New Year's Eve Crowds and Children with Sensory Processing Issues

One thing to consider might be finding a viewing spot that's close to the exit of wherever you end up. If it does turn out to be too much for the kid and you need to beat a hasty retreat, it can be really hard to get out of crowded areas. I remember being sick with what turned out to be pneumonia at the Magic Kingdom during the Christmas parade. I really needed to get back to the hotel and lie down, but the cast members we asked said that unless it was an ambulance level emergency there was nothing they could do to help us get out.

You can also consider watching the fireworks from the GF or the Polynesian. The Contemporary's main viewing area is an expensive pre-fixe dinner. You should be able to take the monorail and watch from the beach.

Prayers for the kids. Agree it sounds like a recipe for a disaster.
We've done park NYE most of the 30 years we've been married and MK is the last one I'd take kids with sensory issues. Followed by IOA, then EPCOT.
People who haven't been cannot imagine the crowding.
The pass thru by Haunted Mansion in often nearly impassable.

Maybe watch the fireworks from the ferryboat landing at the TTC? There is no way I'd attempt ANY Disney park on NYE if you are a first-time visitor.

We went to the Wizarding World one year, on 12/26. I had been to the Hogwarts section before but not to Diagon Alley. DA was a nightmare. Literally shoulder-to-shoulder and I about lost it. It was pretty terrifying to be hemmed in by a mass of humanity in a place you don't know, and can't see a clear path for getting out. Never again.

Maybe watch the fireworks from the ferryboat landing at the TTC? There is no way I'd attempt ANY Disney park on NYE if you are a first-time visitor.

We went to the Wizarding World one year, on 12/26. I had been to the Hogwarts section before but not to Diagon Alley. DA was a nightmare. Literally shoulder-to-shoulder and I about lost it. It was pretty terrifying to be hemmed in by a mass of humanity in a place you don't know, and can't see a clear path for getting out. Never again.
I can imagine it being terrifying when that busy. Even though there are some spots with more room, other parts seem tight. And, lots of dead ends, so even harder to figure out how to get out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter