• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Advice QUICK! Good Famtasmic! Viewing spot?

Dionnemay

Mouseketeer
Okay I'm here at Disneyland RIGHT NOW now until Friday(Match 16) and I need some quick advice...

1. I was just about to book a Fantasmic package at River Bell for tomorrow night for 4 ppl but I've done the FDP here before -with both RB and BB- and I'm wondering if I could save the 200 bucks... I was only considering the DP because we brought my son's friend who has never been to Disney so I want to make sure he can see the show. But I hate spending so much $ for the FDP.
Does anyone know of there are any good spot to see Fantasmic WITHOUT having to reserve it through a Dinner Package, and that won't be roped of and if so, where are those spots and how soon should I stake out my spot?
I just figured I'd rather stake out a good "free" spot early and use the 200 bucks for spending money or something..

We got fast passes for the 9:00 show last Friday and we showed up like 15 minutes before the show and had a great view - in fact it was a bit windy that night so we were glad we were night right along the water as those people got wet! I much prefer the fast pass system they have now vs the free for all it used to be.

OOOOOOO I CAN GET A FAST PASS FOR FANTASTMIC___

BY THE LOVE OF GOD.. EXPLIAN please

They distribute fast passes to the left of the riverboat dock in Frontierland. Distrubution starts at park open and continues until all FPs have been distributed. The first show usually goes within 1-1.5 hours of park open and the second show within 2.5-3 hours of park open.

I recommend returning about 15 minutes prior to the opening of the return window.

So i need to rush to get those FP.. once i am in the park
You just need to get them in the first hour of park opening. The FPs work like WoC in that they are show reservations and don’t affect the timing on getting FPs for rides.

Excellent... thank you SO VERY MUCH.
Once i get into the park.. i will be the runner to get hat FP for our party.
and it is GREAT that they do NOT interfer with the rides fast passes

If you want to sit (on the ground) up front, center, right by the water, you will need to book a Dining Package at Hungry Bear (least expensive), Blue Bayou (most expensive), or Riverbelle Terrace (moderate). Look on the DLR website under dining reservations to see the descriptions of the packages. Each Dining Package includes a FP for F! in the special viewing area for each restaurant. There are threads on this forum (you can do a search) that show where each viewing area is located.
Free FPs are almost all standing, mostly further back behind the seated areas.

Mmmmmmmm Thanks for the info... but I have additional questions.
I HAVE seen F! at WDW HS..... and I know it is basically the same show.. I HAVE NEVER EVER gone to a Dining Package at WDW but here at DL I feel that I need to.. now. If i DONT get a dinning package will I still be able to get a good view? Consider that I will be taking a 2 year old and a 7 month old. Also... does F! happen or will happen at the same time as for example Together forever, paint the night etc? We would rather see PAINT THE NIGHT, World of Color and together forever than F! since we have seen it.

Thanks in advance

I HAVE seen F! at WDW HS..... and I know it is basically the same show.. I HAVE NEVER EVER gone to a Dining Package at WDW but here at DL I feel that I need to.. now. If i DONT get a dinning package will I still be able to get a good view? Consider that I will be taking a 2 year old and a 7 month old. Also... does F! happen or will happen at the same time as for example Together forever, paint the night etc? We would rather see PAINT THE NIGHT, World of Color and together forever than F! since we have seen it.

Thanks in advance

If you are concerned about the kind of view you will have I would book a dinning package. The BB and RBT packages are in a seated area right along the waterfront.

F! is a completely different show at Disneyland, same premise but completely different. I prefer the Disneyland version.

You can see the fireworks from the F! viewing area you just won’t be able to see buzz or the Up house fly. They will project the castle projections on the F! water screens.

If it’s a full operating schedule then F! usually happens at 9 and 10:30, with fireworks at 9:30. PTN is at 8:45 and 10:45. WoC is going down for refurb from 4/13-5/24 so we don’t know what it’s showinf schedule will be when it returns but if I had to guess is will probably only play once an evening at 9:45. What are your dates? F! is typically weekends only when it’s not considered high season.

I think it's a much superior show to the WDW counterpart. Viewing conditions are very different though. No seats which is a real shame. Dining sections are front and center and sitting on the ground. FP sections are roped off standing sections. Unless you are at the front of the FP line, I believe it's going to be hard for your 2 year old to see unless you hold them the entire time.

If you have little kids then you might not enjoy it as much standing like we did. I am the shortest one in my family now so we were all fine standing and had a great view.

Oh no-it is not at all the same show. DL’s version is widely believed to be much, much better.

Well..... id rather see buzz and the UP HOUSE FLY OVER.../
I will be going May 16 to May 26

I can probably see F! one day on the weekend and the TOGETHER FOREVER show on another day.
Given I have a toddler I guess I will have to book a dining package..... i dont want to spend much.. so ill do the least expensive

Well..... id rather see buzz and the UP HOUSE FLY OVER.../
I will be going May 16 to May 26

I can probably see F! one day on the weekend and the TOGETHER FOREVER show on another day.
Given I have a toddler I guess I will have to book a dining package..... i dont want to spend much.. so ill do the least expensive
For the fireworks plan to see them early on in your trip. Fireworks are subject to cancelation due to high winds as DLR is at the mercy of the Anaheim fire marshal when it comes to launching fireworks since the fall out zone is on a major freeway.

Thanks in advance

I would absolutely consider the dining package with a 2 year old and a 7 month old. I have done it twice with my 3-year-old and there was no way we could have camped out for an hour+ waiting for the show to get a decent spot in the FP section. Not to mention I would have to stand and hold my (heavy) 3-year-old up for the duration of the show if he was to be able to see it. Nope. With the dining package (I just did Hungry Bear), we walked up about 15 minutes before the show started and had an excellent seat on the ground with an excellent view. Highly recommend with little ones!

I am at the DL website and it ONLY gives me the option for BB and RBT no.. hungry bear.
I should book around 8pm.. can i say longer... how does it work? Do i need to get a table even earlier and then go "save" a seating spot on the gound?
Sorry for all the nooob questions

I would absolutely consider the dining package with a 2 year old and a 7 month old. I have done it twice with my 3-year-old and there was no way we could have camped out for an hour+ waiting for the show to get a decent spot in the FP section. Not to mention I would have to stand and hold my (heavy) 3-year-old up for the duration of the show if he was to be able to see it. Nope. With the dining package (I just did Hungry Bear), we walked up about 15 minutes before the show started and had an excellent seat on the ground with an excellent view. Highly recommend with little ones!

Thanks.... but seems Hungry bear is not available.
So I will have to choose between BB and RBT... how... lets say the show F! starts at nine... i should get a reservation for 8?
Also.. I still CANT select beyond may 12

Thanks.... but seems Hungry bear is not available.
So I will have to choose between BB and RBT... how... lets say the show F! starts at nine... i should get a reservation for 8?
Also.. I still CANT select beyond may 12
You can only book dinning 60 days out. You have to dine at least 2 hours prior to the show. You’ll be given a return ticket when you dine. So you can have dinner at RBT at 5pm and you’ll be given a viewing location return voucher for the 9pm show that will tell you where to enter the viewing location and what time to return at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter