News: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway FPs now Available

Just dropped one of our two SDD fastpasses for MMRR. Now we have 1 of each of the tier 1 fastpasses for our trip coming up. I was so torn on it, because giving up a SDD hurts, but I want to make absolutely sure we get to experience all of them and we've done SDD in the past.

I was thinking of just rope dropping MMRR, but with the gigantic crowd arriving for RotR boarding groups and us stuck with having to use the Skyliner, I'm worried that the line will be 2 hours long before we even get there on rope drop!

It WILL create longer standby lines. For every 90 fp holders that go in, only 10 from the standby line will be allowed through
I thought I had read somewhere that the CMs are told to put 5-10 FP people through the line for every standby person. No wonder there are times the standby line never seems to move.
Hopefully, early on they won't have a huge number of FPs until they know it runs consistantly.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you were able to replace Muppets for Falcon unless you a) previously did not have any Tier 1 FPs or 2) you had RNR Coaster and that automatically dropped to Tier 2, opening up your availability to book Falcon. For MMRR, though, you will have to modify your existing Falcon or Slinky FP in exchange for MMRR.

I was surprised too! I thought it was very odd. I wonder if people who already had passes got some sort of exception since their planning was already done and Disney didn’t want to “screw them over” by having to ditch something good? I dunno. Here’s screenshots of my two days:

And...

Facon replaced Muppets and Tower replaced Little Mermaid.

I was thinking of just rope dropping MMRR, but with the gigantic crowd arriving for RotR boarding groups and us stuck with having to use the Skyliner, I'm worried that the line will be 2 hours long before we even get there on rope drop!

Most of those people will be heading straight to GE to rope drop MFSR...I say most...Many of them will because they couldn't care less about a MIckey and Minnie ride....

So I have a FP for smugglers run should I switch it for Mickey's Railroad? We won't get to HS until around 2 or 3 pm and haven't been in the parks since April 2018 so both are new rides for us.

I thought I had read somewhere that the CMs are told to put 5-10 FP people through the line for every standby person. No wonder there are times the standby line never seems to move.
Hopefully, early on they won'y have a huge number of FPs until they know it runs consistantly.
If you want to see how FPs affect SB times just look at Peter Pan....That standby time is ridiculous for a ride that almost never stops loading riders. It's mostly a result of loading 2-4 SB riders for every 20-30 FP riders.

My only hope is that the design of the queue for MMRR is like many of the newer rides where FP really only has a bypass for the main SB line but eventually all the riders come back together before boarding so the CM has no idea which is which really.

Just wondering what the earliest time people have been able to get for a FP for MMRR is? I think the earliest I have seen so far is around 10:30??

Just wondering what the earliest time people have been able to get for a FP for MMRR is? I think the earliest I have seen so far is around 10:30??
That's what I saw when I grabbed mine - took 11:40 hoping we can get other rides in at rope drop.

Anyone know if MMRR an indoor or outdoor queue? I think we'll still try for Millennium Falcon as DS is a big Star Wars fan, but travelling in August so wondering how stand by lines compare (if we even can tell for the new Mickey and Minnie ride)
A video I watched yesterday, showed at least part of the queue as outside. You could see holes in the ground to put up poles for the lines. And there were lights with fans in the same area. Maybe that just all overflow, but it has the option for at least some to be outside.

A video I watched yesterday, showed at least part of the queue as outside. You could see holes in the ground to put up poles for the lines. And there were lights with fans in the same area. Maybe that just all overflow, but it has the option for at least some to be outside.
The indoor queue will only hold about 45 min worth of queue, this will spill out to the courtyard

The indoor queue will only hold about 45 min worth of queue, this will spill out to the courtyard
How will this ride effect the projection shows or vice versa? will they close it before the shows? what about EMH and the projection shows, will that effect the ride?

How will this ride effect the projection shows or vice versa? will they close it before the shows? what about EMH and the projection shows, will that effect the ride?
They didn't when gmr was open so i don't expect it happening with mmrr

Yep I just got my email too. I don't want to give up my MFSR though. I guess I'll just have to try to get on at rope drop along with SDD and hopefully get on a boarding group for RotR. So stressful!

I was surprised too! I thought it was very odd. I wonder if people who already had passes got some sort of exception since their planning was already done and Disney didn’t want to “screw them over” by having to ditch something good? I dunno. Here’s screenshots of my two days:

View attachment 471525

And...

View attachment 471526

Facon replaced Muppets and Tower replaced Little Mermaid.

I only see 1 tier 1 ride on each of your days. There was no exemption for previous plans. I wish! We have 2 days at HS and had SR on 1 day, SDD the other. We dropped SR for MMRW. I figure there’s no standby for SR, the queue is generally inside and moves more people thru than SDD, plus I hate the standby line for SDD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter