News Round Up 2017

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson I agree with you and perhaps should have been more specific to our news thread folks, but even the "newbies" who are just starting their Disney dining research here on the boards with "Should I get the dining plan?" are lightyears ahead of many average guests. I say this after having gotten the experience of helping my fiance's mom plan a one-day visit to Animal Kingdom last week. One of her questions was "How do I find out when the park opens".

For someone that early on in the process or new to the planning experience, if they hear "Would you like to add the dining plan?" when they book a resort stay and tickets, they may say yes and not really know what they are getting. Even with the number of visitors the Dis gets, we are still in the minority. My point was that if Disney has data that makes them think including specialty beverages will sell more dining plans or make more profits, they're going to do it, and not care that a few really devoted Disney fans got their feathers ruffled over a price increase coupled with including booze. Those who are even aware of this being a policy change are a tiny fractional minority of the Disney guests.

Again, just my perspective. We don't all have to agree and it's interesting to see folks who are excited about it as well as consider the viewpoint of those less than pumped for a price increase of their "adult" 11 year olds. Meanwhile I'll just be over here with my TIW card and my appetizers :D

News

There will be an auction for the Disney Quest games that will be only available to CMs on July 12th.

I must have missed the announcement that it finally closed. When was the last day?

Official replacement announced?

News

There will be an auction for the Disney Quest games that will be only available to CMs on July 12th.

Is there a link and do you know if this includes Disney store cast members?

Information is available on The Hub. No information on if it's FL based only, but cast must be able to retrieve the machines themselves in a specific time period, so being in FL is kind of important.

Auction is online from July 4-6

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson I agree with you and perhaps should have been more specific to our news thread folks, but even the "newbies" who are just starting their Disney dining research here on the boards with "Should I get the dining plan?" are lightyears ahead of many average guests. I say this after having gotten the experience of helping my fiance's mom plan a one-day visit to Animal Kingdom last week. One of her questions was "How do I find out when the park opens".

For someone that early on in the process or new to the planning experience, if they hear "Would you like to add the dining plan?" when they book a resort stay and tickets, they may say yes and not really know what they are getting. Even with the number of visitors the Dis gets, we are still in the minority. My point was that if Disney has data that makes them think including specialty beverages will sell more dining plans or make more profits, they're going to do it, and not care that a few really devoted Disney fans got their feathers ruffled over a price increase coupled with including booze. Those who are even aware of this being a policy change are a tiny fractional minority of the Disney guests.

Again, just my perspective. We don't all have to agree and it's interesting to see folks who are excited about it as well as consider the viewpoint of those less than pumped for a price increase of their "adult" 11 year olds. Meanwhile I'll just be over here with my TIW card and my appetizers :D
I think we just disagree on certain things which hey nothing wrong with that.

There are people who buy the dining plan simply because they booked through Disney either themselves or by calling or by having a travel agent without having really known what the dining plan is or other aspects of WDW. And those people can be members of the Boards including the New Round Up threads. I personally wouldn't say people are lightyears ahead of average guests just because they asked "should they get the dining plan". All it takes is for someone to see a post mentioning a person's experience with the dining plan for example to pique someone's interest when there wasn't interest or knowledge there before.

You also have people who don't visit often and don't keep up in the know on things and who are on the Boards. There are still comments I see from long time board members who ask if there is still the train welcome show or about selfie sticks or FP questions, etc and I've seen long time high post count posters who ask "should I get the dining plan" or "what really is the dining plan?" (because often they've just seen it in passing) or "can I just walk up and eat at X,Y, Z".

I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes it's easy to paint all Disboards members or even ones who frequent one forum much more than others as all-knowing or ahead of the curve compare to those who aren't DISboard members when that's a pretty high bar to set. Not all members of the DIS are really devoted Disney fans. I love Disney but I know without a doubt there are people much much more into Disney and have way more knowledge than I ever will and yet we are still part of the same community on the DIS.

Heck there are people who have never visited Disney or haven't gone in a really really long time, people who only go to Universal (as there is that side of the forum too), those who come for photography mainly or collector stuff, etc. There are people who only really look at one or two main forums without branching out. Thus it's entirely possible that a Board member reads the News Round Up thread for example and doesn't go out exploring more on the topic.

My comment was aimed at responding to yours regarding the Boards and the Dining Plan rather than the specific addition of the alcohol aspect discussion-perhaps there was confusion on where my comment fit in with yours.

Get in line.

News

LucasFilm's Han Solo film has lost its directors due to some creative differences.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/break...han-solo-movie-part-ways-leaving-no-director/

Definitely not good. I wonder if this will delay the film's release. But then again, they supposedly re-recorded a big chunk of Rogue One and that went just fine.

Get in line.

Definitely not good. I wonder if this will delay the film's release. But then again, they supposedly re-recorded a big chunk of Rogue One and that went just fine.
Lucasfilm is sticking by the May 2018 release date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter