• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie to FW Cabins

chele74RN

Earning My Ears
I have just booked a cabin Oct 26 thru Nov 3. :Pinkbounc
My son is disabled and cannot walk very far without getting tired. what loop would be best close to the pool? Also if I rent a golf cart can we ride to the marina and park it to ride to MK? we are driving our own car so the other parks we will drive to but MK is so far to walk from the parking lot/TTC/monorail and so on. At the parks we rent a stroller. Also is the BBQ offered in Oct or Nov? If so what does it include it seems pretty expensive for hot dogs and baked beans. Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated..
Thank you:D

I can tell you what we thought about which loop. Five years ago we went and were in the 2500 loop. The pool is right in your "backyard". This year we tried the 2100 loop as it is closer to the center of FW and to the Meadows pool. The meadows pool is larger and has a kiddie pool too. I personally would go back to the 2500 loop. I didn't think the kiddie pool was that much of an advantage (I'd rather have my kids in the same pool as me and the big pool has stairs along one whole end so the little ones really have plenty of shallow place to play) and it was quite a hoof to this area fron 2100. Last ime we used the pool almost every day, this time we only use is about 2-3 times. It was too far to just go for a little while. We didn't have a golf cart and that would have made some difference but I still think I would prefer the 2500 loop.

Hi

We stayed in the 2500 loop, the first cabin in the loop 2 weeks ago and we were right opposite the pool and the laundry. There was a ditch in between though.

We hired a golf cart for 6 of our 7 days and had a lot of fun with it.You could park at the Marina end and at the Oupost depot depending on where you were going which saved the time on the internal buses although we did use those our first day and found them to be quick and efficient. We used the boat to the Magic Kingdom which was great fun. The walk to the bag search area and then into Main Street was not too far from where the boat docks. We rode the disney buses to all the parks and Animal Kingdom lodge which was quite a ride when we ate at the Boma restaurant.
We did not do either the Hoopdedoo or the BBQ as our 2 are older teenagers but did go to the Trails End Buffet where the food was plain but good.
Shirley

Hi

We stayed in the 2500 loop, the first cabin in the loop 2 weeks ago and we were right opposite the pool and the laundry. There was a ditch in between though.

We hired a golf cart for 6 of our 7 days and had a lot of fun with it.You could park at the Marina end and at the Oupost depot depending on where you were going which saved the time on the internal buses although we did use those our first day and found them to be quick and efficient. We used the boat to the Magic Kingdom which was great fun. The walk to the bag search area and then into Main Street was not too far from where the boat docks. We rode the disney buses to all the parks and Animal Kingdom lodge which was quite a ride when we ate at the Boma restaurant.
We did not do either the Hoopdedoo or the BBQ as our 2 are older teenagers but did go to the Trails End Buffet where the food was plain but good.
Shirley

Your best thing would be a golf cart. You can drive them anywhere in the campground. There is parking for them at the pools, laundrys, trading posts. You can leave them at the marina or pioneer hall all day with places to plug in the chargers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter