New Zealand Sailing vs Tower (bungy?)

couture1

Earning My Ears
Hello we are looking at day 2 activity: Americas cup sailing vs Sky tower (optional activity) and wondering if anyone has booked sky tower bungy jumping? Or if there are any days/on our own time when we could book bungy jumping?
Thank you

Hello we are looking at day 2 activity: Americas cup sailing vs Sky tower (optional activity) and wondering if anyone has booked sky tower bungy jumping? Or if there are any days/on our own time when we could book bungy jumping?
Thank you
We had someone in our group who did the Sky Tower bungy on their own before, the AbD started. Depending on when you are arriving in Auckland, this could easily be done on arrival day afternoon or on the first AbD day as tour activities do not start until a group dinner on first night. Since it’s only open until 5pm, there would not be time to do this after your Waiheke Island day as the ferry get back around 05:30pm

I’d encourage you to try to find time to do this before your AbD starts, as the American’s Cup sailing experience is a lot of fun. You can also go bungy jumping while in Queenstown, there is time to do so during on your own time after the bike ride or on the morning of departure day if you have a late afternoon flight out.

Last edited:
Thank you
Also to note its not really a bungy as you don't bounce around, you go straight down in a controlled descent of up to 85km per hour (so not a freefall). I have not done it but from memory of watching people do they can also stop you in front of the viewing floor on the way down.

The Nevis bungy in Queenstown is a true bungy with the freefall experience but it is shorter at 134m compared to the SkyJump at 192M. Nevis is the highest bungy in NZ.

Also to note its not really a bungy as you don't bounce around, you go straight down in a controlled descent of up to 85km per hour (so not a freefall). I have not done it but from memory of watching people do they can also stop you in front of the viewing floor on the way down.

The Nevis bungy in Queenstown is a true bungy with the freefall experience but it is shorter at 134m compared to the SkyJump at 192M. Nevis is the highest bungy in NZ.
We had planned on going to the shotover canyon drop outside of Queenstown the morning of our post day, as our flight didn't leave until 3 pm, but had trouble with the reservation. They were going to work us in, but it would be a close call. and then we had airline issues where our flight was cancelled the night before, and moved forward in time making this impossible. You might consider this as well, as it is pickup/return from the hotel and appears a lot more wild. It didn't happen for us, so I can't tell you more. The people are very accommodating and helpful, though. https://www.canyonswing.co.nz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter