Newbie Qs - please be gentle ;)

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Evening all,

I'd been planning on our 1st WDW visit this year but life & the wee issue of being unemployed and going back to college got in the way!
I'm now working in my dream job and have next year's holidays all sewn up (little med cruise booked ) and thoughts have turned to a big blow out holiday in 2017 and naturally WDW is top on that list.

I'm looking at doing 2 weeks mid May with my kids and big sister and the lure of free full dining had me looking at OKW & SS. I'm basing rough estimates on dummy bookings for next May but thought I best ask the experts - when should I expect May 2017 to be on sale with free dining plans? Or is that the best offer I could hope for - sorry I'm a total newbie (DLP Vet and happy to swap info though if that help!?)

We're looking at booking our direct DUB - MCO flights end of July next year when they come out and aren't awfully bothered by them coming in a bit dearer than indirect for the easiness and fact we can preclear immigration.

Think we're swaying towards OKW as the studio rooms would work best for us I reckon but it's early days so we're open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance x

If past history stays true the best offer esp for OKW & SSR will be released towards the end of April.

OKW & SSR are discounted in addition to the free dining and come with the gift card which is most definitely the best offer you can get. Usually you can't combine a discount with free DDP however those two are the exception.

One thing to keep in mind. Since you are UK, I wanted to inquire about your heat tolerance. Mid May can be blasted hot. One year, I was there around the 10th and it was 97 degrees with stifling humidity. I'm from the deep south and we were melting! When my UK friends come here in that kind of heat, they struggle. Just wanted to make sure you were aware it is really getting into some very hot temps. Have you considered the last week of April? It's a good time for lower crowds also, but maybe a few degrees cooler.

One thing to keep in mind. Since you are UK, I wanted to inquire about your heat tolerance. Mid May can be blasted hot. One year, I was there around the 10th and it was 97 degrees with stifling humidity. I'm from the deep south and we were melting! When my UK friends come here in that kind of heat, they struggle. Just wanted to make sure you were aware it is really getting into some very hot temps. Have you considered the last week of April? It's a good time for lower crowds also, but maybe a few degrees cooler.

We're actually from Ireland not the UK.
Which is probably worse re heat tolerance!! But we are kind of stuck to dates as my son and daughter are getting church sacriments in 2017 and my son's communion will be early May so I was aiming at going afterwards and work gets busy from June to September and I really dont want to wait til Autumn. The end of May into June could be an option too, would that be better? Thanks for your reply :)

If past history stays true the best offer esp for OKW & SSR will be released towards the end of April.

OKW & SSR are discounted in addition to the free dining and come with the gift card which is most definitely the best offer you can get. Usually you can't combine a discount with free DDP however those two are the exception.

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your help. It sounds like the offer for us!! We were also toying with 10 days onsite and a short DCL cruise if time allows but we're still ages away from knowing if thats even an option.

Regarding the heat we have never found it too much of an issue. I would go as early in May as you can as the crowds start to build towards the end of the month and run into summer...

I can thoroughly recomend the OKW Studios. They are a great size with the added benefit of the small kitchen and a balcony. The beds are nice and big and there is plenty of storage. The DDP is great especially if you like character meals (and from reading your DLP trip reports I know you do!) A cruise would be lovely, but if not you will find plenty within Disney to fill your time for 2 weeks. Enjoy your planning!!

Hey, I've seen a few post saying its blooming hot in May and it is but when I went with my BF a few years ago for 14 nights in May it was amazing.

best weather ever!

good luck with planning

Another vote for OKW - it's usually heavily discounted for European visitors, and if you can get in early enough to qualify for free dinning and the gift card, it makes it a great deal.
We always start any Florida trip with at least 5 nights there.
Just be sure to research the resort and request an area suitable for you - OKW is so large that you could end up stuck at the opposite end of the resort to where you'd like to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter