News Round Up 2017

I didn't know it was cancelled- I have never watched it to be honest! It should increase resort crowds whenever it happens, so I am interested solely for that reason!!!

Last edited:
Even Gringotts, which is surrounded by one of the most inmersive lands ever created, is described as underwhelming by many (trust me, I dreamed of a Gringotts coaster for years).

Agreed. An actual roller coaster in the HP movies and they blow it. More G's on 7DMT.

ugh you have dueling dragons where I almost gave myself a concussion! I hear that is on it's way out though.

You make a valid point, (although please keep DD). The masses want Soarin and 7DMT etc. Can't really blame US. Just used to some G's over there and really hoped in this case they would have stayed with it.

Better yet, a "green" side and a "red" side like MS, one takes off (veers off) into a RNRC type scenario of the bank.

You make a valid point, (although please keep DD). The masses want Soarin and 7DMT etc. Can't really blame US. Just used to some G's over there and really hoped in this case they would have stayed with it.

Better yet, a "green" side and a "red" side like MS, one takes off (veers off) into a RNRC type scenario of the bank.
it can be improved but the ride itself is old and needs to honestly be remade for safety and smoothness! It could be a really cool ride with fantastic beasts incorporations buuuut....

News

Disney Quarter 2 fiscal earnings.
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles/2017/05/09/disney-fy17-q2-earnings-live-blog/

Revenue is $13.34 Billion

Parks and Resorts profit grew 20% compared to last year

Growth comes mainly from Disney Studios and Parks and Resorts

Consumer Products and Interactive Media is down 11%

Disneyland Shanghai was profitable for the first time since opening.

Bob Iger believes new packages such as DirecTV Now will help ESPN.

Iger reiterates ESPN direct to consumer product by the end of the year.

Iger is confident the board will find the right person to replace him.

Iger has missed the first two Economic Advisory councils with Trump but hopes to be at the next one.

Shanghai Disneyland will hit 10 million visitors within days.

They are looking at expanding the Shanghai Disney Resort

Decrease in consumer products was due to slow down in Star Wars and Frozen merchandise.

80% of people who access ESPN do it from a mobile device.

Disney has 11 Franchises that generate over $1 billion in retail sales.

Disney expects Shanghai slow down in Q3 due to change in seasons.

Disney offered promotions to drive park attendance, due to timing of Spring Break and end of 60th anniversary at Disneyland.

NBA deal will have a major impact on next quarter due to costs.

Disney expects to invest more in the parks.

Disney expects to repurchase $9-10 billion in shares.

Bob Iger highlights new cruise ships and unannounced hotel plans as avenues for growth.

Iger says that another growth opportunity for the parks is adding more intellectual property to them.

Iger says Disney does not have current plans to take main ESPN product to direct to consumer but sees it eventually happening.

They expect ESPN to continue to be a multi-channel product for the foreseeable future.

Iger wants to secure Disney's film future, figure out ESPN, and continue to grow Disney's leadership team in his remaining time.

Yes and I think this is exactly why we are due for another big new announcement from them within the next few months, of course this is pure speculation on my part. The third gate would be a megaton though.

You guys are totally ignoring that Universal would call it their 4th gate, since they are stubbornly insisting that Volcano Bay is their 3rd gate. ;-) They even have AAA saying it, I read it in the most recent issue of AAA Living.

News

Disney Quarter 2 fiscal earnings.
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles/2017/05/09/disney-fy17-q2-earnings-live-blog/

Revenue is $13.34 Billion

Parks and Resorts profit grew 20% compared to last year

Growth comes mainly from Disney Studios and Parks and Resorts

Consumer Products and Interactive Media is down 11%

Disneyland Shanghai was profitable for the first time since opening.

Bob Iger believes new packages such as DirecTV Now will help ESPN.

Iger reiterates ESPN direct to consumer product by the end of the year.

Iger is confident the board will find the right person to replace him.

Iger has missed the first two Economic Advisory councils with Trump but hopes to be at the next one.

Shanghai Disneyland will hit 10 million visitors within days.

They are looking at expanding the Shanghai Disney Resort

Decrease in consumer products was due to slow down in Star Wars and Frozen merchandise.

80% of people who access ESPN do it from a mobile device.

Disney has 11 Franchises that generate over $1 billion in retail sales.

Disney expects Shanghai slow down in Q3 due to change in seasons.

Disney offered promotions to drive park attendance, due to timing of Spring Break and end of 60th anniversary at Disneyland.

NBA deal will have a major impact on next quarter due to costs.

Disney expects to invest more in the parks.

Disney expects to repurchase $9-10 billion in shares.

Bob Iger highlights new cruise ships and unannounced hotel plans as avenues for growth.

Iger says that another growth opportunity for the parks is adding more intellectual property to them.

Iger says Disney does not have current plans to take main ESPN product to direct to consumer but sees it eventually happening.

They expect ESPN to continue to be a multi-channel product for the foreseeable future.

Iger wants to secure Disney's film future, figure out ESPN, and continue to grow Disney's leadership team in his remaining time.
Not a big fan of the ip thing he said... I'm curious about theee hotel plans

I grew up on the Jersey Shore. Are you talking about the food stands? Otherwise, there's lots of places to grab a slice and a seat.
Depends what part but most of the places I'm thinking of are food windows, not so much the small restaurants. Since essentially a QS is not much more than a food window, that's what I'm thinking. Sorry, for the most part, I prefer Disney's version of the Boardwalk to anything found in NJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter