"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

I haven't gotten any checks in about 2 months...I wonder if after a while they stop sending them after a while? We are supplimenting with Similac if anyone has any of these that they aren't using.

It was so weird that I even got any!:confused3 Although we are on formula now...but the kind that doesn't give you coupons!:lmao::scared1:

Glad I could help someone out!

We had an eventful weekend. Since we're hoping to put our house on the market, DH and I decided to fix some minor glitches around, one of them to replace the caulk in our shower (that's never been done since we've lived there). Long story short, I walked into the bathroom only to find most of the tile along with sheet rock and insulation in the tub. Everything was completely rotted! :scared1: So we're down a shower in our house at the moment and will hopefully get it fixed by this weekend. Geez, owning a house sure is fun... :mad:
Hope you all have a great Monday!

Oh my goodness, we decided to do the same thing this weekend!!! :scared1: Sorry about the issue. Things are never simple are they?!

I haven't gotten any checks in about 2 months...I wonder if after a while they stop sending them after a while? We are supplimenting with Similac if anyone has any of these that they aren't using.

I even saw a Luvs coupon in the paper last week! I NEVER see Luvs coupons! That was the best! I had to buy another paper just for that coupon...well for the other coupons too. It's worth it!

How's everyone doing? I'm going stir crazy. The weather is that "in between" here where it's too cold to go out unless you bundle up and windy most days. I really want to get outside and mow; and give Alex some of that sun! And I'm planning his 1st birthday.... :teeth:

Definitely sign up on the Luvs site!! I got 2 $2.50 ones not too long ago. They're in my wallet but I honestly rarely buy them, I can get Huggies/Pampers cheaper at CVS/Rite Aid. They expire in July, though, so maybe I'll use them.

Same here on the weather. I think we're close enough that we tend to have similar weather, though. It keeps getting warm, then chilly, then freezing at night... so frustrating!

Man, we're quiet around here...where's Patsy? :teeth:

I was thinking and wondering the same thing. :goodvibes

I am so the chatterbug, huh? :rotfl:

Well, during our trip to Lowe's to buy caulk for the downstairs shower DH goes "Let's take a look at the kitchens."
We're redoing our kitchen now. :lmao: Cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc... the whole shibang. :scared1: We already bought a new dishwasher and fridge when we bough the house but DH is contemplating replacing the stove so it all matches (stainless steel)... I don't know what got into him. :confused3
We ended up coming home on Sunday, measuring and going back to get an idea on pricing. Came home last night, discussed it, went to 2 other places in town to price it out tonight and went back to Lowe's tonight to schedule the detail for the guy to come make official measurements to order the cabinets. I can't believe how crazy and quick this is all happening!! We hope to get them ordered before we leave for vacation (May 7th)...
We always thought it would be crazy expensive but they're doing a rebate back depending on how much you spend, giving DH his 10% for military service, and letting us combine it with another 10% off coupon. Plus, the countertop we chose comes with a free sink that they install as part of the deal. We called the contractor who did our laundry room to see if they'd be interested in coming to replace the floor, too... so hopefully we'll know that soon.

So yeah, we've been busy. We had a great weekend and now the kitchen remodel is consuming us. I did go shopping with a friend today while DH was at work... bought the rest of the stuff I need for the birthday party that I can't believe is flying up... the letters to put Owen's name above his crib (and the paint to paint them)...

Lots of exciting, but time consuming, things happening in this house! :upsidedow

Oooh, I love home improvement!! We are putting a new deck on our house right now. Our old deck was scary and probably not up to code, so we figured there is no time like the present, since DH is on a three week layoff from work. Hopefully we are going to put our house on the market soon. I just hate that it is hard to find a 4 bedroom house that I like, in a nice neighborhood, that I can actually afford!

Oh my goodness, we decided to do the same thing this weekend!!! :scared1: Sorry about the issue. Things are never simple are they?!

Definitely sign up on the Luvs site!! I got 2 $2.50 ones not too long ago. They're in my wallet but I honestly rarely buy them, I can get Huggies/Pampers cheaper at CVS/Rite Aid. They expire in July, though, so maybe I'll use them.

Same here on the weather. I think we're close enough that we tend to have similar weather, though. It keeps getting warm, then chilly, then freezing at night... so frustrating!

I am so the chatterbug, huh? :rotfl:

Well, during our trip to Lowe's to buy caulk for the downstairs shower DH goes "Let's take a look at the kitchens."
We're redoing our kitchen now. :lmao: Cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc... the whole shibang. :scared1: We already bought a new dishwasher and fridge when we bough the house but DH is contemplating replacing the stove so it all matches (stainless steel)... I don't know what got into him. :confused3
We ended up coming home on Sunday, measuring and going back to get an idea on pricing. Came home last night, discussed it, went to 2 other places in town to price it out tonight and went back to Lowe's tonight to schedule the detail for the guy to come make official measurements to order the cabinets. I can't believe how crazy and quick this is all happening!! We hope to get them ordered before we leave for vacation (May 7th)...
We always thought it would be crazy expensive but they're doing a rebate back depending on how much you spend, giving DH his 10% for military service, and letting us combine it with another 10% off coupon. Plus, the countertop we chose comes with a free sink that they install as part of the deal. We called the contractor who did our laundry room to see if they'd be interested in coming to replace the floor, too... so hopefully we'll know that soon.

So yeah, we've been busy. We had a great weekend and now the kitchen remodel is consuming us. I did go shopping with a friend today while DH was at work... bought the rest of the stuff I need for the birthday party that I can't believe is flying up... the letters to put Owen's name above his crib (and the paint to paint them)...

Lots of exciting, but time consuming, things happening in this house! :upsidedow

Aren't you on WIC? How are you able to afford home improvements if you need assistance from WIC?

We are doing a lot around our house too right now because we will most likely be moving pretty soon. The thing is, my DH is out of town so I am having to do it all right now. He will be gone all summer unless he is selected for a job that he just put in for. It's with the same agency.

If this had happened last year, I would have been thrilled, but I am so torn right now. Lauren, our DD, will be a senior in high school & does not want to leave this year. My other DD, Lindsey, has been training for years to make cheerleader at the middle school, the first time you have to "tryout" here, and she made it. I am sinking money into that every week, cheer camp is coming up and it's just so darn exciting for both of us. The thought of doing all of this, and pulling her out before the games begin are just breaking my heart. She is going to be devastated. :sad1: The only good thing would be if she could cheer for a little while, move to the new school & be there for cheer tryouts for the next year. Stress.... stress...:laughing:

On the other hand, we really want to move and it would be a great promotion for my husband. We could build a new house and live in a fantastic area, compared to where we are now. It is going to be hard to sell our house though. This little town is falling apart due to a huge business that is closing in stages. I feel so sorry for those people. His company will buy our house if we don't sell it, so we are good there, if the give us what we need. The housing market is so slow here. :sad2:

I just have to remenber that God has a plan for us and whatever happens, happens for a reason. That is true no matter what is going on.

Man all this moving and home improvement talk! I want to move now! I'm tempted to push the issue with DH if they extend the Home Buyers credit through the summer. But we're really trying to save 20% so we can avoid PMI. We're 3/5th of the way there. ;) It would probably help if we didn't take 3 trips to WDW in the next year though! lol

Would the tax credit get you out of PMI if you applied it back towards the principle?

You generally need PMI if you owe more than 80%, right? I don't know the specifics, other than it's pricey stuff.

I leave in a week and a half!! Anyone have any good ideas on keeping the twins happy on a six and half hour flight?? We have a layover in Chicago after 4 hours.. Then its another 2 and a half hours on to Orlando. We plan on buying food once we get to Chicago, and not letting them eat until we get on the plane.. So that will take up some of that flight. My husband is so dreading this flight with the twins. I dont know what we are going to do with them. We have to be in the car at 5am, drive to my moms house to pick her up.. Then go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 10:30. We dont land in Orlando until 9:30 PM. It is going to be a LONG day of traveling for us. I feel sorry for anyone on the plane with us!:scared1:

I leave in a week and a half!! Anyone have any good ideas on keeping the twins happy on a six and half hour flight?? We have a layover in Chicago after 4 hours.. Then its another 2 and a half hours on to Orlando. We plan on buying food once we get to Chicago, and not letting them eat until we get on the plane.. So that will take up some of that flight. My husband is so dreading this flight with the twins. I dont know what we are going to do with them. We have to be in the car at 5am, drive to my moms house to pick her up.. Then go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 10:30. We dont land in Orlando until 9:30 PM. It is going to be a LONG day of traveling for us. I feel sorry for anyone on the plane with us!:scared1:

:cool1: You will have a blast! How about headphones for the twins? Dylan loved to put them in his ears and listen...even at an early age. I always packed a whole bunch of little things and pulled them out at intervals. I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!:goodvibes

:cool1: You will have a blast! How about headphones for the twins? Dylan loved to put them in his ears and listen...even at an early age. I always packed a whole bunch of little things and pulled them out at intervals. I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!:goodvibes

I will totally try that! I am off to the dollar store soon.. to get coloring books and such for the biggers, so I will pick up a few pairs of head phones while we are there. Alex needs a pair for his DS anyways.. I bought him an awesome pair of skull candy ones a while ago.. and he BROKE them. GRRRR!! KIDS! He is looking forward to the unlimited time playing video games on the plane ride. Hopefully I can get him to put it down for a bit. He is reading Harry Potter now.. and LOVING them. I am so proud of the kid. We got his report card yesterday, and it was all outstandings!!:love: He is only in the second grade, and tearing through those Harry potter books. He is on the third one.

Would the tax credit get you out of PMI if you applied it back towards the principle?

You generally need PMI if you owe more than 80%, right? I don't know the specifics, other than it's pricey stuff.

No, we'd still be a little short. I hope housing continues to suck and they extend it till next year, because we should be ready by then. lol Just kidding...I have no idea how it would play really at this point, it would all depend on what we could get for our current house.

Right PMI is if you don't put 20% down.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: I depending on you to figure everything out, so I'll have a great trip in August! :thumbsup2

You can also avoid PMI insurance by having two loans. Do one loan for 80% and another for 20%.

You can also avoid PMI insurance by having two loans. Do one loan for 80% and another for 20%.

Really? Huh, I'll have to look into that. The primary loan would be normal, but we could pay the smaller one much faster. I've never heard of that!

Really? Huh, I'll have to look into that. The primary loan would be normal, but we could pay the smaller one much faster. I've never heard of that!

I think..but don't quote me..that the first loan is usually at the regular APR and the second is slightly higher. I would think it would be an easier pill to swallow paying that monthly amount to your mortgage than to PMI!;)

Luckily, we have a VA Loan thanks to my husband who served our country in the military! Sometimes I don't think there are enough benefits for those who served our country during the war! The things they see and have to do can be really hard on them. Most people don't get that though. :sad2:

I think..but don't quote me..that the first loan is usually at the regular APR and the second is slightly higher. I would think it would be an easier pill to swallow paying that monthly amount to your mortgage than to PMI!;)

Luckily, we have a VA Loan thanks to my husband who served our country in the military! Sometimes I don't think there are enough benefits for those who served our country during the war! The things they see and have to do can be really hard on them. Most people don't get that though. :sad2:

That is very interesting!

I agree with you about benefits to our armed forces! They definitely deserve more!

I just rented points for December! We're staying at BWV!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

That is very interesting!

I agree with you about benefits to our armed forces! They definitely deserve more!

My step-brother was serving in the Middle East during the first issues over there and has physical problems and some PTSD. He's had a lot of problems, especially physically, but luckily his wife was there to support him through it all. Now he is a Captain with the police department and is doing much better!

ETA: I forgot to say that I wish people like him who deserve it, got more benefits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter