New TV shows

Gracepoint's rating wasn't very good, but there were only 10 episodes, they are already filmed, and FOX doesn't have anything to go its place, so it won't be canceled.

And if it is, just watch Broadchurch. It's literally the same show.

We missed Broadchurch, but will try to watch it in time with Gracepoint (to avoid spoilers)...I didn't like Tennant's "american" accent, he does a great british accent, but not so good american one...he should have just stuck with his natural scottish voice...and maybe it was because of all the twiiter hints and the news on Monday, but this show so far is just looking like Twin Peaks without the charm.

Just find a way to watch Broadchurch. They are almost identical, scene for scene, but the casting in Gracepoint just isn't cutting it. Broadchurch is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Gracepoint just doesn't have the same impact.

I gave Red Band Society two episodes but it's just too teen angst-y for me. I've been enjoying Gotham and How to Get Away with Murder so far.

I'm still on the fence about Black-ish. Some of it is funny but I'm not sure how I feel about the premise. Something about a successful dad who thinks his kids aren't "black" enough rubs me the wrong way, but I'll keep watching for now.

Just find a way to watch Broadchurch. They are almost identical, scene for scene, but the casting in Gracepoint just isn't cutting it. Broadchurch is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Gracepoint just doesn't have the same impact.

Hoping they have a different killer this time. Watched Broadchurch and loved it. Never suspected the real killer. Watching Gracepoint to see how often DT's accent slips through.

I think Blackish is great. Love the cast, and a few of the situations have had me in stitches. I hope it sticks around

Gotham and Scorpion are the only new shows we've really liked so far. Selfie, A to Z, Madam Secretary, Bad Judge, Mysteries of Laura, Manhattan Love Story are all forgettable.

Gracepoint's rating wasn't very good, but there were only 10 episodes, they are already filmed, and FOX doesn't have anything to go its place, so it won't be canceled.

And if it is, just watch Broadchurch. It's literally the same show.

That's my pick for first to go. I really enjoyed Broadchurch but I think it is probably too slow and too subtle to do well with an American network audience, and I'm not really liking the US cast so far. Plus David Tennant without the accent loses something. ;) Can't wait for season 2 of Broadchurch, though; it is supposed to be back on BBC-A next summer, IIRC.

Red Band Society is terrible, IMO, but I think that one will be around a while. All of my 13yo daughter's friends are watching (except DD, who coincidentally is also the only teen I know who hated The Fault in our Stars) and I've heard a few of DS16's female friends talking about it too.

I haven't really caught much else that's new this season. I have Selfie waiting on the DVR - my 16yo asked me to record it when he saw that Amy (Karen Gillan for those who aren't Doctor Who fans) was starring. I don't think he cares what it is about, he just thinks she's really cute. :rotfl2: And DH has been raving about Gotham so I'll probably binge watch that one over Christmas break.

I haven't been able to watch many new shows. I have red band society on DVr and haven't watched it yet. Blackish and how to get away with murder were ordered for a full season, so I don't see it going anywhere. It's also been bringing in really good ratings which is good because I'm liking both so far.

Gotham and Scorpion are the only new shows we've really liked so far. Selfie, A to Z, Madam Secretary, Bad Judge, Mysteries of Laura, Manhattan Love Story are all forgettable.

I agree with Gotham and scorpion only two shows we made it through. Oh and I guess american horror is kinda new. Could see getting hooked but also mightnget revulsed haven't decided yet

I was looking at the ratings and I know Manhattan Love Story will be cancelled, Its to bad I really like it, it reminds me of "mad about you"

I really wanted to like "Bad Judge". I love Kate Walsh, but the show is so bad it actually makes you cringe.

I really like "How To Get Away With Murder" so far.

Haven't watched too many new shows but I like Stalker and Forever. Watched the three episodes on How to Get Away With Murder and me and DH think we will stop watching that one. He liked Selfie and I hated it. I def. want to give Blackish a try.

I'm also hooked on Forever and finding Selfie sort of cute (granted I also adore the two leads from Doctor Who and Sleepy Hollow).

I haven't seen either of these. They were panned by several critics before they aired so I didn't waste my time.

Has Red Band Society been cancelled yet? I lasted 15 minutes of the first episode. Awful, just awful.

I watched the entire first episode of Red Band Society and decided to give it "one more chance" but couldn't make it past the first quarter of the second episode before I erased it from the DVR. I think it probably appeals to the younger teenage crowd. I wanted to like it because I like the nurse but there wasn't very much actual medical stuff in it at all. :(

That's a matter of taste. I like some of the shows on FX for example. I'm excited to start a new season of American Horror Story tonight! :woohoo:

I love American Horror Story!! :)

The only new one I am still watching is Forever. It's different and I think the lead actor is cute. :goodvibes

A lot of the new shows I don't have interest in to even watch one episode. To me, they just don't make 'em like they used to. :(

I really like a lot of the new shows this year.

So far I'm really enjoying all of the rom-coms - a-Z, Selfie, Manhattan Love Story - and I also like Bad Judge, Blackish, and Red Band Society (I'm 40 but teenage angst is my favorite genre- I've been sad since the end of Gossip Girl).

I didn't like Stalker, Madam Secretary, Gotham, and didn't make it through the first ten minutes of The Mysteries of Laura.

Random question alert: did I spot a Bones squint tern on Forever?

Yes. I can't think of his real name or squintern character name on Bones, but he seems to be a regular on Forever, assists Henry in the M.E.'s office.

I am enjoying Forever. I started watching it because I have liked the actress who plays Jo since she was on Law & Order.

"Manhattan Love Story" is the first show cancelled.

CBS ordered full seasons (22 episodes) of Stalker, NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion and Madam Secretary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter