• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Water Stations at WDW

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
I've seen the recent reports and photo's of the new water fountains outside (I think one just went up in Tomorrowland - but not sure if it's operational yet), as well as two new bottle filling stations in COSMIC RAYS.

Just wondering if the water is ice cold - as in cold enough to stay cold for a spell after you put the top back on... or just cool?

Cosmic rays is neither ice cold nor filtered well but it is convenient and I’m glad they have them

What!? Hard to believe. I may as well go on and ask for ice water or buy the 3.50 Dasani (if it hasn't gone up by now). And I was certain that it would at least be filtered. Wow.

What!? Hard to believe. I may as well go on and ask for ice water or buy the 3.50 Dasani (if it hasn't gone up by now). And I was certain that it would at least be filtered. Wow.

Sorry I said that wrong. It doesn’t taste filtered. It may be filtered but I am super sensitive to the taste and maybe since it wasn’t cold it tasted less filtered than the free ice water. It could also have needed the filter changed.

Disneyland has started installing these as well. The ones in Star Wars land were not cold, and I don't think they are filtered...if they were, they would have those digital counters and a green light to indicate the life left in the filter, like the ones at airports have.

Disneyland has started installing these as well. The ones in Star Wars land were not cold, and I don't think they are filtered...if they were, they would have those digital counters and a green light to indicate the life left in the filter, like the ones at airports have.

Thanks for the info Smh.
If it's not cold and not filtered... I may as well fill up at that lousy water fountain located nearby outside in Tomorrowland area. Smh.

I was disappointed that the water wasn't chilled, but I will say that I don't recall a peculiar taste to it.

I wish they had more of such water refill stations available, however. With so many people needing water, it's a tall order for CMs who are also filling food orders. It's also nice to be able to stop and fill your own container without having to wait on CMs, who are juggling so much anyway. I also hate to waste all those paper cups when I carry a reusable tumbler.
Edit: I think ice dispensers would be a nice addition too.

They have those in my kids’ school and around my town. They are great. We are bringing Brita water bottles so even if water is not filtered from the tap we will filter it.

I've read about these water bottle filling stations at Cosmic Ray's at MK, near the bus stop at HS, in the Pandora queues, at the AKL playground. Anywhere else???

I didn't see one in Pandora, but then again I didn't look.

A few weeks ago we used the one in Cosmic Ray's quite a bit.

I didn't see one in Pandora, but then again I didn't look.

A few weeks ago we used the one in Cosmic Ray's quite a bit.

I think the one in Pandora is in the queue for Na'vi River Journey. But I've only ever ridden that with a FP, so I haven't seen it either. :)

It would seem like this would be a no-brainer for WDW. Less CM time filling up free ice-waters. No more paying for single use cups and lids. No more paying to have all that trash removed (I'm sure it adds up really quickly). I guess since the word is out that you can ask for free ice-water at QS locations, they have to react. Plus that environment thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter