New World of Dreams Tour - Only $12,000!

I always try to float the tax write off with DH. He's a CPA and pretty much tell me to shut up ... and even if I could write off something, writing off $1000 of a $20000 trip isn't a savings ... But, at least I try :-)

As for doing the tour ...I never rule anything out Disney-wise. But I can also think of other ways I'd probably prefer to give Disney my $12k.

For a segment of the population, the $12k isn't going to be an issue.

I was kind of surprised I guess that they went with 6 people max versus the 10 people for a plaid. I have a family of five and we often travel with my parents ... so if this was a "family" thing we would I guess have to pay $24k because we would be one over?? Maybe as others have mentioned it is really geared towards adult Disney fanatics with the backstage aspects (which you can't do with children).

Nah, it's geared to Golden Oaks residents and beyond, the private jet crowd. You get to a point with enough money that you just get used to paying to avoid little hassles. or big hassles. Or any hassles at all. As long as a first-class option exists, someone will pay for it just because they can. My brother's boss has a 350-foot yacht with 20 million worth of paintings on it -- if he wanted to go to WDW, he'd take this without a second thought. And probably pay for three or four groups. High-level pro athletes, movie stars, New York and LA money. There's a market for it, but to be honest, I'm surprised Disney mentioned it publicly. Actually seems a little gauche.

For the very wealthy, it is probably worth it.
For the rest of us, we can only dream about it at best.
I'm sure they have been doing something similar for years, just did advertise it.

If I had more money than brains I would do it.

While I don't like to defend the super rich, if you were someone who would be noticed but wanted to take your kids to WDW and get some of the real experience, I think this would be a way to do it. In this age of cell phones and social media postings and all that entails, paying for some extra privacy and convenience makes sense. If you're going to be mobbed -- or even talked to by strangers -- every two minutes, this kind of tour might be ideal. Everyone still gets a chance to "do Disney" like normal folk (sort of) but the problems of celebrity are mitigated. Were I famous, it's the way I'd like to go.

if you were someone who would be noticed but wanted to take your kids to WDW and get some of the real experience,

This is where in my comment above I thought this tour might be geared more towards adult wealthy fanatics versus those with kids. To me this doesn't seem like a kids tour. Kids don't go backstage where they can loose some of the magic. For some reason when I read about this option it gives you more access to see what others don't see. The plaids and WDW in general already do a pretty good job of getting celebs around with no one seeing them (if that is what the celeb desires).

Just some random musings on my part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter