• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Year's Eve Plans

Where are you celebrating NY?

• Public party (Theme Park, Hotel, Bar, etc)

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Attending Private Party (Someone else's home)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Hosting Private Party (your house)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Home with family only

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Plan to be asleep

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

Other - I‘ll be at the hospital taking care of patients.

Cancelled our MK reservations as the parks started getting insane earlier in the week and are going to do the big party at Cabana Bay Resort in Universal
We were there over Christmas when the parks were slower due to super cold weather (and probably missed flights and maybe illnesses, is my guess). Made it into a sold out MK - who would’ve ever expected to see this on Christmas Eve? 😳 We braved it, walked on, and got just a little wet, lol. It was just starting to warm up as we were leaving to go home.

9DBF308F-8F07-497F-AB36-EB3D0DF633BE.jpeg

:laundy:
A new year needs to start with a clean house.
I've cleaned a little...sat down and leisurely drank some coffee...cleaned a little more...drank a little more...

At this rate it will be NYE again!

Other - I‘ll be at the hospital taking care of patients.

We were there over Christmas when the parks were slower due to super cold weather (and probably missed flights and maybe illnesses, is my guess). Made it into a sold out MK - who would’ve ever expected to see this on Christmas Eve? 😳 We braved it, walked on, and got just a little wet, lol. It was just starting to warm up as we were leaving to go home.

View attachment 728800
We were there too!! The weather was amazing for us northerners and it was great in the parks! I knew the water rides were going to be near empty there and Universal, so we would do those any chance we got! IT as great, because it kept us out of the shops where everyone else was at buying sweaters and gloves! LOL!!!
AMC theaters and the Disney Springs were an absolute NIGHTMARE with people avoiding the parks trying to stay warm! LOL

We will be home having Chinese food for dinner and watching tv. Hoping to stay up to see the ball drop.

5 or 6 people coming to my place, mix of friends nd family. appy and dessert, karaoke, dancing and putting together a 100 piece puzzle for fun.

OK, where are you welcoming in the new year?
I am, as I write this, in Las Vegas. Just finished the continuity check for the fireworks show. Worked all night setting up I know have about 8 hours to myself. Then back up to the roof.

I'll be welcoming the new year shooting off 8,700 fireworks on my roof - one of eight hotels in this display.

Then I will spend the first 6 hours of the new year packing up.

We spent the day taking our Christmas decorations down and deep cleaning. Started at 5am. Incredibly happy to have my house back to normal and so clean, but DH and I are so exhausted. We will never see midnight.

DH is making a seafood feast and we will eat around 6pm. The kids are leaving around 9pm and are all staying over at various friends' homes after partying it up.

I will have a martini or two (pre dinner) and some white wine with dinner. I doubt I will see 10pm.

Happy New Year, DisFriends. RIP Low-Key.

I am, as I write this, in Las Vegas. Just finished the continuity check for the fireworks show. Worked all night setting up I know have about 8 hours to myself. Then back up to the roof.

I'll be welcoming the new year shooting off 8,700 fireworks on my roof - one of eight hotels in this display.

Pretty cool!!!!

Sorry, never thought to include THAT in the poll. :rotfl2:

As I put in @slo poll, dd is having a party with friends. I will be home, but no partying for me as I have parental duties and it's solo due to dh working. Good times :rolleyes2, don't be jealous. :laughing:

So for the first time in 25 years, DW and I will be alone. We'll be sitting at home (like we usually do), but all three kids will be elsewhere. Oldest DD moved out a couple years ago, DS & younger DD are spending the night with friends.

We arrived in Orlando this evening after 3 days of driving from the Toronto area! The hotel we are at has a dj by the pool and the pool area is open late tonight. We just had something to eat and may get swimsuits on to go down for a swim, or we may watch a movie in the room. My 9 year old is jumping but has let out some pretty big yawns, so we’ll see! We are just here for a night before moving to our dvc resort tomorrow.

I don't think I previously responded to this topic, but I did mention my plans elsewhere that I was spending it somewhere in Southern California.

Ended up watching something at the Esplanade at Disneyland. It was weird too as a several people were were huddled near one of the covered turnstiles (to escape the rain) at California Adventure since it was raining. They had NYE fireworks scheduled but it turned out they didn't go through - probably because the rain would have messed with the proper execution. They had a bunch of searchlights and we could hear the countdown. And once it hit midnight there really wasn't much else since they obviously cancelled the fireworks. I was wet, my feet were soaked, but I was there soaking up my cheapskate Disney magic. I did pay $11 for a 12 oz canned beer earlier at the Grand Californian, so at least I did buy something.

I'd been there Dec 31, 2019 and we park hopped at night. But they had stuff going on in both parks. At Disneyland Park they had DJ and some electronic display with the countdown. I wasn't sure that we'd be there in time as we had passes for Indy that might have delayed us past midnight, but we went through a lot faster and found ourselves back in time for the countdown. After the countdown it was so crowded that we were allowed through an employee corridor to exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter