Newbie looking for advice/suggestions

mattkev2001

Earning My Ears
DVC members here thinking of our first Universal trip (don't tell Walt) in APril 2011. Still searching this very helpful site but thought I would ask advice:

Suggestions for Packages/discounts/hotels for family of 4? Leaning towards staying on property (like DVC).

Which park, or both, is best for kids ages 10, 7.

Is 3 or 4 nights appropriate?

Is a car necessary? Transportation from MCO to Universal? I think I saw that their is no similiar Magical Express mode of transportation?

I'll keep searching but appreciate any suggestions.

Stay on site, it'll be worth it. Not sure about packages.

Your kids will enjoy both parks so get hoppers.

3 or 4 days is perfect!

Not sure about transportation but if you have a car you will pay $15 per day.

DVC members here thinking of our first Universal trip (don't tell Walt) in APril 2011. Still searching this very helpful site but thought I would ask advice:

Suggestions for Packages/discounts/hotels for family of 4? Leaning towards staying on property (like DVC).

Which park, or both, is best for kids ages 10, 7.

Is 3 or 4 nights appropriate?

Is a car necessary? Transportation from MCO to Universal? I think I saw that their is no similiar Magical Express mode of transportation?

I'll keep searching but appreciate any suggestions.

Onsite is very expensive but you get front of line passes for whole family :woohoo:
3 nights is probably plenty unless it is a really busy time then you may want another day.

transportation:
no free shuttle
MEars shuttle is available for hire (might be expensive for a family)
taxi is available
car rental is easy ( might be cheapest option) check on parking fees to see if this is worth it

Thanks all for the info. I'll keep searaching the site for more great info. Appreciate the discussion on transportation too - renting a car or perhaps a limo service to/from may be worth it - esp with $15 parking fees.

Thanks all for the info. I'll keep searaching the site for more great info. Appreciate the discussion on transportation too - renting a car or perhaps a limo service to/from may be worth it - esp with $15 parking fees.
Yeah the parking fees really add up after a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter