Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

richard3330

Cirque Fan
<font size=8><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=blue>Newport Bay Club</font></font></marquee>
<font size=5><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=blue>*3 stars+* *Mid-Range*</font></font></marquee>

f4882813.jpg

f48822b7.jpg

SEE AN EXCELLENT *VIDEO* TOUR OF THE NEWPORT BAY CLUB EXTERIOR BY CLICKING HERE

<font size=2>Disney’s Newport Bay Club is an elegant, nautically themed and wonderfully located Disneyland Paris hotel backing Lake Disney. Decorated in the style of turn-of-the-century New England this resort gives the feeling of being in a yacht club with an elegant and relaxing ambience. The Hotel has about 1,083 rooms making it the largest hotel in Europe. Newport Bay Club is about a 10-15 minute walk from the two theme parks. For concierge type services, there is ‘The Admirals Floor’ which is on selected floors of the hotel. Many people descirbe Newport Bay Club as a Disneyland Paris version of The Yacht/Beach Club, and as you can see from the photos - it looks very similair. The only negative point is the fact that with over 1,000 rooms it can get extremely busy and the lobby can get completely full of people, especially during 2-4pm when people begin to check-in.

TIP - it is better (if you can) to arrive early, drop your bags at the baggage desk and then go on into one of the parks and come back later on (after 5pm) to check-in ~ when it has calmed down a bit.</font>

SEE 360 DEGREE TOURS OF THE NEWPORT BAY CLUB HOTEL BY CLICKING HERE

f4882816.jpg

<font size=5><font color=green>The hotel has the following facilities:</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Indoor & Outdoor Swimming Pool Complex*</font></font>
<font size=2> IMHO The Nantucket Indoor Swimming Pool (which is also linked to a large outside pool) is the best in Disneyland Paris. The Indoor Pool has a large themed ship and the large outdoor pool (the biggest at Disneyland Paris) is great in the summer. The swimming pool also a health club with a jacuzzi, gymnasium, sauna and steam room.</font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Free Car Parking*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Free shuttle bus to The Disney Theme Parks*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Concierge*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Currency Exchange & ATM*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Children’s Corner*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Video Games Room*</font></font>
<font size=2> Situated near the Nantucket swimming pool with a variety of games machines.</font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*The Bay Boutique*</font></font>
<font size=2>In my opinion, the best Disneyland Paris hotel shop. The Bay Boutique is large a well-stocked offering a range of Disney merchandise.</font>

f480b750.jpg

<font size=2><font color=blue>*The Yacht Club Restaurant*</font></font>
<font size=2>Gourmet specialities including Sea Food, set in a very elegant atmosphere. See the menu here </font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Cape Cod Restaurant*</font></font>
<font size=2>Slightly cheaper cuisine, offering Mediterranean and European dishes in a relaxed marine setting atmosphere. See the menu here </font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Fisherman’s Wharf Bar*</font></font>
<font size=2>With a view over Lake Disney, this bar provides the best place to enjoy a drink inside the lobby.</font>

<font size=2><font color=blue>*Captains Quarters Bar*</font></font>
<font size=2>Serving delicious cocktails in the luxurious atmosphere of a piano bar.</font>

f4882814.jpg

Guest Rooms

f4882818.jpg

<font size=2>The guest rooms at Newport Bay Club are spacious and nicely decorated with nautical whites and blues and possibly a balcony. A lot of the rooms also have a magnificent view over Lake Disney towards Hotel New York in the distance.</font>

360 DEGREE VIEWS OF STANDARD NEWPORT BAY CLUB GUESTROOMS CAN BE SEEN HERE

<font size=5><font color=green>Facilities Include:</font>

•One or Two Double Beds
•Television with international channels including the Disney Channel
•Telephone
•Air-Conditioning
•Mini Bar
•Bathroom
•Safe
•Radio
•Balcony (select rooms only)

<font size=2>Standard rooms usually overlook the manicured front lawns or gardens and Lake-View rooms are available for a supplement. During off-peak times it may be possible to ask at reception for a Lake View room and (if one is available) they may upgrade you free-of-charge. Honeymoon Suites and Resort Suites are also available for a supplement.</font>

f4882815.jpg

Breakfast

<font size=2>All Newport Bay Club packages include breakfast. It is taken at one of the two Newport Bay Club restaurants, although you may have the opportunity to make use of the ‘Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast’ which allows you to enter The Disneyland Park early and enjoy your breakfast in one of the parks restaurant. Character Breakfasts are also available (usually for a supplement (depends on your tour operator)) and are taken at a Cafe Mickey in Disney Village. Be sure to make a reservation in advance. The breakfast is buffet style and comprises of cold meats, bread rolls, croissants, cereal, fresh juices etc. Hot food is available for a supplement. Make sure you book breakfast times with the concierge as soon as you arrive as the queues can get very long during the more peak times - you allocated a time slot for breakfast each morning.

Admiral's Floor
The Admirals Floor has rooms on select floors of the hotel with extra services. These include a private reception desk, 24 hour room service, breakfast served in your room (supplement) and porters. Have a look here for some more information.

Newport Bay Club has suites available for a supplement:

The Honeymoon Suites are located in a separated tower of the hotel. Each suite has a living area, king-size bed and a balcony overlooking the lake.

Your room will be ready at 3pm on the day of arrival, but if you arrive earlier then you can drop off your luggage at the baggage desk and collect your park passes for entry in to the park. An optional Newport Bay Club Hotel Charge Card is available, which allows you to charge gifts, meals, etc. all to your room account. The Newport Bay Club identity card gives you access to the hotels swimming pool. On the day of departure your room should be vacated at 11am.</font>

<font size=4><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=blue>
If you have any questions or comments regarding Newport Bay Club, then please post them here :)

If I have missed anything out or you wish to add something please do…....:)</font></marquee>

....... another excellent thread Richard - thank you :) !

Wonderful stuff again, Richard. This does a great job of really 'selling' the resort. Thanks.

At Walt Disney World Hotels in Florida they will let you deposit your luggage at the hotel and go into the park if you "check in" in the morning. They process all of your "paperwork" and advise you to come back around the 3 PM Check in time to pick up your room keys.

Do they follow the same procedure at Newport Bay?

Hi, Cdavishb

Yes, they follow the same procedure in all of the Disneyland Paris resort hotels.

It is a good idea to come back to the resort when the park closes, as at 3-4pm it can get extremely busy with people checking in.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

HTH

Richard. :)

Richard,

Thank you for your reply. I am traveling to DLP from the USA with my wife and 2 children. Have you seen the pool at Newport Bay?We will be traveling in Mid June for 5 days. We plan to split our time between DLP and Paris sites such as Notre Dame, Tour Eiffel, and others. Any information or tips about eating would also be appreciated.
'

The pool at Newport Bay Club is IMHO the best within the whole of Disneyland Paris.

There is a large outside section (which may be open during your stay if the weather is suitable) and also a lovely indoor pool and bridge with a ship feature. It is great :) .

For eating at Newport Bay Club there is Cape Cod & Yacht club both of which serve good food.

If you have any specific questions re: food please ask.

HTH

hello, hope you can help. I have spent this pm reading SV's book, which has provided lots of great info as I'm going with my family to this hotel for the May half term. As we were foolish enough to have a 3rd child, we are having to shell out around £80 per night for the priviledge of having a room to fit us all. I think we're going to be on the Admiral's floor.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me have any tips about staying there. Also, as I find getting everyone up and out so stressful, I'm wondering if it would just be easier to have breakfast brought to our room. Anyone have any views on this? Or should I just tell my husband to stop acting like a teenager and just get up at a reasonable time?

What is the standard breakfast like anyway? Is it just pastries and coffee?

Many thanks

Hi Syl, Welcome to The DIS! :wave: ,

If you are staying on the Admirals Floor then breakfast can be arranged and delivered to your room. We found this much easier than going to the restaurant to eat.

The standard breakfast is very nice, but..... very busy!

Make sure you book your breakfast times with the concierge upon arrival at the hotel. The breakfast includes fresh juices, tea/coffee, cereals, cold meats, rolls/bread etc. and for extra you can upgrade to a full cooked breakfast.

Make sure that you check-in early in the day (if you can). You can then leave your bags there and hit the parks, so you miss the mad rush at 3-4pm. Then, after a day in one of the parks you can return to a much quieter hotel and get the key to your room.

Have a brilliant trip!

Thank you very much for the information - no doubt I'll think of something else, as I'm one of those tedious people who insist on having a detailed knowledge of a destination before getting there. Perhaps that's why we get so much out of our holidays!!!

Promise I'll come back with a full report!

regards.

I am planning a trip for the summer of 2004 with my DD. We plan to go to Paris & DLP. I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay in Paris or make DLP our base. Does the concierge offer tours of Paris & France for its guest?

Thank you!
Geri

They can organise a coach trip into paris! it leaves from hotel New York at approx 11am and it will take in all the sight of paris, u will get to go to the first floor of eifel tower, it includes a boat trip along the seine and u get an hour and a half to have lunch and to explore... its very well organised and definately a good way to see paris!

The other thing they can do for u is the illumnations tour of paris which leaves from again the New York at about 6pm and takes u round all the sights u dont leave the coach on this one but it does have a good comentry!

We're Back! Thanks to Rob and everyone who gave advice - it all helped towrds a fabulous trip. The NBC is a lovely hotel, but the facilities are not enough to cope with all the people staying there!
Luckily we were on the Admirals Floor, in one of the rooms that fits 6 people, so we have our breakfast delivered to us. This am, I came down especially early for a last sortie with my children to be faced with a flood of people heading to the Convention Center for their breakfast as the 2 hotel restaurants could not cope with the flow of people at 8.30 am !
On our first night, I booked mid pm for a table in the hotel for dinner to be told it was fully booked. However, the bookings staff directed us towards the Sequoia, where we had a meal in the Hunters Lodge. From then on, dinner was booked 24 hours in advance, I can tell you !
In all, the staff were wonderful - full of useful suggestions and nothing was too much trouble. It did seem to me however that being organised, reading Simon's book from cover to cover several times, AND SPEAKING FRENCH really helped too......

Will report on other findings - must get all that washing done first....

regards

Hello Richard,
thanks for this wonderful post. I have booked a staying with my parents at the New Port Bay Club from July 31 to August 3.
I'm still thinking about to go to the Admirals Floor...
How much do they charge you if you want to eat your Breakfast on your room? Do you know that?
Thanks,
Angie

Hello, I know you've addressed your query to Richard, but perhaps I can helpre breakfast charge.
When we were on the admirals floor at the end of May there was a charge of 8 euros per room for up to 5 people. So, if you're in 2 rooms, all gather together in one room for breakfast!
It is worth every centime to avoid the awful scrum for breakfast.
They do suggest avoiding the 8-9.30am rush hour for delivery - they deliver in half hour slots - we found that 7.30 was fine.
The 8 euros is payable up front every morning on delivery.
To avoid long queues on departure, pay for everything up front so you can just dump your key in the box and escape!

Hope this helps - enjoy your visit.

Hello Syl, sure your answer helped me a lot.
I guess I will upgrade my reservation to the Admirals Floor. ;)
Just another question... What is the Breakfast like? The same as they offer in the Restaurants or different?
If it is the same as in the restaurants... is it the same like offerd at the Seauioa Lodge??? Or is it different???

Well, I can only tell you about the NBC room service breakfast as we didn't breakfast elsewhere and it was our first visit!

There were lots of choices on the menu regarding drinks, pastries, etc, although the only cereal was cornflakes! Certainly there's enough stuff to eat!

In a basket of pastries you get 2 bread rolls and 2 small criossants and pains au chocolat. Enough for 2 people, I think, unless you want to stock up for the day.

The menus need to be put outside by 2am the night before.

I think there was an option to have a cooked breakfast for an extra charge.

Oh, make sure you ask the concierge for enough menus to cover your stay -- apart from the first menu, which we found in our room, we did not receive any others. Luckily the concirege had some under the counter !

Another advantage of staying on the Admirals floor is that you're entitled to free towels at the swimming pool on presentation of your hotel ID card - this will save lots of space in your suitcase!

Also, on arrival, there is a special check in desk for the admirals floor which is great as the lobby resembles a very busy departure lounge at all hours !
As soon as you check in, join the queue for the concierge to get those room breakfast menus and book the first evening's meal as the restaurants cannot cope with the number of people staying at the hotel. The hotel has over 1000 rooms, which means around 4000 people staying there at any time! Loads of pushchairs everywhere, so watch your step.

You could order all your meals through room service if you want - not just breakfast. The menu looked very varied.

Hope this all helps
regards

We stayed at NBC at Easter 2003 and had the Admirals Floor. We had a lake view room and got a balcony right in the middle of the hotel. It was excellent.

On the breakfast side of things, we were given a letter to show at the Captain's Quarter each mornig of our stay and had our breakfast there each day. It was lovely.

I do like the NBC of all the DLP hotels...we moved to the Disneyland Hotel for the last couple of nights of our stay and I felt the hotel appeared grubby, the staff not as helpful as at NBC and that swimming pool!!! (Should be called aswimming puddle)

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts