• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

It is currently up and you are able to make a reservation (I just made one for our June Trip). However, if you were to read the blurb where it describes the breakfast before checking actual availability it states: "Reservations for April 2, 2017 and beyond will be accepted starting March 1, 2017. Call (407) 939-5277 to check availability and reserve a table."

It doesn't state the March 1st start date in the link that was posted here. Glad it is working now!

I hate eggs, so glad there is at least one option I can do. We booked ours up for the Star Wars Half coming up (daughter is nuts for princesses, especially Arial, so this could be a pretty good deal for us).
My money is on that there are eggs in it.....

I know its a day late, and there are no more showings, but I went to see Newsies at the movies last night and it was AMAZING. I hope they plan to distribute it on Blu-Ray or DVD, or stream it somewhere!!

*Just Announced* Newsies will return to movie theaters for an encore screening on March 4th! Tickets will be available for purchase on Monday, February 27th. I saw it 2 times on stage, and all 3 days they showed it in movie theaters. The musical is amazing! If you haven't seen it, make sure you make it out to a movie theater on March 4th!

You can purchase tickets here: http://www.newsiesthemusical.com

Last edited:

Just hanging out with my daughter watching You Tube. I put on an old Adam the Woo video of when he snuck into River Country. So it got me thinking. With the new DVC villas at Wilderness Lodge, maybe possibly WDW might turn it into a DVC exclusive water park? We don't own (as of right now) but I recently saw some details of the new villas and they are supposed to be huge and pretty plushy. $$$ With these and the new investment into Coronado and Caribbean clearly Disney is making the owners a priority. And yes I know the moderate expansion is not a confirmed DVC property but that's the word on Main Street. I mean it can't sit there abandoned forever right? Does anyone have any reliable rumors on plans for River Country? Frontierland expansion?

Just hanging out with my daughter watching You Tube. I put on an old Adam the Woo video of when he snuck into River Country. So it got me thinking. With the new DVC villas at Wilderness Lodge, maybe possibly WDW might turn it into a DVC exclusive water park? We don't own (as of right now) but I recently saw some details of the new villas and they are supposed to be huge and pretty plushy. $$$ With these and the new investment into Coronado and Caribbean clearly Disney is making the owners a priority. And yes I know the moderate expansion is not a confirmed DVC property but that's the word on Main Street. I mean it can't sit there abandoned forever right? Does anyone have any reliable rumors on plans for River Country? Frontierland expansion?
No. They wouldn't open a water park using lake water and river country is so far in decay that it would need to be completely demolished.

News

D-Tech on demand at ESPN WWOS

new-d-tech-on-demand-station-in-espn-wide-world-of-sports

This is likely just for the runDisney races since they do custom items for the races.

I wonder when MagicBand 2.0 will be at these kiosks

Has anyone seen the most recent Universal Studios commercial?? It's quite a tongue and cheek jab at Disney..

I saw this last night during the Tonight Show and agree 100%. The previous commercial insinuated Disney was for a younger crowd and was subtle. This one has a princess turn into Harry Potter!

I saw this last night during the Tonight Show and agree 100%. The previous commercial insinuated Disney was for a younger crowd and was subtle. This one has a princess turn into Harry Potter!
Companies with a good product don't need to rely on knocking the competition to attract business IMO. It's like Motel 6 stating that you need to be a wealthy 70 something to stay at a Four Seasons

No. They wouldn't open a water park using lake water and river country is so far in decay that it would need to be completely demolished.
Of course not using the lake water. don't need a repeat of that. but just as the property is there, I'm sure there would be at least minor infrastructure that could be used for a water park. I can definitely see it needing a total demo though.

Yuppers I mean the commercial keeps basically saying "you made me ready..I'm ready"..it's pretty clear they mean time to leave Disney behind now that you're a bigger kid and furthermore now that you are a bigger kid we've got the rides that you as a bigger kid will want to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter