• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

newbie here, need advice

the1disneyfan1

Earning My Ears
HI all,

I just joined this forum and am so thankful for it! My daughter and I went to WDW for the first time in Dec 1999 and loved it! We have booked a land/sea package for SEpt for my husband's birthday, but I love Christmas at Disney and thought it would be fun to spend New Years Eve on the ship. Since I've never been on a cruise I feel ignorant on being able to make good choices. I would appreciate any feedback on birthday or Christmas/New Years Eve on ship.....which would be better? ( plus I'm wondering about the difference in weather between mid Sept and the end of Dec) I have lots more questions but I figured the first should be on wether I should change our date from Sept to Dec.
Thank you so very much!!!

Katie

the1disneyfan1@yahoo.com:wave:

I think it would be GREAT fun to spend New Years Eve on the ship, but beware, it's probably going to cost you at least double for a holiday trip. DCL is VERY expensive over the holidays. So much so, that I don't know if we'll ever be able to afford it. I looked into it, and it would cost me more than double for a 7 night over the holidays, than cruising the first week in November. Not worth it in my book!!! If you do decide to change, you'll LOVE IT!! WDW and I'm sure DCL are WONDERFUL at the holidays. We were at WDW last Christmas and it was so beautiful to see all the decorations. As for weather, I'm not sure about the cruise, but Orlando will probably be MUCH colder than September. Last year, it didn't make it out of the low 60's the entire week we were there. This year, I believe it did get a little warmer, but not much. Something to consider!! Have a great time, whichever time you decide to go!!!

in '01, we took 12/15 Magic 7-day Eastern. The ship was decorated beautifully for Christmas, there was a tree lighting ceremony, and Mrs Claus read to the children...

My advice to you, especially if you are on a budget, is to consider the cruise just prior to Christmas, mid December...you will get all of the holiday "magic" at fall value season discount pricing...

hi and welcome , they seem to have it right so far VERY expensive
also u might do Better with the price if u book things seperate and not the land and sea package so to speak,
book the room at wdw book the cruise and the airfare and the tickets a little more work but in the long run u will end up saving money...... here is a site that will help u with some of your Questions ..... they have worked very hard puttting all this info, together for us and i believe they have been on 21 cruises or so
here is the link www.castawayclub.com
the week before xmas is alot less expensive than the week of xmas peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter