NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

For what it’s worth - my TA thinks these two sailings will be closer in price than traditionally before... because of the extra port on the 26th... however less than ideal some people think it is.
We’ll see, we may have a better idea Monday when platinum books.
I’ll post here the prices either way Tuesday. I also asked for Aug 12 and July 1.

Which itinerary are you referring to?

OK, I don't want to cause undue/premature excitement, however, I just spoke to a CM and she told me I could ask general questions about tomorrow's itineraries for 2019 as long as they weren't about pricing. I asked her if the June 28th sailing that has the back to back days on Castaway included any night time activities on the island and giggled and said she wasn't allowed to discuss that question until tomorrow. Hmmm. Maybe I am looking into her inflection a little too much, but it certainly sounded like a secret reveal was in the works! :hourglass:ssst::flower1:

OK, I don't want to cause undue/premature excitement, however, I just spoke to a CM and she told me I could ask general questions about tomorrow's itineraries for 2019 as long as they weren't about pricing. I asked her if the June 28th sailing that has the back to back days on Castaway included any night time activities on the island and giggled and said she wasn't allowed to discuss that question until tomorrow. Hmmm. Maybe I am looking into her inflection a little too much, but it certainly sounded like a secret reveal was in the works! :hourglass:ssst::flower1:

Interesting. I still say they would not have buried that information in the announcement on the website and sent to travel agencies because that would not be a minor thing.

Why not do it yourself. I've put holds on several cruises. The encourage it.

If they are talking opening day for a CC level when it's all by phone, if they have a TA why not use her/him? Let them be the ones on hold for hours! :D I know my agent (yes, I'm a believer now) has said her agency (not DU) usually makes "pods" of 3 or 4 agents who will have the info for each other's clients and if one gets through, the others will remain on hold in case they get through also, but the one who is talking to a person will go through her/his clients and then move onto the next agent in the "pod" and her/his clients' list if that agent is not talking to a person, etc.

That and TAs give onboard credit... I like being a DIY traveler too, but not when there is money left on the table.

Can you call DCL and put a cruise on hold and then have your TA call in next day to book and give deposit? I’m using a placeholder which Costco already “owns”, if that makes a difference. I’m worried that it will take Costco longer to connect with DCL than if I call myself right at 8am Tuesday.

Can you call DCL and put a cruise on hold and then have your TA call in next day to book and give deposit? I’m using a placeholder which Costco already “owns”, if that makes a difference. I’m worried that it will take Costco longer to connect with DCL than if I call myself right at 8am Tuesday.

I guess you could... But why would you want to waste your time sitting on hold for hours (it happened last release) when you've already got a TA who can do it for you?

I guess you could... But why would you want to waste your time sitting on hold for hours (it happened last release) when you've already got a TA who can do it for you?
I haven’t used Costco before but I understand that I have to be on hold with Costco while they are on hold with Disney so there is no difference. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I haven’t used Costco before but I understand that I have to be on hold with Costco while they are on hold with Disney so there is no difference. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

No clue, but that stinks. IMHO part of the beauty of having a TA is you don't have to be on hold the whole time because that's what their job is.

You can always transfer to a TA. You have 30 days.

True. Personally I'd rather let them be on hold as Dug720 said if I'm going to transfer later anyway.

Costco really does do it that way... if I ever use them I'll just transfer within 30 days as cruiser21 said.

No, because your Placeholder is already considered a booking with a confirmation number. Since Costco owns this booking, they will have to call to "modify" this booking to an actual sailing.

Can someone walk me through this? Here's the detail:
*We did an onboard booking in Feb. 2017 for a placeholder - no TA
*Called DCL the first day Alaska summer 2018 was available to us and booked with our placeholder. No TA. Still have this reservation.
*So long as prices aren't significantly higher, we want to change from 2018 to 2019 Alaska.
*I know we will lose our onboard booking discount and stateroom credit because it's over two years from the placeholder booking date.
*I want to offset some of the difference by going through Costco for their Costco Cash Card and 2% back for executive members.
*We've done two DCL cruises, so Silver status and can book Weds.

So, I guess the questions I have are:
*Book the new cruise and then cancel the old one? (vs. a transfer or something) Not sure if this matters?
*Do I call Costco to have them book or do it myself again? (but transfer, last time we had no TA) - I can be on the phone a long time, if needed, since I'm working from home on booking day - getting what we want is the most important thing.
*I'd love to pay the deposit with Disney Gift Cards that I got at a discount - can I do that with Costco?

Anything else I need to know (especially about going through Costco)? I feel a lot of pressure not to screw this up, as we have the best price right now and are hoping not to stray too far above it or else we're not going to be able to make this work. Thanks!

Can someone walk me through this? Here's the detail:
*We did an onboard booking in Feb. 2017 for a placeholder - no TA
*Called DCL the first day Alaska summer 2018 was available to us and booked with our placeholder. No TA. Still have this reservation.
*So long as prices aren't significantly higher, we want to change from 2018 to 2019 Alaska.
*I know we will lose our onboard booking discount and stateroom credit because it's over two years from the placeholder booking date.
*I want to offset some of the difference by going through Costco for their Costco Cash Card and 2% back for executive members.
*We've done two DCL cruises, so Silver status and can book Weds.

So, I guess the questions I have are:
*Book the new cruise and then cancel the old one? (vs. a transfer or something) Not sure if this matters?
*Do I call Costco to have them book or do it myself again? (but transfer, last time we had no TA) - I can be on the phone a long time, if needed, since I'm working from home on booking day - getting what we want is the most important thing.
*I'd love to pay the deposit with Disney Gift Cards that I got at a discount - can I do that with Costco?

Anything else I need to know (especially about going through Costco)? I feel a lot of pressure not to screw this up, as we have the best price right now and are hoping not to stray too far above it or else we're not going to be able to make this work. Thanks!
You could do it either way since you are making a new booking. We have done our bookings both ways,and since we are control freaks and WANT to be on the phone with Costco and Disney there really is no difference. Just make sure if you call Disney to remember to transfer to Costco within 30 days.

I'm considering one Magic cruise for next summer, so I requested a quote from a travel agency that I've never used. However, it has consistently emailed me about new DCL itineraries, whereas the 2 agencies I have used (and currently have a cruise booked with for next month) didn't bother! I also looked at what other cruise lines are offering in the same general area. I put a temporary hold on one cruise with my usual online discount travel agency, so I'll know by tomorrow whether DCL is even in the ballpark. (I'm thinking probably not.)

You could do it either way since you are making a new booking. We have done our bookings both ways,and since we are control freaks and WANT to be on the phone with Costco and Disney there really is no difference. Just make sure if you call Disney to remember to transfer to Costco within 30 days.
Okay, so if we transfer to Costco (after booking directly) we'd still get exactly the same Costco Cash amount (or any other benefits, if any)? How do you transfer to Costco? Just call and give them the info? Thank you!

Okay, so if we transfer to Costco (after booking directly) we'd still get exactly the same Costco Cash amount (or any other benefits, if any)? How do you transfer to Costco? Just call and give them the info? Thank you!
You are correct as long as it is within 30 days from booking. They email you some form to transfer and when it's all done they will give you a Costco reservation number to reference. You can still call Disney to ask questions about your cruise, but anything to do with payments or money must go through Costco.

Yeah we had wanted that day then looked at the historical and. Just can’t justify $17-20k for two cabins. Sigh.

As of this evening, we’re out too ... main concern is being in the heat of the Caribbean for that length of time mid-summer. I sometimes struggle with the Florida weather when we visit in July/August. Not really a gamble we want to take at the expected price point. Southern Caribbean is still on my bucket list, but it may need to wait until retirement when I can go during the cooler months! Back to the drawing board for Summer 2019 plans.

You are correct as long as it is within 30 days from booking. They email you some form to transfer and when it's all done they will give you a Costco reservation number to reference. You can still call Disney to ask questions about your cruise, but anything to do with payments or money must go through Costco.
Thanks - which way do you think I'd get through faster - calling DCL myself or calling Costco?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter