• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Year's Eve Plans

Where are you celebrating NY?

• Public party (Theme Park, Hotel, Bar, etc)

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Attending Private Party (Someone else's home)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Hosting Private Party (your house)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Home with family only

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Plan to be asleep

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

OTHER. Maybe by myself, which means I'll be in bed well before midnight. But I may have a friend coming over. If that is the case then we may be up until midnight I don't know.

We were invited to a party with 100+ other people by a couple we know. They have a big house and, as long as it’s not pouring rain, it’s not too cold here to sit outside. DH and I considered going, but decided it’s too risky. They’re asking everyone to test before the party, but home tests have a margin of error and I doubt everyone will do it. We’re going to stay home, get a really good pizza and watch movies. We’ve had a pretty rough year and I’d rather see it out on a mellow note anyway.

Staying home. My parents are coming up New Years Day, and go home on the 3rd. Super excited!!!! They were sick for Christmas, so we are celebrating!

Just going to a neighbors house for bit. They do it most years, kind of an open house drop-in type thing. You can go for a half hour or you can stay much longer. They usually have a bunch of appetizers and drinks. It's fun, but I only like to stay for an hour tops. I like to go home, get into my pjs and watch a movie on NYE.

We'll be hosting a private party but at a friend's house instead of our own. LoL We usually have everyone(friends and all our adult kids...they have three with their SOs and our DD) over here. This year, we have a new dog and are down a bathroom waiting for drywall repairs from a leak to be done so we asked if we could do it at our friends house instead. Our homes are pretty much interchangeable...lol we're either there or they are here so it's not an inconvenience to them to switch to their house. We'll still be providing all the food and drinks. DD will stay home with the new dog as she prefers a quiet night at home anyway... :laughing:

I'll be in bed, probably. Most likely I'll be awake at midnight, though. There's a small get-together with a few family members in our basement, but I don't think I'm feeling it this year. I've been in a depressive episode for a couple of weeks now and when that happens I just like to be alone.

We'll be home, asleep in bed when the clock strikes midnight, neither of us were ever great at staying up late!

We were supposed to go to a party at our friends’ home, but my husband tested positive for Covid this past Tuesday, so we canceled. We’ll be staying home with our teen and eating appetizers instead.

My town is having a bonfire on the beach in the early evening, so we'll probably go to that, and then pick up some takeout, hang out at home, and hopefully be asleep by midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter