• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New York Ground Transportation Question

teenal100

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We are booked on the WBTA 2023 that ends in New York. We spoke with Disney and were advised that they did not have ground transportation to LaGuardia airport. Does anyone know why this is, as we were able to book transportation after our 2019 WBTA. Any recommendations for a car service?

Thanks

I would take a cab or rideshare (Uber/ Lyft). I would not want to navigate mass transit with my cruise luggage (I'm in NYC regularly, have cruised in and out of NYC multiple times, traveled through LGA many times, used mass transit to do this once to get uptown to friends of ours who had parked our car for the week, and it's solidly something I never want to do again). Maybe if it is just you, solo, with minimal luggage, but even then I just wouldn't do that to myself.

If you opt for rideshare, cross the street when you exit the cruise terminal. Set your pickup for the curb you're now standing on, it's much less hectic.

Cruised out of NYC last October on DCL. Same thing. They don't offer any transportation and I don't know why. Taking a cab or rideshare is your best option I think.

Hello,
We are booked on the WBTA 2023 that ends in New York. We spoke with Disney and were advised that they did not have ground transportation to LaGuardia airport. Does anyone know why this is, as we were able to book transportation after our 2019 WBTA. Any recommendations for a car service?

Thanks
Uber

Yes, I would cross 12th Ave, via 48th or 50th St. (Eastbound) call for a Lyft/Uber. and be prepared for peak pricing. If one's cruise disembarks at ~8:30am'ish on a M-F, there will be competition for taxi transportation. An alternative is to leave the ship as late as possible or hang at a coffee shop on 11th Ave.

We were told this last year by Disney.
They did though arrange a taxi for us which was waiting right outside the port when we arrived.
This year we are staying on in New York for a few days.

We were on this last year and I'll echo what others are saying. We were going to do mass transit, but honestly, even though we did it all over Europe on that trip, by the time we got to NYC we were just over it after walking a block or so.
Rideshares are EXPENSIVE on cruise days though. So just be prepared.

I dragged my suitcase to Port authority and took a bus to Newark from there. The dragging was really not pleasant esp cause we got up in the middle of the night to experience the sailing in by the statue of Liberty...

Hello,

Thanks
We booked a town car transfer through DCL from port to LaGuardia after the WBTA last fall. Call the direct line for embarkation/debarkation services at 407-566-7343 and ask about this service. The regular cast members who answer the DCL calls were not helpful at all in regards to adding this to our reservation. In fact, the service worked very efficiently. Porter took us from luggage retrieval, through customs, and out to a waiting car that took up on to the airport.

We booked a town car transfer through DCL from port to LaGuardia after the WBTA last fall. Call the direct line for embarkation/debarkation services at 407-566-7343 and ask about this service. The regular cast members who answer the DCL calls were not helpful at all in regards to adding this to our reservation. In fact, the service worked very efficiently. Porter took us from luggage retrieval, through customs, and out to a waiting car that took up on to the airport.
Thank you.

Mass-transit to LGA is a royal pain unless and until they get the proposed AirTrain built.

If you can change to JFK, you can take the A towards Far Rockaway or the E towards Jamaica and grab the AirTrain from there.

Or if you can change to EWR, you can take a NJ Transit train to the EWR station and AirTrain from that. No reason to take a sketchy bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter