• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie ?'s including Candy Cane/Long Beach

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
HI, I'm WDW veteran and haven't been to DL since 1976. I am really hoping to get there this August ( I should know in a week or two if I can do it). I have been lurking on the DL board lately but I still have a few questions.

I have decided on the Candy Cane, I think. If the parks open at 8:00 what time does the Candy Cane breakfast start serving?

Also, if the park opens at 8:00 is there still EE with the multi day hopper? ( I can get a 5 day for $159 through work)

I would be flying into Long Beach, what are the best, most convienent rental car companies at this airport? I have free emerald aisle at National because of work but it looks like emerald aisle is not available at Long Beach. (I love this at Orlando, being able to bypass the counter).

Thanks, and hopefully I will be there this August.

Candy Cane breakfast has always started at 7am when we've stayed.

Unless you really need the rental, I'd do a shuttle van (Super Shuttle). They can quote prices online. Everything at DL is walking distance from Candy Cane. If you need a rental, the best one's I've used here are Enterprise and Hertz.

Vanvmom said:
Candy Cane breakfast has always started at 7am when we've stayed.

Unless you really need the rental, I'd do a shuttle van (Super Shuttle). They can quote prices online. Everything at DL is walking distance from Candy Cane. If you need a rental, the best one's I've used here are Enterprise and Hertz.

Thanks, since the parks are open at 8 the week I want to go 7 should be o.k. to grab a quick bite. I plan on doing non-Disney stuff too so a rental would be necessary.

While its true there is no Emerald Aisle, you still have a priority line at the counter. LGB is so small, you're not going to have to wait for more than 1 person to get helped ahead of you. Every time I've rented, they've told me what they had and still let me choose.

All the rental companies share a small trailer right outisde the terminal, so none is more convenient than any other. Stick with National since you'll get better service from them.

I know many people recommend taking a shuttle, but with my Emerald membership and discount codes from Entertainment, I've always come out ahead by renting. Plus, having the car allows me to make a Walmart run, or a Character Warehouse (discount Disney merchandise) run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter