Newbies hit DLP feb trip report!

chaoscupcake

Earning My Ears
bonjour :thumbsup2

just returned from our first trip from the 14th-17th feb staying at the santa fe with my 5 year old son and husband, we had a wonderful time and wanted to share a few moments with you so sit back and relax..but please no flash photography :goodvibes

Tuesday 14th Feb

woke up insanely early, I say woke up, I didnt actually sleep more than 3 hours thanks to a combination of excitement, nerves about flight and a foghorn snoring husband. Got the car packed and freed a sleepy boy from his bed, I was hoping he would sleep a bit more in the car but his eyes snapped open the second I strapped him in with a 'is today disneyland?'

We got to the airport and hung around till our 7.15 flight yawning and drinking coffee and showing the toys where we needed to go :rolleyes1
001-8.jpg

The flight was non eventful, very small plane which I wasnt too keen on. There was a young guy flying who was intensley nervous and kept mumbling to himself and starting to cry which freaked me out a bit as Im a nervous flyer myself but was trying to keep my cool as it was my sons first flight.

003-5.jpg

Arrived at ORLY, said goodbye to the plane and went off to meet Jon from ezyshuttle...well worth the money he is fab :thumbsup2 Caused a minor fuss due to Jons card displaying my husbands name which he shares with a minor celebrity...needless to say they were a few dissapointed looks and cameras put away when we trundled over!

004-8.jpg

Took about 40 minutes till we arrived at the santa fe,my son fell asleep and woke up to see the huge lightning and sally sign and started bouncing up and down in his seat :)

153.jpg

no one else in the queue to check in which was fab as 15 minutes later the shuttle buss arrived and everyone hoarded in en masse so we missed that. There were a lot of heart balloons up and sweets being handed out. We were given our keycard and paraphenalia and had EMH explained to us, as we had requested an early check in although it was about 10.45am we were told we had a new room ready for us. On the way we bumped into this guy..

005-6.jpg

We made our way to our room which was about 2 mins walk and entered the block, my sons eyes lit up when he noticed the carpet had road cones on it and Luigi on each door, when we opened the door he went almost ballistic, he will tell you himself 'cars is my life' so this was perfect

011-5.jpg

010-6.jpg

009-9.jpg

008-4.jpg

007-7.jpg

007-7.jpg

006-8.jpg

I unpacked whilst the boy flicked through the tv channels giggling at mickey mouse clubhouse in french whilst my hubby fiddled with the heater..by god it was freezing in that room, took a good day to heat it up! Then we grabbed our stuff and decided to head for the studios first as thats where the cars are :)

Part 2 of the first day to follow,which includes my sons not so enjoyable experience on crush! I have to go to work dammit :(

Great start :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting pics of Santa Fe room, my ds is mad on Cars too.

Look forward to hearing more popcorn::

Great start - I could imagine a little boy just loving a room like that - how fab! :)

I have to say though, Disney must be the only customer for those colour bathroom tiles (I know they fit in with the theme but boy, they'd make my eyes hurt lol) :lmao:. Love the mirror and cone lights above the bed - really well done.

How lucky bumping into Mickey as soon as you got there :goodvibes

Look forward to hearing the rest.

I am wondering about Crush this year for us - DD1 will be just turned 7 and DD1 just turned 4 (but is tall so tends to be able to ride most rides even if they aren't suitable purely down to her height - not that I would put her on them of course!). They both quite like coasters (but we've only done quite tame-ish ones so far)... so not sure..... :confused3

Wow! That room looks fantastic. I stayed in Santa Fe last year but the room wasn't fully Cars themed! Wish I'd booked Santa Fe now instead of Cheyenne! :confused3

Great start what an amazing room! Wow I love it! X

I really love the new Cars theme rooms! :cool1:

I just hope we can a fully themed, new room when we go in october :dancer:

Those rooms look fab! I just wish one of the lower end hotels was more girly - they are all very boy themed at Cheyenne, Santa Fe etc.

What a great start to your trip. Your son is super cute:goodvibes

Just joined your TR. :)

That SF room looks amazing!!

Can't wait for more. :)

Wow those pics are fab! This is the first time I've been tempted to try out the Santa Fe, even though I'm not keen on the exterior. But I love Cars lol.
Really looking forward to reading more.

Excellent trip report so far! I'm looking forward to the next installment!
You got so much done on your first day :thumbsup2

I have to also thank you, DH was insistant that our November trip this year would be our last for a few years, he feels we all need 'a break from Disney' (no, i know, i have no idea what this is either :rotfl2: )
But after seeing your lovely pictures of the new rooms at the SF he thinks we need a quick weekend trip next year while our boys are still young enough to enjoy cars!!!! For this i am eternally gratefull!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter