"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Would you go to the one in Pittsburgh or Legacy Village? I know I get email coupons sent...you can sign up for Club Fondue and get a free chocolate fondue coupon. Our location also has "pre fix" menus that are slightly cheaper.

ETA: for some reason I think you live close to me, hence the Pit or LV comment... :teeth:

Pittsburgh! I signed up for Club Fondue and we got a free dessert coupon, but a we found a 50% off coupon a long time ago. I was hoping there was something like that floating around.;)

I personally LOVE POP. I'm a bit of a dork, though. I've only stayed at POP, GF and CSR.

I think the resort is very well maintained, the food court is great and the bus service is superb.

Me too! I love the theming of the values! DH and I both said we were going to miss staying at the different hotels....but we love the DVC resorts so much!

Free dining isn't the cheapest route to go, but neither is the dining plan. It's nice to have everything paid for ahead of time though. I would recommend doing it at least once! We find lately that it's cheaper not to use it, but that's because of our family dynamics at the moment. Later, we will probably start using it again when I'm ready to start doing regular dining again with my little angels.:lmao:Disney has so many really nice restaurants!

I really like the look of Pop too! I'd like to stay in the 50's or 60's sections if we end up staying there. We really don't NEED to go on this trip since Jamie and I were just there, but I can't seem to pass this up and I want to take Evan for the first time. I told Jamie to look at the values today, I have a feeling he'll pick All Star Sport and I've stayed there before.

Mmm, Melting Pot, I love that place!!

My boys will be going up north with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. Last weekend they took Elliott overnight on Friday night because Wyatt had a wrestling tournament on Saturday, and my DH was still in Key West with the military, and there was no way I could do the wrestling tournament with no one else there with me!! DH has his National Guard weekend this weekend and his boss is retiring, so I am going with him down for the retirement. I told him with not having any drinks since Memorial Day of 2009, I will probably be a cheap date!

I've been on the dining plan while staying at a DVC resort and really enjoyed it. Since we'd only be going for 4 night/5 days we thought that quick service would be ok and I think were only planning on maybe going to 1 or 2 parks, but were also conisdering upgrading our tickets from 5 day bases to 10 day park hoppers with no expiration and only use 2 days while down there. I've stayed at All Star Sports before and I enjoyed it and I've always wanted to try the other resorts, I love the themeing. I thought the Free dining might be a good way to go because we get to try a new resort and get ticket and get to eat for free, but you're right DVC is very nice.

I'd love more info on Pop or PO if you have any!

Gotcha. I totally get wanted to try new resorts.

I think it all depends on what you want to spend. Personally, we choose POR again for August, because we LOVE the quiet pools. We also love the theming and atmosphere of the resort. We really perfer a nice uncrowded pool in August espcially with the LO in tow, since the slide won't matter. I just feel like I'm really on vacation at POR. POFQ is nice too...much smaller so shorter walks, though we've stayed as far away from the main building at POR as possible and LOVED it. POFQ only has the one pool, but they did some stuff there for Princess and the Frog.

For values we've stayed at POP and Sports. We definitely prefer Sports. POP was just too much for us. It is so HUGE and for some reason the colors and theming bothered me. It's so similar to sports in that way, so I'm not too sure what really was our issue, but DH and I totally agreed that we won't be going back. If you do all star, stick with Sports cuz the buses are the best.

If money isn't an issue, I would definitely pick POR.

If you have any more specfic questions, let me know. I don't think you really can go wrong on WDW property.

CUTE house!! You never know, it might not sell right away and you could get your chance! We're hoping to move this late spring/early summer. I'm still in the process of de-cluttering our house (how we accumulated so much crap is beyond me!). My goal is to have our house on the market by the first of May. Of course I am so bad about searching online for houses and I think I found my "perfect" one! It's in the same area I grew up in and really close to my mom! We're actually going to look at it this weekend. If I really like it just hope it stays on the market long enough for us to make an offer! :rolleyes1

link to house

Love the kitchen and the arched opening in the wall!

Gotcha. I totally get wanted to try new resorts.

I think it all depends on what you want to spend. Personally, we choose POR again for August, because we LOVE the quiet pools. We also love the theming and atmosphere of the resort. We really perfer a nice uncrowded pool in August espcially with the LO in tow, since the slide won't matter. I just feel like I'm really on vacation at POR. POFQ is nice too...much smaller so shorter walks, though we've stayed as far away from the main building at POR as possible and LOVED it. POFQ only has the one pool, but they did some stuff there for Princess and the Frog.

For values we've stayed at POP and Sports. We definitely prefer Sports. POP was just too much for us. It is so HUGE and for some reason the colors and theming bothered me. It's so similar to sports in that way, so I'm not too sure what really was our issue, but DH and I totally agreed that we won't be going back. If you do all star, stick with Sports cuz the buses are the best.

If money isn't an issue, I would definitely pick POR.

If you have any more specfic questions, let me know. I don't think you really can go wrong on WDW property.

We are staying at POR for 5 nights this trip, and I can't wait! It looks so pretty, and ds12 wants to fish in the fishing hole! We are doing CR for our last 2 nights. I've only stayed at Sports on our previous two trips. Ds12 was actually very disappointed that we weren't going to be there again, until I showed him the fishing hole!:rotfl:

Sarah, I just wrote a BOOK on your other thread! Sorry about that, once I started.. I just couldnt stop.:lmao:

You guys are NOT going to believe what Jazzy did to me today. I picked her up to lay her down for her nap... and she was soaked. :confused3 Odd. I had just changed her. No way did she pee through already. I felt her tushy... There was NO diaper. :scared1: I thought I had been so distracted when I changed her, I forgot to put another diaper on her!:rotfl2: I laid her down, took off her sleeper, and there was the diaper.. Wrapped around her leg!:rotfl2: I dont know what happened.. But it sure was funny. SHe is my little nudist. If I dont have pants on the child, her diaper always come off.

Ohhh, I missed the talk of favorite resorts! :teeth: My favorite value is Pop. I love the fact that they have their own bus. I've never felt too far away from anything, but we always ask for the 90's. I don't like how far the bus stop is at the parks though - being the last one isn't fun at the end of the night.
For moderates, my favorite is CSR. LOVE the queen beds. LOVE the divider wall between bathroom and bedroom. LOVE the pool and hot tub. Not fond of the food court though... POFQ is my second favorite because of the intimacy of the resort and how close it is to Wolfgang Puck Express I mean Downtown Disney. :rotfl:

Shopping tomorrow and then lunch at Olive Garden with a girlfriend whom I haven't seen since JUNE of last year...prior the birth of her baby! And we only live 45 minutes apart! :rotfl: Isn't it crazy how we never seem to see the people closest to us?

Hello everyone. I have been MIA for a while. I just now realized there is a new thread for us New Moms. We have been out of town for about a week at my parents. Since I have been home it has been busy around here so I have not had time to catch up.

I do see there has been a lot of talk about DVC lately. We have been members since Feb 2002 and own at BCV. I can't say enough possitive things about it. We have 400 points and have been able to take family with us often. The 2BR's are wonderful and there is no way we would shell out $800 plus for a 5 nights over Thanksgiving to stay there. With DVC it is possible. Last month we took my brother and sil with us. In September we are going to DL to stay in a 1BR at the Grand Californian Villas. As someone posted before, yes you do save money, but in the long run you spend way much more... We go all the time since we have the points and have an AP.:thumbsup2 I am so glad we bought in because it forces us to take vacations. The crazy thing is, it was my DH's idea to buy.

Hope everyone is doing great. Welcome to all the new Mommies that have joined:yay:

sarah where is your other thread? i thought i subscribed but it hasnt been showing up under my subscriptions?

ETA: Nevermind I thought it was the travelling to disney with a new baby thread they were talking about.

Teeth question!!!

Lucas got his two bottom central incisors at the same time. The top two central incisors are coming in, they've broken through but they're not all the way out if you know what I mean.

...well, the right bottom lateral incisor is coming in, too. It's a bit strange. It's coming in faster than the top two central incisors are.

So I've google'd and every.single.article I read says that baby gets the bottom central incisors first (which he did) and then the top 4 teeth, then about a month later the next 2 bottom incisors.

Is it really strange that he's only getting the top 2 central incisors (and not all 4?) at the same time he's getting (only 1!) bottom lateral incisor??

I figure it doesn't matter but it's a bit confusing to read every article state they should be coming in a different order.

Patsy, I looked at DS baby book and he had the same thing. Our LO has all 4 top and bottom teeth and they came in different than my other DS, and earlier too. I think as long as they show up eventually it's ok. We have a friend whose daughter is 17 months old and she only has a few teeth so far.

We went to the zoo today and had a great day enjoying the warm weather. It was really busy but we had free passes that expired soon. One of the baby gorillas was hanging on the mom and the dad was laying in a big pile of hay. He bunched up a handful and stuffed it under his back like a pillow. Seemed like he had it pretty easy!

Hmmm. thanks for the responses about the teeth!

I'm debating something else, too. I hate to be *that* parent that calls the pediatrician's office for everything so I'll see what you guys think.

We're going to the beach in a little less than 4 weeks. I've started loading up on swim diapers (though I really, highly doubt that we'll put Lucas in the water) but I know that we'll at least sit on the beach. I bought him sand toys and all that jazz.

Since he's got crazy sensitive skin and really bad dermatitis is there a sunscreen out there that anyone suggests? Or should I call the pediatrician's office and see if there is something he thinks would work best or do they make prescription sunscreens? I feel like I'm making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be but Lucas just has such issues with his skin, I don't want to put something on him and have a reaction at the beach. :(

So what do you guys think?? Just buy something and test it before we go or call and see what they say. They say you should call with any questions but do they mean it? haha.
I'll be in Pittsburgh tomorrow (IKEA woohoo!) so I can pitstop at a BRU to get something that I wouldn't be able to find locally.

Hi Piecey! My daughter has super sensitive skin and is allergic to most sunblock. She is not, however, allergic to Neutrogena Sensitive Skin. It cannot be the kind with helioplex(she broke out with that). It is a hard to find sunblock but I can usually find it at Target. It is a smaller bottle. I believe it is a 45 SPF.

I have been lurking on these boards for a bit, but I am actually a pregnant Diser...due around September 23rd. This is baby#3 for me so I don't know if I qualify as a "new" mom but I figured I would still say hi!!

As for IKEA, we drove to the Pittsburgh one from Cleveland last week...we love it there! My kids are always excited to visit Pittsburgh's children's museum on out trips. It is great!!

Yeah, I'm very fond of the IKEA in Pittsburgh!! We've made several trips there for things.

Thanks for the tip about the sunscreen. We don't have a Target so I might look tomorrow @ the one by IKEA. Thanks!

(Are you a member of the Moms-To-Be thread??)

Most of us have older kids (mine are much older-12 and 10), so yes you can qualify as a "new" mom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter