New Year's Eve Fireworks vs 4th of July at Magic Kingdom

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Are the Magic Kingdom New Years Eve fireworks better/worse/or equal to the 4th of July firework show? We watched the 4th fireworks from the dock at the Grand Floridian and found it awkward with all the launch points and turning from side to side to see them all. I was wondering how they could be viewed from within the park in the locations the launches were. A boat captain told us the 4th and NYE are the only shows the boats get shut down due to all the launch points. We live a few hours away from Disney and were considering going for the 6:30 show on 12/30/23. Are all 4 shows the same? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are the Magic Kingdom New Years Eve fireworks better/worse/or equal to the 4th of July firework show? We watched the 4th fireworks from the dock at the Grand Floridian and found it awkward with all the launch points and turning from side to side to see them all. I was wondering how they could be viewed from within the park in the locations the launches were. A boat captain told us the 4th and NYE are the only shows the boats get shut down due to all the launch points. We live a few hours away from Disney and were considering going for the 6:30 show on 12/30/23. Are all 4 shows the same? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated!

All four 12/30 and 12/31 shows aren’t the same, the 11:50 show both nights is similar to what you saw on 7/4 with all the extra launch points in/around the Seven Seas Lagoon. The 6:30 show doesn’t utilize the Seven Seas Lagoon launch points, only three behind the MK (similar to party fireworks). This is the “180 degree” vs “360 degree” show as it is sometimes described around here.

The 7/3-7/4 and late 12/30-12/31 shows are pretty similar, generally speaking. Although I would say the countdown finale for Fantasy in the Sky is better/more impressive than 7/3-7/4. I like Fantasy in the Sky as a show a little better, although frankly both are a little short by current firework show standards, in my humble opinion.

You are right about what the boat captain said boat closures before and after the big shows - that catches people off guard every year as it’s not normal.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions.

All four 12/30 and 12/31 shows aren’t the same, the 11:50 show both nights is similar to what you saw on 7/4 with all the extra launch points in/around the Seven Seas Lagoon. The 6:30 show doesn’t utilize the Seven Seas Lagoon launch points, only three behind the MK (similar to party fireworks). This is the “180 degree” vs “360 degree” show as it is sometimes described around here.

The 7/3-7/4 and late 12/30-12/31 shows are pretty similar, generally speaking. Although I would say the countdown finale for Fantasy in the Sky is better/more impressive than 7/3-7/4. I like Fantasy in the Sky as a show a little better, although frankly both are a little short by current firework show standards, in my humble opinion.

You are right about what the boat captain said boat closures before and after the big shows - that catches people off guard every year as it’s not normal.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions.
I’m not the OP, but thank you so much for your description. It’s so hard to find info on NYE. We are planning to be in MK on 12/30. What you are saying is the earlier fireworks show is not the same as the midnight show, correct? I had fantasies about getting out early and resting up for 12/31 in Epcot….

Also, I keep hearing varying things about parks reaching capacity/not being able to get in. We have a friend arriving late morning on 12/31 and another the morning of 12/30. I’m nervous they won’t get in? We have a DVC resort reservation and park reservations.

Also, I keep hearing varying things about parks reaching capacity/not being able to get in. We have a friend arriving late morning on 12/31 and another the morning of 12/30. I’m nervous they won’t get in? We have a DVC resort reservation and park reservations.
You’re guaranteed entry to the park you have reserved and can leave and re-enter as many times as you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter