Newbie ?-Method to check DVC availability for non-members wanting to rent pts.

Titanium

Magic Kingdom
Hello,
I'm new to the DVC world, up until now we've stayed at WDW hotels. I see that there are confirmed reservations to rent and also a way to make a request for a DVC owner to rent you some of their points. Is there a way to check availability prior to making a request for non-owners? I have a stay booked xxx xx-xx for Art of Animation because WDW hotels seem to be VERY booked that weekend and am consideing alternatives. I'd also like a way to check DVC availability when checking WDW hotel availability. Thanks! Tim

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm new to the DVC world, up until now we've stayed at WDW hotels. I see that there are confirmed reservations to rent and also a way to make a request for a DVC owner to rent you some of their points. Is there a way to check availability prior to making a request for non-owners? I have a stay booked xxx xx-xx for Art of Animation because WDW hotels seem to be VERY booked that weekend and am consideing alternatives. I'd also like a way to check DVC availability when checking WDW hotel availability. Thanks! Tim
There isn't a way to check DVC availability in a real-time way unless you are a member. Some rental agencies will collect availability data on a regular basis and make those results available to potential renters but since availability is very fluid, the results are not completely accurate.

FWIW, your dates occur during a very popular time for DVC owners and you are very, very late to be seeking a rental for those nights. If you can find a confirmed reservation that meets your needs, then book it. Otherwise, chances are very slim of getting a DVC rental at this point.

DVC has a 11 month/9 month booking schedule. It's possible to fill with waitlist or sheer luck, but last minute isn't how DVC works.

You can search confirmed reservations to rent at several DVC brokers. Just look up DVC confirmed reservation.

There isn't a way to check DVC availability in a real-time way unless you are a member. Some rental agencies will collect availability data on a regular basis and make those results available to potential renters but since availability is very fluid, the results are not completely accurate.

FWIW, your dates occur during a very popular time for DVC owners and you are very, very late to be seeking a rental for those nights. If you can find a confirmed reservation that meets your needs, then book it. Otherwise, chances are very slim of getting a DVC rental at this point.

Last edited:

DVC has a 11 month/9 month booking schedule. It's possible to fill with waitlist or sheer luck, but last minute isn't how DVC works.

You can search confirmed reservations to rent at several DVC brokers. Just look up DVC confirmed reservation.

Last edited:
Yes, the beginning of Nov. looks busy, not any hotel WDW availability to speak of for that timeframe either.
You may already know or be running, but those are the exact dates of the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend. We had luck finding a “last minute” room at the Dolphin for an extra guest when my sister ran in 2021.

You may already know or be running, but those are the exact dates of the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend. We had luck finding a “last minute” room at the Dolphin for an extra guest when my sister ran in 2021.

Last edited:
I removed the dates if your post since you are asking about renting and it could be confused with a request to rent which is not allowed.

But as mentioned, DVC rooms book up quickly abs what is available at any one time can change in an instant..it’s why we do not allow posters to share what is currently showing on the DVC actual site.

Confirmed reservations are actually booked already by an owner so they are a sure thing. Those Are a good option for specific dates when you are looking for something.

Keep an eye on the sites to see if something shows up that matches.

I removed the dates if your post since you are asking about renting and it could be confused with a request to rent which is not allowed.

But as mentioned, DVC rooms book up quickly abs what is available at any one time can change in an instant..it’s why we do not allow posters to share what is currently showing on the DVC actual site.

Confirmed reservations are actually booked already by an owner so they are a sure thing. Those Are a good option for specific dates when you are looking for something.

Keep an eye on the sites to see if something shows up that matches.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter