NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

OMG. There are two over my birthday I am salivating over. Two more if I go a week later or a month later. The question is do I shift my cruise for Feb to that and then just rebook that later or hold off??

oh dear....we're now spoiled for choice....we have to figure it out quickly so that we can write to our DU TA so that she'll book us on our day...
what to choose what to choose.....i guess i need some pricing to make an informed decision...

It looks like bookings will start next week. I just received this info from my DU TA:

Good Morning,

Disney Cruise Line will be releasing Summer 2019 Sailings for booking next week!

Disney Cruise Line is releasing these sailings to Castaway Club Members in advance of the general public so it is very important to list your Castaway Club Level below and your Castaway Club number. If you do not have your number please send the Castaway Club Level and your date of birth.

Release Dates:

March 5th: Platinum Castaway Club Members

March 6th: Gold Castaway Club Members

March 7th: Silver Castaway Club Members

March 8th: General Public Release

why didn't i get this from my DU TA??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can anyone post the link for the summer 2018 Alaska sailings opening day prices? I can't find it.

Thanks!

if i write to my DU TA - will she be able to book for me on my booking day (march 7th)?

Yes! If you know what you want I would send it to them right away. They do take some time to send your confirmation the next day sometimes but they are on the phone right when it opens for you.

why didn't i get this from my DU TA??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is it in spam...? My parents and I both got one from our DU agent at 7:35am PST this morning (I know because my Dad immediately emailed asking where we are going next, lol)

Yes! If you know what you want I would send it to them right away. They do take some time to send your confirmation the next day sometimes but they are on the phone right when it opens for you.

Is it in spam...? My parents and I both got one from our DU agent at 7:35am PST this morning (I know because my Dad immediately emailed asking where we are going next, lol)

good suggestion, but no it wasn't there...anyway, i'm thrilled that i noticed this thread...
we're working on the decision now....have a message out to the clan.....we've narrowed it down and i'll go into the DU quote page shortly to put in our booking...
i have to dig up our info - CC number...and we have an onboard booking placeholder....i wonder where i have that information

I just emailed my non-DU TA to give her the ones I am interested in. If the price is right, I will just have her transfer my Feb 2019 cruise booking to one I am eyeing. Then decide if I'm going to rebook in Feb or do something else (technically I am still booked on the Edge, so...that is a possibility).

Change up in the Alaska itinerary options! The 9 night replaces Skagway with Sitka and the some of the 7-nights replace Tracy Arm with Icy Straight Point. Interesting since there doesn't seem much to do at Icy Straight other than a big zipline, and I would think everyone going to Alaska wants to see a glacier at one point.

Do you think the Sitka sailings will be more expensive because they will be more popular because of the port, or because of the dates? (Probably a combo of both, I'm guessing). I'm leaning towards the Skagway sailings because there seem to be more excursion options that will accommodate our then 2 year-old.

No, the 7 nights that include Icy Strait look to be doing Tracy Arm as well - on the same day they do Juneau (so a shortened day in Juneau obviously). We did end of August last year and I've got my eye on the August 26 2019 one that does Icy Strait but dh really wants to do Northern Europe so he's got his eye on the August 1 2019 cruise....battle of wills in our house :rotfl2:

Can someone tell me what Alaska cruise I want? Ha! I have no idea what is important. There are 6 of us, so price is somewhat a priority, but it is also a place we likely won't return for a long time, so if there is one stand-out itinerary here i'd pay the extra.
Kids will be 3, 9, 11, 20. We will leave the 3 year old onboard some to do some excursions if she can't participate in them.
I know nothing about the ports. I do remember seeing really cool pics of a train on a talk bridge.
Any suggestions?

ETA: kids get out of school 5/23/19. The littles can miss the last week or whatever they need to. I just need to work around the college schedule...she gets out early May and returns probably 3rd week of August.

Does anyone know how a TA, such as DU, prioritizes the requests they are receiving? I used them for our first cruise, but I didn't book it on one of the opening days. I'm just wondering if I'm better off calling on my own since I already have a placeholder. What advantage is there to be gained by having a TA book on my behalf? Will they even get to my request in a timely manner, or will my request be sitting in a pile while I could be calling directly in hopes of booking the specific cabin I am looking for? I know that I received a nice OBC from them last time, but will I still receive that again this time since I am already receiving one from DCL with my placeholder? I'm confused :confused3

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what Alaska cruise I want? Ha! I have no idea what is important. There are 6 of us, so price is somewhat a priority, but it is also a place we likely won't return for a long time, so if there is one stand-out itinerary here i'd pay the extra.
Kids will be 3, 9, 11, 20. We will leave the 3 year old onboard some to do some excursions if she can't participate in them.
I know nothing about the ports. I do remember seeing really cool pics of a train on a talk bridge.
Any suggestions?

ETA: kids get out of school 5/23/19. The littles can miss the last week or whatever they need to. I just need to work around the college schedule...she gets out early May and returns probably 3rd week of August.
We (myself and DS16) did the 9 night last summer and it was AMAZING! Highly recommend it if it can fit the budget!!

Any suggestions?

It will be cheaper if you can do a cruise in May/early June. Peak prices will be in late June/July/Early August. I think the regular 7nt itinerary is good w/ Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan. It's the one that we did--and we loved it. (Of course that 'was' the only itinerary they had in 2016...) The 9 nt one will be priced higher than it should be, and I'd expect the 7 nt ones with the different itinerary to be priced higher just due to those being more unique. I would stay away from the 5 nt one as it only has 1 port and it's the least exciting port.

I would look at 2 connecting rooms, either inside or oceanview to save money. I LOVED being on deck 2 oceanview--and it saved us a lot of money! Verandahs were costing $3,000 more than oceanviews.

Last edited:
Awesome! Depending on the prices we will likely book the last week in August to come back just before school starts :) If second last week doesn't differ in price too much, we will do that one.
Alaska won't be our only trip in 2019 so I don't want to pay peak peak prices. I know May is also cheaper but don't want it during school.
So glad to hear you loved it and yes book it again! :D

It was awesome, you can't go wrong. I suggest a Nav Verandah for cover from any weather, but awesome views.

I'm actually quite disappointed in our DU TA. We transferred a place holder and we never heart back, then during the previous batch of releases we got an e-mail when booking had already started for platinum (which, we aren't, but still) and now we didn't get anything either

Sometimes an agent isn't representative of the whole agency and all agents and agencies differ. Sorry yours didn't work out. As for today, a lot of agents work other jobs, too, so some might not have even seen the announcement yet. They are human, too :)

This would be our first time as Silver members:tongue:
Could you please give me idea of the amount for deposit would be .
September 2019, 3/4 Bahamas, Dlx Inside cabin,2 adults.
TIA

You can't get prices until next week. you could estimate by looking at an equivalent cruise for 2018.

Can someone explain to me the stateroom categories? for example like 7A. What do those letters and numbers mean? if there is another thread regarding this please share also.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm#cat

I was wondering what phone number we call to book if we are using an onboard booking offer. The regular castaway club line? Or the number for onboard booking (I believe it is
1-800-939-2784)?

Edit: I should mention I am a gold castaway club member.

Even easier -- use a travel agent! But, you'd just use the regular number. They will find your OBB.

if i write to my DU TA - will she be able to book for me on my booking day (march 7th)?

Yep!

Any suggestions?

I'd suggest using a travel agent, they can help with all of this! Just a note, with 6 people, you will need two cabins.

Does anyone know how a TA, such as DU, prioritizes the requests they are receiving? I used them for our first cruise, but I didn't book it on one of the opening days. I'm just wondering if I'm better off calling on my one since I already have a placeholder. What advantage is there to be gained by having a TA book on my behalf? Will they even get to my request in a timely manner, or will my request be sitting in a pile while I could be calling directly in hopes of booking the specific cabin I am looking for? I know that I received a nice OBC from them last time, but will I still receive that again this time since I am already receiving one from DCL with my placeholder? I'm confused :confused3

The benefits are the relationship you have with your agent, their advice and assistance if anything goes wrong along the way, and they will sit on the phone for hours on opening day for you and you won't have to! Yes, agents sit on hold, too :) If you want a quote during that first week, you'd be wise to use an agent. One other thing is, you could try at the same time and if you get through before she does, you could transfer the booking to her after so she can help with excursions, trip insurance, etc. I always used an agent even before I became one. I liked having a friend to bounce ideas off, etc.

Does anyone know how a TA, such as DU, prioritizes the requests they are receiving? I used them for our first cruise, but I didn't book it on one of the opening days. I'm just wondering if I'm better off calling on my own since I already have a placeholder. What advantage is there to be gained by having a TA book on my behalf? Will they even get to my request in a timely manner, or will my request be sitting in a pile while I could be calling directly in hopes of booking the specific cabin I am looking for? I know that I received a nice OBC from them last time, but will I still receive that again this time since I am already receiving one from DCL with my placeholder? I'm confused :confused3
Did you list your TA when you made your placeholder? If so, that TA would need to book the reservation for you. If DU is your TA, they will give you 1/2 the OBC they would give a new booking through them as their commission is reduced for on board bookings and transfers. You DO also get the $100-$200 OBC from Disney as well as the 10% off from your placeholder.

I don't know how they prioritize them--probably with the more popular cruises first as they're more likely to increase in price sooner. I do think you would spend a long time trying to get through to Disney on the phone on opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter