"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

We used this one, too. We got the one with the two receivers, so I had one downstairs and one upstairs in the bedroom.

We stopped using it a long time ago, though. It was really only ever used whenever he was getting up in the middle of the night and wanted food.
I love that it has the lights so that if we're watching a movie or something we SAW that he was up vs. having to keep the sound low enough that we'd hear him. We really liked it! I might actually haul it out to take to the beach with us since I'm not entirely sure yet where Lucas will be sleeping... :confused:

... I'm waiting on my mother's lunch break to end so I can take Lucas by her office. Opted to put his shoes on him today, figured he needed to get used to having them on while we're out and about. It's hilarious because he makes a TON of noise as he crawls back and forth through the house. Clomp, clomp, clomp... :rotfl2: I may leave them on him because it's giving the Shih-Tzu a warning that Lucas is coming up behind him.

Patsy.. thats too funny! :lmao: The twins have little sandals for WDW.. but they dont wear anything at home. Or ever really! We are getting to the point where they want to walk around while we are out, so I guess we should start letting them wear shoes. VInny has the biggest feet ever! He is so going to be an ace swimmer!:lmao:

I am trying to figure out how many diapers we are going to need.. and how many swim diapers. I think I have 9 swim diapers, that only gives us MAYBE 4 swim times with them. And we are spending a morning at Typhoon Lagoon.. SO we will need a few that day. I go through a case of diapers a week.. So I think we will take two, just in case. I would hate to not have enough. Gosh.. I cant believe we leave in 2 and a half weeks. We have been planning this trip for months now.

I've heard great things about the light up monitor.

On the subject of shoes...DH bought Lily a pair of Nike Lebron James hightops. :lmao They are so hard to get on her feet, so she'll probably only wear them once for pictures. We got them for $3 at Once Upon a Child. We went to a Cavs game on Sunday with 4 of our friends and DH actually brought them with us to show them off.

Speaking of DH, I put this on facebook, but I thought I would brag here too. I don't think he can laid off after this:
Force is Strong with Heritage Middle School

I am trying to figure out how many diapers we are going to need.. and how many swim diapers. I think I have 9 swim diapers, that only gives us MAYBE 4 swim times with them. And we are spending a morning at Typhoon Lagoon.. SO we will need a few that day. I go through a case of diapers a week.. So I think we will take two, just in case. I would hate to not have enough. Gosh.. I cant believe we leave in 2 and a half weeks. We have been planning this trip for months now.

I can't wait to hear all about it. Speaking of which I need to add an update to my PTR.

I've heard great things about the light up monitor.

On the subject of shoes...DH bought Lily a pair of Nike Lebron James hightops. :lmao They are so hard to get on her feet, so she'll probably only wear them once for pictures. We got them for $3 at Once Upon a Child. We went to a Cavs game on Sunday with 4 of our friends and DH actually brought them with us to show them off.

Speaking of DH, I put this on facebook, but I thought I would brag here too. I don't think he can laid off after this:
Force is Strong with Heritage Middle School
How neat!!!!

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor that doesn't have alot of that static hissing noise when it is on? The one I have now has such a bad static noise even when turned down and when it is turned down so that the static is bearable you can hardly hear the baby.
We decided on the Philips Avent DECT monitor. It does a great job.

Hi All! We had our 9 mo. ped visit yesterday. The twins are doing well. Katie is 17 lbs 6 oz & about 27" long/ tall. Dylan is 21 lbs 3 oz & about 27 1/4" long/ tall.

Katie is pulling up & while she knows how to crawl, she has no interest in crawling. She wants to walk, like NOW! :) Dylan has within the last 2 weeks started popping up on all fours, rather than just picking his head up while on his belly. He also just started getting PT through Early Intervention. Both me & his PT think there is nothing insurmountable going on, just delays from being 1) so big (his head is like 90th %!) 2) a whole month longer in the hospital than his sister 3) then 3 months at home on the apnea monitor -- basically dooing nothing but lying around w/ a tight strap around his chest. And 4) having torticolis. But he's been working on getting himself mobile, so I'm pretty sure that he'll get there.

Both babies are babbling like crazy. An while they do say DaDa, they only cry MaMa when they're really upset.:rolleyes1

I swear that Sarah is going to crawl before she can roll over.

Last night, she got close. She tucked one arm in tight and brought up both knees under her so all she needed to do is give a little kick as she leaned to the side and she would have rolled right over. Instead, she decided to chew on her 'tucked' hand.

Oh well.

I swear that Sarah is going to crawl before she can roll over.

Last night, she got close. She tucked one arm in tight and brought up both knees under her so all she needed to do is give a little kick as she leaned to the side and she would have rolled right over. Instead, she decided to chew on her 'tucked' hand.

Oh well.

Too cute. :thumbsup2

I thought the same thing about Lily, but she started rolling and still isn't crawling.

She still isn't crawling? Man. I'm jealous. I wish Lucas wasn't mobile. He is EVERYWHERE & into everything. I got the entire house cleaned yesterday (and I mean GOOD clean) and today there is crap everywhere again. *sigh*
I can't decide if we're just going to live with DVDs all over the floor or if I should just box up the ones on the bottom shelves for now...

I'm thinking we'll start spending more time upstairs, working on the nursery, because there is not much for him to get into up in the bedrooms! He mostly plays with the little mini bottles of baby lotion/shampoo/etc... go figure. Tons of toys and he plays with the travel bottles of toiletries.

She still isn't crawling? Man. I'm jealous. I wish Lucas wasn't mobile. He is EVERYWHERE & into everything. I got the entire house cleaned yesterday (and I mean GOOD clean) and today there is crap everywhere again. *sigh*
I can't decide if we're just going to live with DVDs all over the floor or if I should just box up the ones on the bottom shelves for now...

I'm thinking we'll start spending more time upstairs, working on the nursery, because there is not much for him to get into up in the bedrooms! He mostly plays with the little mini bottles of baby lotion/shampoo/etc... go figure. Tons of toys and he plays with the travel bottles of toiletries.

Wait until he starts walking. :scared1: I had forgotten how fast, and how into things toddlers are. THey were into everything and fast when they crawled.. But NOTHING like we have going on right now. :headache:I swear I am about to give up on cleaning.

Hi All! We had our 9 mo. ped visit yesterday. The twins are doing well. Katie is 17 lbs 6 oz & about 27" long/ tall. Dylan is 21 lbs 3 oz & about 27 1/4" long/ tall.

Katie is pulling up & while she knows how to crawl, she has no interest in crawling. She wants to walk, like NOW! :) Dylan has within the last 2 weeks started popping up on all fours, rather than just picking his head up while on his belly. He also just started getting PT through Early Intervention. Both me & his PT think there is nothing insurmountable going on, just delays from being 1) so big (his head is like 90th %!) 2) a whole month longer in the hospital than his sister 3) then 3 months at home on the apnea monitor -- basically dooing nothing but lying around w/ a tight strap around his chest. And 4) having torticolis. But he's been working on getting himself mobile, so I'm pretty sure that he'll get there.

Both babies are babbling like crazy. An while they do say DaDa, they only cry MaMa when they're really upset.:rolleyes1

Have they noticed each other yet? Mine didnt for a long time, and now they just fight. But sometimes they sit with each other.. and you can tell they are communicating with each other.. Playing and laughing. TOO CUTE! That great that they are getting so big!!

Jake started crawling full blown when he first turned 6mos. That wasnt FUN for long, and now hes 7 months, pulling up on everything (falling 10 times a day it seems), and trying to balance without hands and walk. Its crazy! The more mobile they get the less time you will have. He keeps me on my toes!

I'm hoping she won't be so clingy once she gets moving, so I'm sorta jealous of you! Though I know better, once they are mobile so much changes. At this point that really has to be a good thing for us.

She hasn't been as bad this week. This morning she wanted my dad and didn't bat an eye when I left.

I made dinner for the first time in a long time last night without DH watching Lily for me. She cried and was annoyed, but it felt good to get something like that done with her watching. Hopefully she'll get used to it since I joined WW and am all about making my own meals and no more eating out!

(And then a local business brought us a HUGE platter of AWESOME cookies today. :p)

Cathy and I intend to join WW. I'm not looking forward to it.

I can't believe how much some of your kiddos are growing!! :scared1: They just get so big SO fast!! It kind of makes me sad to think Emma won't "need" her mommy anymore (although the sweet part of that is she's pretty much sleeping through the night!).

That's great for you girls starting WW! A friend of mine did it before her wedding and lost 20+ lbs! I think I'm just gonna try and monitor what I eat, maybe with a food journal ("I ate how many calories today?!") and will hopefully lose another 10+ lbs before summer! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter