News Round Up 2017

what would you say the other benefits are to doing this. I see people do it a lot so I am curious

Nothing else really.
The only other major thing I can think of is that I have heard of peoples accounts being frozen for suspected fraud after a bunch of small purchases at the booths.

Because I live 10 minutes from the park, popping in for a snack (I'm looking at you Violet Lemonade during F&G) and leaving isn't unheard of. By loading a gift card at the beginning I have a measure of 'yes, I can go' or 'eh, I should probably pass today' based on how much money the card has on it.

I have a very narrow line of options at these events as a vegetarian who doesn't drink alcohol so my costs never get very high, but it's an easy way to keep some sort of budget.

what would you say the other benefits are to doing this. I see people do it a lot so I am curious

At least in the past they did these gift cards that were attached to a strap you could wear on your wrist so it was an easy was to just have it at the ready to pay (was more unique before magic bands)

And they have unique design so the card itself becomes a little souvenir

darn...I always loved being the CHOSEN one...:sad1:...for one trip, it just seemed like many of the rides we went on, they just always handed the card to me... I wonder if they will now sell them as souvenirs.... :yay:

darn...I always loved being the CHOSEN one...:sad1:...for one trip, it just seemed like many of the rides we went on, they just always handed the card to me... I wonder if they will now sell them as souvenirs.... :yay:
What will probably happen is that as word gets out they're going away, people will begin to pocket them and just not turn them in anymore to the 2nd check point... that'll definately speed the phase out process though.

Perhaps not the full line-up then? 1 alcoholic drink seems very strange, especially given there's not a lot to have around there and there are no food offerings? Could be a multi-part menu...

@rteetz - you think you need gofundme for WDW now, wait until you do your first Drinking Around the World. WDW drinks prices always make me laugh when folks suggest tons of people are hammered at WDW.

The best value in ecpot is the La Fin at the canada beer cart---- 9% and priced about a dollar more than the other beers.... if anyone cares...

I thought it was a gift-- I have about 50 of them.....lol.

Disney-ABC TV Group Braces for Large-Scale Layoffs Amid Cost-Cutting Initiative (from Variety)

Disney-ABC Television Group will be reducing annual costs at the unit by 10% by the close of its parent company’s fiscal year next month, with a restructuring of operations that is expected to include hundreds of layoffs.

Plans for cost-cutting measures across the group, which includes the ABC television network, ABC News, ABC Studios, and entertainment cable channels including Freeform and Disney Channel, are still being developed. Disney-ABC sources tell Variety that no headcount for staff reductions has formally been determined and that details of the cost-cutting effort are fluid. But it’s clear that the effort will involve major staff cuts in order to reach the 10% cost reduction target.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/disney-abc-1202543541/
Start by cancelling The View.

This is closer to the work of Edward Gorey. The Ghastlies are designed to be inspired by Gorey's work but not directly copy his style or characters.
Disney's Hocus Pocus artwork is just a rip off of some of the Ghastlies characters.
There's being inspired/influenced by something and then there's just copying.

Your post helped clear this up for me. I was thinking we were talking about Gastlycrumb Tinies.

I'm happy with Force Friday. I did not stay up til midnight, I woke up at 6 am EST and went on the Walmart (Canada, as I'm in Canada) website and purchased 4 Funko Pops (of the 5 I really wanted) with no issue. I got Chewbacca with Porg, New BB8, BB-9E, and the Walmart Exclusive Resistance BB Unit! Might return the New BB8 in store as it's not very different from the 2 BB8 Funko Pops we already have - I just added it to get free shipping.

Now I just need to find a Porg Funko Pop!

Did anyone else notice the lego Millennium Falcon kit is a dark grey? Wondering if that suggests a shift to the first order(if only temporarily)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter