"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Yes I have seen alot of has changed already in the years since i had my first child. I have already held him... he lives with us on visiting status until all of our clearances and the homestudy get submitted to the courts. He has bonded with us already. He is a precious gift.
Has anyone got any ideas on if I should have a baby shower or not? I mean... I am starting over and all but I hate for people to think I am looking for a hand out...
What do you guys think?

Oh so cute... I found these ceramic love letter dishes for the baby shower or adoption shower (thats a good name for it huh?). I thought I could spell out the word 'baby' or better yet... I could spell his name "Evan" and fill them with mints or blue M&M's... any one like that idea?

Hi Guys ... can I join you? My 2nd DS, Ryan, will be a month on Monday! I suppose I could jump right in to complaining or venting but I won't.

27105_1412279070863_1349123169_1101050_1078105_n.jpg

burlgurl - congrats on the new little one!!
Patsy - Alex was a good sleeper after the first 6 weeks too. Not great as a toddler though! Ryan is up every 1.5 - 2 hours through the night and wants to be up for good at 6am. Hoping to turn some sort of corner in the next month bc it's really starting wear on me.

Natalie took her first steps on Friday. :cheer2: I was so neat, then she fell right on her bum. I don't even think she realized what she did. Anywho, she is 10 months today :woohoo:

Dmickey, join right in!!! We are all allowed to vent!!!

Burlzgurl, I am so excited for you!!! Yes, I think a shower would be appropriate...my youngest will be 7 when our next one arrives and my friends and mother have been hinting that another shower (called a sprinkle I think!!) is in my future!!

I forgot to look at the dishes...will do it now!!

Yes I have seen alot of has changed already in the years since i had my first child. I have already held him... he lives with us on visiting status until all of our clearances and the homestudy get submitted to the courts. He has bonded with us already. He is a precious gift.
Has anyone got any ideas on if I should have a baby shower or not? I mean... I am starting over and all but I hate for people to think I am looking for a hand out...
What do you guys think?

I don't see why not! I had one for Katie. My other kids are 12 and 10, so we started from scratch with her. It was just a small shower with my family and friends. My in-laws said they were going to give one, too, but never did, and never gave her anything. But that is another story all together:rolleyes1.

I stayed up until 3:20 this morning, but I finished all this week's assignments for school. I am 5 assignments away from my masters, and getting my life back!:cool1:

And I just emailed invitations to Katie's 1st birthday party. I just can't believe she is almost a year old. We are having it on May 9, which is Mother's Day. Dh's schedule is so booked right now that is was really our only good option.

What do you guys think?

I think you should have a shower - why not? Your older children are way older and you need just as many things as a first time mom.

However, in my family they like to have showers for every baby - be it #1 or #3. . . so maybe I am not the best person to ask on baby shower etiquette!

Elliott has slept through the night 4 nights in a row now! Woohoo!! Last night was actually his worst day. Went down about 9 and was up about 5 or so, but I will take it! And it looks like we have finally had a break from a growth spurt. For the longest time, it seemed like his growth spurts would just run one right into the next. Right now he is eating 6 ounces at a time, 5 bottles a day. And boy is he just a happy, smiling little guy!

I have $9.00 in Enfamil formula gift check coupons.

(2) $3.00 coupons expire June 30th
(1) $2.00 coupon expire June 30th
(1) $1.00 coupon expire April 30th

These are still avaliable. No one has wanted to trade me for them.

If they havent been taken I would LOVE them. Jake is on nutramigen and its so expensive!

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend! And welcome to the newbies!! :welcome:
Emma started sleeping through the night (more or less) when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old. We have the occassional night time requests for food, but for the most part she's a decent sleeper. I heard that most babies will go through a growth spurt between 3 and 4 months and will usually wake up to eat. Hopefully she can make it til summer cause the bags under my eyes are bad enough.
Those stories were so sad! :sad: I couldn't stop crying for 10 minutes when I read about the baby in the tub! How awful! And the other story about the mom with Alzheimer's was so sad! It really makes you grateful for the things you have!
We had an eventful weekend. Since we're hoping to put our house on the market, DH and I decided to fix some minor glitches around, one of them to replace the caulk in our shower (that's never been done since we've lived there). Long story short, I walked into the bathroom only to find most of the tile along with sheet rock and insulation in the tub. Everything was completely rotted! :scared1: So we're down a shower in our house at the moment and will hopefully get it fixed by this weekend. Geez, owning a house sure is fun... :mad:
Hope you all have a great Monday!

I have $9.00 in Enfamil formula gift check coupons.

(2) $3.00 coupons expire June 30th
(1) $2.00 coupon expire June 30th
(1) $1.00 coupon expire April 30th

These are still avaliable. No one has wanted to trade me for them.

What do you want in trade for them? Ive never traded for formula checks before.

I haven't gotten any checks in about 2 months...I wonder if after a while they stop sending them after a while? We are supplimenting with Similac if anyone has any of these that they aren't using.

I even saw a Luvs coupon in the paper last week! I NEVER see Luvs coupons! That was the best! I had to buy another paper just for that coupon...well for the other coupons too. It's worth it!

How's everyone doing? I'm going stir crazy. The weather is that "in between" here where it's too cold to go out unless you bundle up and windy most days. I really want to get outside and mow; and give Alex some of that sun! And I'm planning his 1st birthday.... :teeth:

Katie crawling did NOT help with clingyness. She crawls 90 miles an hour straight to me, then pulls up on my legs. Maybe you'll have better luck. I've been waiting for her to walk for a month. She "walks" everywhere holding on to us, the walls, whatever, but won't let go!

lol I can see that here totally. Lily's been a LOT less clingy this weekend, she still gets mad if I leave the room, but I don't have to hold her all the time. She is super close to crawling.

What do you guys think?

I say go for it. If anyone doesn't like it, they don't have to come.

Hi Guys ... can I join you? My 2nd DS, Ryan, will be a month on Monday! I suppose I could jump right in to complaining or venting but I won't.

He's gorgeous! Congrats! Vent if you need to, we totally understand.

Natalie took her first steps on Friday. :cheer2: I was so neat, then she fell right on her bum. I don't even think she realized what she did. Anywho, she is 10 months today :woohoo:

:cool1::cool1::cool1: Yay!

We had an eventful weekend. Since we're hoping to put our house on the market, DH and I decided to fix some minor glitches around, one of them to replace the caulk in our shower (that's never been done since we've lived there). Long story short, I walked into the bathroom only to find most of the tile along with sheet rock and insulation in the tub. Everything was completely rotted! :scared1: So we're down a shower in our house at the moment and will hopefully get it fixed by this weekend. Geez, owning a house sure is fun... :mad:
Hope you all have a great Monday!

Ugh...what a :headache: :hug:

I even saw a Luvs coupon in the paper last week! I NEVER see Luvs coupons! That was the best! I had to buy another paper just for that coupon...well for the other coupons too. It's worth it!

So who was offering the Luvs coupon?

I haven't gotten any checks in about 2 months...I wonder if after a while they stop sending them after a while? We are supplimenting with Similac if anyone has any of these that they aren't using.

How's everyone doing? I'm going stir crazy. The weather is that "in between" here where it's too cold to go out unless you bundle up and windy most days. I really want to get outside and mow; and give Alex some of that sun! And I'm planning his 1st birthday.... :teeth:

I stopped getting checks too, which I thought was weird. You think they would send them for the first year.

The Luvs coupon was a manufacturers coupon. Did you sign up on their website? It's been a while since they sent me a coupon too.

Chanon- If i see a luvs coupon I buy them., They work great on Jake. Usually they are $2 off!!

I need to look and see if i have any formula checks. If i do you can have them. Ill look tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter