcoholic beverages?
No, not at a table service restaurant. You will\can pay out of pocket for the meal as well as any drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter