NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Just got off the Dream Friday morning. The guy at the Vacation Planning center said the new cruises would be announced “next month”.I was hoping They would be announced while we were cruising!

Someone must set meetings that they all/most attend with New itinerary’s and dates. So if the staff is short handed and wait times are longer for a few days then the dates are close right? So we need to look for those times. But the travel agents know in advance right?

Someone must set meetings that they all/most attend with New itinerary’s and dates. So if the staff is short handed and wait times are longer for a few days then the dates are close right? So we need to look for those times. But the travel agents know in advance right?

Travel Agents find out first, but generally within minutes it shows up here, too - there are lots of agents on here. ;)

I've heard people say the big ships can't port in Alaska, but NCL is launching a new ship in Alaska that's huge, and it actually has a go cart track on the top of it. It looks like such a fun ship it makes me want to go back to Alaska. NCl, and Royal have huge ships in Europe and the Caribbean so I don't think ship size is an issue.
As far as securing ports...who knows.

I just googled that ship and it looks awesome, so I priced it out. Looks like $13k for 2 connecting mini suites with verandahs OR $22k for a 2 bedroom Haven thing.
Will be interesting to compare the 2 connecting minis on NCL to DCL 2 verandahs. I already figure I'm going to need to do one verandah and one inside on DCL. Really hoping not to end up with 2 OVs. Guess we will see how much I love the mouse soon enough.

I just googled that ship and it looks awesome, so I priced it out. Looks like $13k for 2 connecting mini suites with verandahs OR $22k for a 2 bedroom Haven thing.
Will be interesting to compare the 2 connecting minis on NCL to DCL 2 verandahs. I already figure I'm going to need to do one verandah and one inside on DCL. Really hoping not to end up with 2 OVs. Guess we will see how much I love the mouse soon enough.
Good luck. I took my son to Alaska in Sept last year on DCL. Inside room 3k. I really didn't need a verandah. I don't know a lot of people think it's a must for Alaska, but I get bored sitting in the room. If I hang out in the room at all I'm usually catching up on the news or getting ready for dinner. It's also waaaay to cold to sit on a verandah. I spent a lot of time on deck 3 sitting in a window reading. On the glacier day I was all over the ship deck 9, 10 and 4 taking pictures. After the 3rd day the scenery all looked alike. That's my 2 cents. People that pay the extra thousands for a balcony say it's totally worth it... so I don't know. but I wouldn't.

We've done it both ways... inside on DCL and a verandah on RCCL. We booked a verandah as my FIL had numerous health issues so we thought it would be best to set him up there where we could all relax and chat plus move him inside as needed and not feel like we were missing out on anything. He and my MIL were going to be in the inside across the hall since it was cheaper... Sadly he passed before our trip, but we kept the staterooms and it was nice having our own quiet space too. On DCL we were up and running about the ship most of the time also but we would still retreat inside where it was warmer. I technically saw more I guess with a verandah since I could always peek out the window easily versus having to grab a coat and go to a deck. They're both fine options though IMO.

We've done it both ways... inside on DCL and a verandah on RCCL. We booked a verandah as my FIL had numerous health issues so we thought it would be best to set him up there where we could all relax and chat plus move him inside as needed and not feel like we were missing out on anything. He and my MIL were going to be in the inside across the hall since it was cheaper... Sadly he passed before our trip, but we kept the staterooms and it was nice having our own quiet space too. On DCL we were up and running about the ship most of the time also but we would still retreat inside where it was warmer. I technically saw more I guess with a verandah since I could always peek out the window easily versus having to grab a coat and go to a deck. They're both fine options though IMO.
I think after Iceland, Scotland and Norway I was a little underwhelmed by the Alaskan scenery. I've also driven all over Wyoming, Montana and Idaho which is breathtaking. The drive from Seattle to Vancouver was amazing, and both beautiful cities. The excursions were great. We had a blast. I would go back just for the excursions. If it came down to a balcony or dog sledding on a glacier I'd go for the later.

Good luck. I took my son to Alaska in Sept last year on DCL. Inside room 3k. I really didn't need a verandah. I don't know a lot of people think it's a must for Alaska, but I get bored sitting in the room. If I hang out in the room at all I'm usually catching up on the news or getting ready for dinner. It's also waaaay to cold to sit on a verandah. I spent a lot of time on deck 3 sitting in a window reading. On the glacier day I was all over the ship deck 9, 10 and 4 taking pictures. After the 3rd day the scenery all looked alike. That's my 2 cents. People that pay the extra thousands for a balcony say it's totally worth it... so I don't know. but I wouldn't.

Thanks for the perspective! We have a young one that still naps so I could miss out on a lot of scenery during that time without one. Something to consider though!

Thanks for the perspective! We have a young one that still naps so I could miss out on a lot of scenery during that time without one. Something to consider though!

We saw so much on our Alaska cruise with the verandah. At one point, my son was sitting on the bed and spotted something in the water. We all ran out onto the balcony and watched a pod of orcas having a grand time. They were breaching over and over again. I was a highlight of our cruise and just happened to occur when we were in the stateroom. On Tracy Arm day, it was rainy. We were up on deck for a while, but we enjoyed going down to the covered balcony after a while. I wouldn't cruise Alaska again - or any scenic itinerary - without a balcony. I had initially booked a porthole room but was able to upgrade at the port. So glad we did!

I saw someone on here said that they normally announce on a Thursday? I know it opens to platinum first, then gold, then silver, right? I remember last time it opened I was on hold, while at work, so I know it was a week day and we are silver.

I saw someone on here said that they normally announce on a Thursday? I know it opens to platinum first, then gold, then silver, right? I remember last time it opened I was on hold, while at work, so I know it was a week day and we are silver.

Yes the last couple of releases have worked that way. Announcement on a Thursday then the next week Platinum can book Monday (by phone), Gold Tuesday (by phone), Silver Wednesday (by phone) everyone on Thursday (phone or online).

Just checked my calendar and I called on a Wednesday
Yes the last couple of releases have worked that way. Announcement on a Thursday then the next week Platinum can book Monday (by phone), Gold Tuesday (by phone), Silver Wednesday (by phone) everyone on Thursday (phone or online).

Oh, so they announce it the Thursday, of the week BEFORE anyone can actually book... Got it!

At the beginning of the thread I have a post where I collected all the historical announcement days and if you just look at the summer release dates, most of them were later than February:

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

It was only last year that they released them so early. Before 2015 there was a different release schedule, so those older dates are not that helpful.

so basically, on a thursday they release the dates and the next monday platinum can call to book then tuesday is gold, wednesday is silver, and all others can book online or call on the next thursday.

But...all these dates posted by Flossbolna are all on Tuesdays...

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

Why is the assumption that it will be released on a Thursday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter