Newbie needs trip planning advice please!

honeyb35

Mouseketeer
I've been to Disneyland Paris a few times, but would love to take kids to Disney in Florida next year! It will include 2 adults, a 15 year old, an 11 year old, a 9 year old and a baby (due next month). The 11 year old is severely disabled and a full time wheelchair user. We live in Sheffield, and ideally would travel from Manchester or other close by airports, but can travel further afield if needed.
I want to stay on site for ease of access, but not at one of the most expensive hotels.
I keep seeing adverts for 'free dining', but not sure if this is a standard ploy to make you book by a set date?
Datewise I'm looking probably at the Easter holidays - the kids break up on 18th March for 2 weeks. I'm not sure how long we would need - maybe 7-10 days? Not bothered about seaworld or anything.
Its the furthest we will have ever travelled, so very exciting, but frightening as well!
What is the standard advice re tipping etc?
Where is a good place to book? I would need someone I can explain all my sons disabilities and needs to ideally, I am aware this will probably mean more expense than just booking online though.
I would be grateful for any hints and tips as I feel completely out of my depth here!

There are suites available at some value and moderate resorts that can accommodate your group. Using an agent to assist with planning and booking I personally found to be very helpful! Dreams Unlimited would be my first choice.
Check out the DIS Unplugged channel on YouTube and you will find a ton of valuable information.
Enjoy your planning!

Coming from the UK I would say you need 10-14 days. I would book a package through Disney direct to include your hotel and flights.

Free dining is around every year and if you are staying in Disney and not going elsewhere will probably be a good deal for you. They may or may not offer another offer after free dining is finished - this year they did a free nights offer. The CMs at Disney are very knowledgeable so give them a call to start.

As for tipping the main ones are table service meals which is 15-20% of the pre-tax amount. Drinks from a bar - $1 or $2 per drink. Bell Services - $1 or $2 per bag depending on weight. Taxis - usually round up to the nearest $5 so its around 10-15% of the fare.

Good luck :goodvibes

On our recent trip we did 18 nights - 4 nights at universal at the beginning and then 14 nights at Disney. From our time at Disney we only went offsite once to go to the kennedy space center and did feel we had plenty of time to explore Disney but still didn't manage to get everything done.

If you are looking at free dining be aware that for next year it isn't offered over Easter. These are the dates it is available taken from the T&Cs on the website.
'Offer is available to book April 23 – November 3, 2015 for selected arrivals January 1 – March 15, 2016 and April 3 – November 30, 2016.'
When we were first looking into booking we found that Easter was one of the busiest times of year to visit.

I found this website very interesting to read alongside asking lots of advice from the lovely people here.
http://www.easywdw.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter