New US Virgin Islands testing requirement.

Not sure why your links aren't posting (I get "loading" and they don't load). It will be interesting to hear how they treat cruise passengers. We'll find out soon, I guess.

Not sure why your links aren't posting (I get "loading" and they don't load). It will be interesting to hear how they treat cruise passengers. We'll find out soon, I guess.
Welcome to my life. I only use my phone and I get that ALL THE TIME, it’s so annoying.
They did the same thing for me, but I did tap and they sent me to Safari which opened those articles up immediately. Apparently I’m a little overtired because I couldn’t figure out heads or tails what that means for my trip on Saturday on the Fantasy.

They moved the requirement from testing within five days of arrival to three starting today. Depending on your port itinerary it may not make a difference..!

so if you are onboard a ship does that mean everyone has to be tested before they leave the ship or will they test at the port? this is confusing but i understand the reasoning

so if you are onboard a ship does that mean everyone has to be tested before they leave the ship or will they test at the port? this is confusing but i understand the reasoning
I highly doubt the port city would provide testing at the dock. Most likely the cruiseline will provide the testing onboard. However, they may decide not to do that and skip the port stop. It probably depends on the cruiseline as well as the itinerary.

For example with DCL, if the port stop is one of the first few days, it's possible the test done at embarkation would count. But if it's a longer cruise and the port stop is later in the week, another test would need to be administered onboard or DCL may opt to skip the port stop and do an extra day at-sea.

As I read it, there is also a possibility that it may not apply to cruise passengers.

That it does apply to the ferry from BVI is interesting though.

But I do agree that no port will be providing the tests. If required for cruises, they will also require all passengers to be tested even if one says "we don't plan to go ashore."

As I read it, there is also a possibility that it may not apply to cruise passengers.

That it does apply to the ferry from BVI is interesting though.

But I do agree that no port will be providing the tests. If required for cruises, they will also require all passengers to be tested even if one says "we don't plan to go ashore."

I think it does mean cruise passengers also. See red bold.

* ALERT! IMPORTANT UPDATE! **
Effective January 3, 2022, the window for taking COVID-19 tests for travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands will be 3 days prior to commencement of travel to the Territory.

This change applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, including those who were vaccinated in the USVI.

All Travelers
All domestic travelers 5 years of age or older, and all international travelers 2 years of age or older, and persons in transit to another destination, who enter the U.S. Virgin Islands by air or sea are required to use the USVI Travel Screening Portal and get cleared to travel to the USVI.
Domestic Travel (includes U.S. mainland and other U.S. Territories): Domestic travelers must submit a negative result from an antigen or nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of travel.
International Travelers (including travel from the BVI): All International travelers must submit a negative antigen (antigen) or NAAT (e.g., RT- PCR) COVID-19 test result. Test requirements depend on vaccination, mode of travel, and age. Travel by Air -Tests must be taken within 1 day of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status. Travel by Ferry- Tests must be taken within 3 days of travel. Non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. immigrants traveling for non-essential reasons (e.g., tourism) must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status.
Travelers aged 2-17 are exempt from the vaccine requirement.
For the full list of COVID-19 testing requirements and exemptions, please visit https://bit.ly/3qkop7j , https://bit.ly/3H0WlM2 and www.usviupdate.com

I guess we’ll find out soon. St. Thomas is on our schedule next month unless I move it.

The only way I can see to do it on the February 26th cruise is to swap St Marten and St Thomas days making St Thomas on Day 4 instead. Of course if they do that they would have to haul it at full speed to make it to Castaway Cay from St Marten.

I think it does mean cruise passengers also. See red bold.

Having read the full piece, the reason I am tentative on cruise passengers being a part of it explicitly is because for the "air" they have a section "by air." For sea, they have "by ferry." The lack of parallel construction - it jumps from sea to ferry. A cruise ship is not a ferry. The ferries connect to BVI, mostly.

Having read the full piece, the reason I am tentative on cruise passengers being a part of it explicitly is because for the "air" they have a section "by air." For sea, they have "by ferry." The lack of parallel construction - it jumps from sea to ferry. A cruise ship is not a ferry. The ferries connect to BVI, mostly.
Let's hope.

3 days prior to commencement of travel to the Territory.
I read this to mean within 3 days of the start of travel. So any testing done within 3 days of the ship heading for that port would count. Not necessarily within 3 days of arriving at the port.

Jan 8 test PCR Disney PC
Jan 9 sea day
Jan 10 sea day
Jan 11 Tortola
Jan 12 St. Thomas
Jan 13 sea day
Jan 14 CC
Jan 15 PC
So I’m not good at counting “days”
What does the testing mean for my trip on the Fantasy for this Saturday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter