News Round Up 2017

If you ride Everest without foreknowledge of the ride mechanics or path, it's pretty "wow". It is a very unique ride IMHO.
I've never seen the Yeti work, and Everest is still a favorite.
Personally I think the ride mechanics of tower of terror are better but that seems just me.

Personally I think the ride mechanics of tower of terror are better but that seems just me.

I would say that both do a great job of breaking with expectation. ToT is absolutely impressive - I don't diminish ToT by my respect for Everest. Everest is the more recent of the two per the discussion though.

Both attractions are my favorite at their respective parks.

Oh.My.Gosh. I am officially hype for Avatar land...it only took 7 years
The banshee ride may be very interesting for other reasons for solo guests. After looking at that pic, the position of those 2 riders looks a little up close & personal. That's OK for a family or a couple but if you go on the ride solo, presumably you will be randomly paired up with another solo guest a la 7DMT. Depending on who you get hooked up with at the end of the queue, this could make for a very interesting or uncomfortable or scary ride experience. At the very least, it's got to be distracting for each solo guest since one is positioned behind. Either you have a stranger breathing down your neck or you are breathing down a stranger's neck. At least on 7DMT, you are jammed side by side. Not great but not quite so, um, intimate. I'm a woman in my 40's & on 7DMT I've been randomly paired with 18 yr old boys, 75 plus yr old men and the list goes on. That kind of seating scenario might get pretty spooky & freaky pretty fast for many of us. Think I'll check out a POV youtube vid first before hopping on this ride.

The banshee ride may be very interesting for other reasons for solo guests. After looking at that pic, the position of those 2 riders looks a little up close & personal. That's OK for a family or a couple but if you go on the ride solo, presumably you will be randomly paired up with another solo guest a la 7DMT. Depending on who you get hooked up with at the end of the queue, this could make for a very interesting or uncomfortable or scary ride experience. At the very least, it's got to be distracting for each solo guest since one is positioned behind. Either you have a stranger breathing down your neck or you are breathing down a stranger's neck. At least on 7DMT, you are jammed side by side. Not great but not quite so, um, intimate. I'm a woman in my 40's & on 7DMT I've been randomly paired with 18 yr old boys, 75 plus yr old men and the list goes on. That kind of seating scenario might get pretty spooky & freaky pretty fast for many of us. Think I'll check out a POV youtube vid first before hopping on this ride.

I don't know-- the picture seems that there is at least two feet between the riders--- and it is in my opinion is clearly one vehicle with two riders.

2 things--- can't help but notice that there is no cage covering the ride vehicle as everyone so strongly stated there would be-----

And say hello to tiering at AK.
The cage is supposed to lift up before the ride starts so it might still be there.

I'm still not convinced they'll tier.

I don't know-- the picture seems that there is at least two feet between the riders--- and it is in my opinion is clearly one vehicle with two riders.
It's been said by several sources that it's one rider per vehicle. We may very well be seeing two vehicles or just a test with two people on the ride vehicle.

It's been said by several sources that it's one rider per vehicle. We may very well be seeing two vehicles or just a test with two people on the ride vehicle.
and that the pic was not current,it was just a preliminary early in the proce
amd that the pic was not current. The pic was just a preliminary prototype early in the process and that is not what it is now. Things have changed

and that the pic was not current,it was just a preliminary early in the proce

amd that the pic was not current. The pic was just a preliminary prototype early in the process and that is not what it is now. Things have changed
Yes I'm under the belief that what we are seeing is a test at Imagineering not the actual ride. The picture isn't very good as it is anyways.

I love Wilderness Lodge, and right now, a standard room at WL is a little cheaper than at Swan/Dolphin and like the Hilton at Bonnet Creek because of resort fees. Definitely, if Disney adds per night resort fees, those Deluxe Epcot hotels will be way less appealing when you have Swan/Dolphin right there. Right now they are often equal in price, and with discounts, sometimes Swan/Dolphin are cheaper even with the resort fees.
If I understand what you are saying that SD rates are equal to BC/YC I would like to know where you are seeing these rates. I have a theme park view room with a balcony booked at the Swan for $375 per night taxes and fee included. I couldn't get a loading dock view at BC/YC for anything close to that.

Careening around the track backwards gets me everytime! But TOT's multiple plummets do too....maybe I've just ridden that more than EE, cause I guess I'd say EE is more "WOW"
I think that ToT was a definite wow once the implemented the random drop sequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter