News Round Up 2017

My hunch with the gondola is this is the test phase...it must be very inexpensive technology...and faster than I thought.

And once it holds...you'll see two more loops pop up on the south side of property for integration...maybe one complete loop.
I agree with this. I feel like this is just the beginning for gondolas given how packed the buses always are.

My hunch with the gondola is this is the test phase...it must be very inexpensive technology...and faster than I thought.

And once it holds...you'll see two more loops pop up on the south side of property for integration...maybe one complete loop.
On the rumor side, most say this is the only place we will see Gondolas. AK might see something else worked in though. And don't shoot the messenger...

I think you are more likely to see them swapped about a bit. Lets face it, this isn't completely unprecedented. Ft. Wilderness cabins are priced in the moderate category and have the boats to MK. I get that The Fort is a bit of a special case, being pretty much an opening day resort (yeah, I know, but it's close enough), and being a campground, but there you have it. The Fort has a sit down buffet, a dinner show, a pool with a slide, something like a pair of QS restaurants if you count the Trails End pick up option and the new Food Truck that replaced the Chuck Wagon. Plus you have some crazy amenities free and additional in terms of Chip and Dale's Campfire, the kayak, horseback riding, Segway tours, boat rentals, archery....

Really, putting the cabins in as a moderate is underpricing by the typical Disney scale of amenities, except for the fact that you can't price them as deluxe because it would be insanely overpriced. I can see the same things happening with the Gondola resorts. Do they get a bump? Yes. But does it have to blow up the system? Not unless Disney wants to blow up the system.

Cherry picked that piece of evidence, huh?

You know the guys that planned the campground in 1965 are long ago and so is their thought processes.

This will result in a requirement of all on property stayers to have a significant "income potential"...there is hardly a case against it.

Oh boy...anybody remember the "class warfare" fights that raged on these boards 10 years ago?

Wow...imagine that today...(to be clear...I hope it never comes back...the keyboard/touchscreen will be soaked with tears)

On the rumor side, most say this is the only place we will see Gondolas. AK might see something else worked in though. And don't shoot the messenger...

I wouldn't...

This just doesn't seem to fit the thinly veiled Igerian pricing policies...there are 2 other "zones" that need something

I am not looking forward to the cluster that will become of the International Gateway entrance for Epcot as a result of this system.. That is one of the best perks of the Crescent Lake resorts imo.

What's the problem?

That's only about 6,500 more rooms (1/4 of property or so) all of the sudden being put into a low maintenance gate. The current number of rooms serviced are probably in the 4-5000 range?

How don't those figures all balance out, negative Nancy?!?

Last edited:

Cherry picked that piece of evidence, huh?

You know the guys that planned the campground in 1965 are long ago and so is their thought processes.

This will result in a requirement of all on property stayers to have a significant "income potential"...there is hardly a case against it.

Oh boy...anybody remember the "class warfare" fights that raged on these boards 10 years ago?

Wow...imagine that today...(to be clear...I hope it never comes back...the keyboard/touchscreen will be soaked with tears)

I get it. As I said, The Fort is something of a special case, but it shows that they can shoehorn things in to the pricing tiers even if it doesn't fit perfectly. I could see them doing the same with CBR, POP and AoA. If they are popular because of this extra amenity it will be like the campsites at The Fort. There will never be rack rate discounts or free dining offered, but they will stay in basically the current tier. If it's not all that extra popular, not sure how this would be true but it's a possibility, it will be like the Cabins, where they still run the discounts and free dining and yet despite the amenities it will still be priced as a moderate.

To be honest I don't think this is what is going to happen. I think they will shuffle things about. But it can be done.

Hoping to get in our first stay at AoA family suites before the gondola price hike. Wonder how long we have before that happens?

I get it. As I said, The Fort is something of a special case, but it shows that they can shoehorn things in to the pricing tiers even if it doesn't fit perfectly. I could see them doing the same with CBR, POP and AoA. If they are popular because of this extra amenity it will be like the campsites at The Fort. There will never be rack rate discounts or free dining offered, but they will stay in basically the current tier. If it's not all that extra popular, not sure how this would be true but it's a possibility, it will be like the Cabins, where they still run the discounts and free dining and yet despite the amenities it will still be priced as a moderate.

To be honest I don't think this is what is going to happen. I think they will shuffle things about. But it can be done.

Try this one on:

1. All hotels interconnected
2. Values raised to $250-300 range
3. Mods to $400
4. Difference between that and deluxe drives demand back up
5. Increased demand allows for more dvc construction/sales at higher prices.
6. After all that...if Disney wants to dump The employees (they do...been that way for decades)...they outsourced to Marriott so they can make walk away profits using hugely overpriced hotels that are always filled with no overhead...

You thirsty for that or more?

Last edited:
Try this one on:

1. All hotels interconnected
2. Values raised to $250-300 range
3. Mods to $400
4. Difference between that at deluxe drives demand back up
5. Increased demand allows for more dvc construction/sales at higher prices.
6. After all that...if Disney wants to dump The employees (they do...been that way for decades)...they outsourced to Marriott so they can make walk away profits using hugely overpriced hotels that are always filled with no overhead...

You thirsty for that or more?

Frankly there isn't much I can do about it. If people will pay, Disney will hike. I do believe if they go this route, they will then backfill with cheaper hotels eventually. It's not much different from what car manufacturers do with size and model creep. You get younger people hooked on a basic model. In 5 years when they are back for a new car, that model is now a half rung or full rung higher up the ladder, with more stuff and a higher price. This keeps you loyal, but growing with your income. Then 5 years later maybe they've refreshed and upsized, or maybe they sell you the next most expensive car. If the Values get too high for the entry level family because they've added too much stuff, some bean counter staring at a spreadsheet will notice and Disney will build their next version of Motel 6 farther out with less stuff and start over. Meanwhile, they've got all the people they've already hooked paying more and more, getting a little bit more to keep them satisfied, and the profit goes up for the shareholders.

You aren't going to get something for nothing.

Frankly there isn't much I can do about it. If people will pay, Disney will hike. I do believe if they go this route, they will then backfill with cheaper hotels eventually. It's not much different from what car manufacturers do with size and model creep. You get younger people hooked on a basic model. In 5 years when they are back for a new car, that model is now a half rung or full rung higher up the ladder, with more stuff and a higher price. This keeps you loyal, but growing with your income. Then 5 years later maybe they've refreshed and upsized, or maybe they sell you the next most expensive car. If the Values get too high for the entry level family because they've added too much stuff, some bean counter staring at a spreadsheet will notice and Disney will build their next version of Motel 6 farther out with less stuff and start over. Meanwhile, they've got all the people they've already hooked paying more and more, getting a little bit more to keep them satisfied, and the profit goes up for the shareholders.

You aren't going to get something for nothing.

If they miscalculate...I am on record that I fully believe the Whartons will...then I do see them backfilling at some point.

But there would still be a 10 year blight on property

News

Disney is still listing an untitled Fairytale for Summer 2017 on their upcoming movies according to their calendar put out at CinemaCon this week.

Is that even possible?

Could that be code for a rerelease? We back into the 3D nonsense again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter