New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

CB0FF744-8121-4C77-8DF4-7DF82B7F2699.jpeg

Here’s one of our snowfall-although it’s already melted a little. I love seeing the little animal/bird tracks. It’s really cold but Saturday is my break day from walking so running up and down stairs as I clear things out will be my exercise today!

DD was super congested today. Was thinking it was the start of a cold until she inhaled dinner and we noticed her face got rashy where she had touched it so maybe teething? Not sure if three year olds get molars. Either way we loaded her up with vapor rub and turned on the humidifier just in case.
Took down most of the Christmas decorations today with the exception of the lights on the bushes and candles in the windows. The lights on the bushes will probably come down tomorrow night after the rain stops. Candles are staying up for now...I feel like we could all use a little more light right now.
Got my 60 ounces of water in today and did a 5 min leg work out while making dinner...a variety of squats and leg lifts and what have you. DH was looking at me like I was nuts...but have to get toning in where you can you know?

Loved my zumba class yesterday. I think the gym schedule next week will be zumba Monday, swim & spa area Wednesday, Saturday Zumba. Last week I went to the gym Saturday, Sunday, Monday and my energy wasn't great during the week, I think I need one day off during the weekend. I will get back to things as pilates in time but for now keeping it fun so I get back in the habit of going to the gym

|Looked at my habits for the week

7 out of 7 days, nailing it - weigh in, daily walk out, consistent tracking, protein 130g minimum

6 out of 7 days - Steps 10k+, meal prep and plan, calorie goal, eating every 3/4 hours. The day I didn't plan my snacks during the day I end up not sticking to my calories too

Gym twice weekly - I went 3 times, goal was 2

The habit goal that isn't working for me is 10k daily. I am changing it to 10k daily unless I have slept under 5.5 hours or feel fatigue in witch case it's going to be 7.5k. For the week, I still have 75000 steps, more than 10k average - I don't want to feel guilty for taking it easy if I need it.

So slight change in habit goal, more focus on meal plan and prep and rest when I need it.

I was looking forward to staying in today, but we are getting freezing rain again. After the tragic accidents last week due to icy roads, I can’t risk DD driving to work in her little car not made for wintry weather. So I will have to drive her since I have an SUV and experience on my side. Hopefully people will drive more safely today than they did last Wednesday when so many people died unnecessarily. Better yet, maybe they will stay home.

We have freezing rain today as well so will not be able to get out for my walk. I’m going to have to come up with an alternative for days like this. I’m sorry you and your daughter have to go out today, Summer.

Making chicken barbecue (from DrizzleMeSkinny) and salad for dinner tonight. Should have plenty of leftovers which is always nice.

We have freezing rain today as well so will not be able to get out for my walk. I’m going to have to come up with an alternative for days like this. I’m sorry you and your daughter have to go out today, Summer.

Making chicken barbecue (from DrizzleMeSkinny) and salad for dinner tonight. Should have plenty of leftovers which is always nice.
I was fortunate enough to avoid the rain until I was close to home. Hopefully by this evening it will just be rain.

DH is working my last nerve today. True to form, he bought Paczkis today (Polish doughnut). We’re not Polish, but they are deliciously sinful and much heavier on the oil than Dunkin Donuts which are already bad enough. They are a weakness of mine, and he knows it. Also, he decided that he needed to put windshield wiper fluid in my SUV as we were leaving and trying to avoid the freezing rain before it started. I thanked him but asked if it could wait. A toddler-style tantrum ensued so that was awesome.

I am in a terrible mood and trying to move beyond my frustrations. So much for a relaxing day.

We’re the lucky ones when it comes to weather today, the skies are clear and there is sunshine. What a blessing. I have a hair appt at lunchtime, after that it’ll be go for a walk and then clean up the porch time. Early morning when I was first semi-awake I was thinking it was Monday, so the whole day feels like a bonus.

I have been on hold with walgreens for half an hour trying the cancel an order that should have been ready at 9am. Their hold music is 45 second clips of two songs that just keep repeating. We had a 5 minute dance party in the kitchen before the kids got annoyed with the music. No option to enter a number and have them call you back. I feel like Phoebe in "the one with the screamer."

DD woke up with a croupy cough this morning. Gave her honey with lunch as that helped last time she had it. More than half the honey ended up in her already snarled hair.

I REALLY want to bake something but I know the second I get my hands in dough someone will pick up the phone. I would just hang up but I dont know if they will just cancel the order after a couple days without picking it up that walmart and target do.

Tuesday it is only supposed to get to 14 degrees here. I kind of hope the schools go remote because the idea of waiting for the bus in that kind of weather no thanks. Not to mention most of the classrooms still have the windows cracked which is fine above 25 degrees colder than that not so much.

I cut up carrots, celery and cucumbers and bagged them so I can reach for something when I’m looking in the fridge around 3:00. I discovered I like them with a little seasoned salt. After staying on track for almost two weeks I felt my motivation wavering a little this weekend-so this should help.

Bit of a setback, I don't think I am ready for zumba classes as my energy was way too low last few days. I am going to change my twice a week gym to daily thai chi or sun salutation only - it's only 5/10 I can take to move in way I enjoy

I want to get healthier, lose some weight, have good energy and sustainability beats everything. Over the last 15 days I ate mainly healthish food I walked consistently, I sleep well, I have not feel urge to overeat at all although some mindless grazing is still happening in the afternoon

I will focus on my daily outdoor walk and food this week.

Have super healthy week all! Let's make it a good one

Last edited:
I REALLY want to bake something but I know the second I get my hands in dough someone will pick up the phone. I would just hang up but I dont know if they will just cancel the order after a couple days without picking it up that walmart and target do.

We get our prescriptions from Walgreens too. After, I think 10 days, they do cancel the prescription if it is not picked up. They start to give me daily reminders to pick it up through text and an automated call at about 5 days in. Then a few days before they cancel it I get a call reminding me and asking if I still want it.

This weekend we didn't do much. DD is still running the 100 temp. It comes and goes. It is very odd. She is also getting dizzy and told me yesterday (after I pried it out of her) that her chest hurts. It has been this whole time but comes and goes. I did call the doctor on Saturday and they called in an antibiotic. Last night she was still getting to 100. They think it has turned into a sinus infection. This morning she took her 5 dose of the antibiotic so I am hoping she starts to turn the corner. If not we will be calling the doctor again. I just want her to feel better.

I did do some shopping on Saturday. It is not easy trying to find premie clothes. No one has them. I did find some on amazon and got 6 for our friends twins. We also got our grocery shopping done. So yesterday we didn't have anything to do. DH got me out for a walk. We were in the 40's with just a drizzle of rain.

This week my goal is to get on the treadmill for at least and hour each day. I am working from home again this week so I should be able to do this easily. I am finally getting my hair done tomorrow. I was supposed to go the Tuesday before Christmas but she canceled because she was sick. She told me she had the flu but told my mom she had Covid. We rescheduled for New Year's eve but she canceled because she did have her energy back yet. We rescheduled gain for last Monday but DD was sick and we didn't know what it was and I didn't want to bring what ever she had to them. I haven't gotten my hair done since summer. I am so ready.

Happy Monday. I'm starting out the day even more grateful for the beautiful weather yesterday, as this morning we are already back to rain.

My motivation this week is to keep moving forward. I've been making progress on several fronts and am starting to see results, so that always helps with the keeping on track.

As per usual, I got a pretty low percentage of my designated weekend chores done, so there are things that need to be addressed during the week. I didn't do another cupboard/drawer in the kitchen, so need to get going there again... but I did get exited when The Folding Lady demonstrated a new way to fold socks on IG yesterday and I re-set my sock drawer. I didn't make it to Goodwill but do have some stuff loaded in to the car and will need to drop it off before I go to Port Townsend Saturday. I did get the porch cleaned up and the new flower boxes put together, but didn't get the bulbs planted because I didn't have enough potting soil, so need to get that finished during the week.

I signed up and now I need to get back into checking in every day. This is my busy week. I drive up to my mother's Tuesday morning to give my sister a break from watching my mother. I will be home in time for dinner. I go back up Thursday afternoon and spend the night and most of Friday with mom.

Need to spend some time in my sewing space and get my laundry done (all in the basement).
Have a good dY and I will check in tomorrow.

Half of my class was absent...most of which have Covid. It's funny how the naughty ones never get sick...
One of my colleagues who had Covid and quarantined 5 days came back and is SO SICK. I don't know why she came back with symptoms. I just can't sometimes...
We have a boatload of assessments due next week which I find so comical since the kids need to be well enough to come to school to be tested. There's so much pressure right now from above asking for the impossible. Meanwhile, we have no business being in school together, but the governor will not relent...kids belong in school. No remote learning. I guess he's waiting until EVERYBODY has Covid. I just Thank God every day for my Moderna vaccinations and booster.

I ate well today and got plenty of walking in. I am LOVING NOOM, and am so glad that I signed up again. I feel very committed, and I believe that this is my time to finally lose the weight.

We had lovely weather on the weekend and I didn't leave the house except to go for a walk each day. It was nice just to work on this so-not-me puzzle a friend gave me in the daylight. Half the puzzle is very dark (ugh) and you just can't see the color variation by lamp.

Today I am chocolate free! I think it is the first day I haven't had chocolate since the holidays began. :sad2: It's so nice not to have a stomach ache!

Yesterday I was thinking about my lack of motivation and tried to remember that it is momentum that creates motivation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter