News Round Up 2017

Very true, this will probably have the largest impact on sheer number of visitors. And you’re right, Disney has most likely looked at this every which way and they have all the data, whereas mine is simply anecdotal and experiential, so it’s quite possibly not representative.

As someone else mentioned, they’ve done this previously (in the last several years) but the fact that they brought it back led me to assume it didn’t work as planned. Maybe that was an incorrect assumption on my part and they’ll just adjust that particular AP as needed for years with high attendance expectations.
Yeah I'm thinking they are probably considering this is a product they can bring out when need be and take away when need be. Reminds me of the discounts for WDW that get talked about a lot. They brought in discounts for summer (or the type of discounts) to lure more visitors and have been tightening the discounts for the fall time over time.

I do agree though that it stinks for those families that had those passes.

Wow I’m just shocked their lowest annual pass is that cheap! So envious of people who live close enough to either park or go enough to justify AP!

If you think that Disneyland annual pass is cheap, you probably will shocked at the price of the Disney World Weekday Select Pass. That's the Florida-resident pass that's only valid on weekdays with Spring Break, most of summer, and the end of December blocked out.

It only costs $269 plus tax.

The reason you stop allowing the cheapest pass is (a) you make the least money from it and (b) this is the pass that is going to be the most popular. If people REALLY still want a pass they will pay for the more expensive one. In the end it's about a combination of crowd control and also what will most increase profits. Double win for Disney.

The reason you stop allowing the cheapest pass is (a) you make the least money from it and (b) this is the pass that is going to be the most popular. If people REALLY still want a pass they will pay for the more expensive one. In the end it's about a combination of crowd control and also what will most increase profits. Double win for Disney.

"Less people, more money" is sort of their motto (and not a bad business model to be fair - at least in the short term)

In this case it's not the cheapest pass just a cheaper option.

There's the Southern California Select Passport, which allows visitors 170 days of access to both theme parks – mostly on weekdays and It’s priced at $339-according to the article.

They got rid of the Southern California Passport which was for about 215 days with block outs on Saturdays, holidays, and half of summer-according to the article.

Now personally speaking $469 and $339 which is a $130 is a huge difference to me but I suppose Disney would get a lot more $$ if I wanted to gain more days available than the Southern California Select Passport allowed and now I don't have the Southern California Passport to upgrade to.

News

Disney’s 2017 Sports Spirit award goes to Iowa and the Kinnick wave!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ave-with-the-2017-disney-sports-spirit-award/

As a Big Ten fan this new tradition is an incredibly meaningful one I am glad to see it rewarded.

I like how we found a way to bring B1G football back up and relate it to Disney this time. But seriously, it's a really cool tradition. My gf cares nothing about sports but several times when she's seen Iowa or Iowa St on she's asked me "is that the team that waves to the kids?" And she always wants them to win.

Not quite hard hitting news, but we booked vacation yesterday for the normally slow time the week after presidents week.
We last did this for that time in 2016. We were able to rent points for Saratoga without issue and a few other dvc properties were available, and we reserved just after Christmas. This time we were shut out of all the studio sized dvc properties(animal kingdom, ssr, boardwalk, OKW). Coranado wasn't available, CBR is and cheaper with the construction, we ended up in POR which had limited availability.
Crowd calendars do not suggest it's busier than previous visits in that time period....but it sure seems like available beds are in decline.

Just curious if folks think the dvc rental pool has declined, or if the moderate beds are limited due to construction at Coranado/CBR. I suppose more people could be partially responsible, and maybe a greater number of folks are staying on property.
I guess I'm just surprised at the limited availability. I figured with park construction, demand might be lessened. Flights are as cheap as I've ever encountered.

So I'm just one data point, just wondering if others have encountered the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter