News Round Up 2017

Anyone try to view the live steam of the MK fireworks? Website went down around 9:08 PM and now has crashed. Another stellar moment from Disney's IT dept! :sad2:

We didn't have any issues and were able to watch the whole thing. However, the Poly beach overlay was weird. I didn't mind the cutting between the beach and up close, but the overlay didn't look right.

I had trouble viewing the live stream. I was kinda disappointed, but at the same time, I knew videos were already up from last night.

Well that too...
...but I was talking about cranium command in wonders of life...which doesn't get nearly enough attention for what happened.
That's me being a newby again. I didn't get to experience those attractions or if I did I don't remember

Anyone try to view the live steam of the MK fireworks? Website went down around 9:08 PM and now has crashed. Another stellar moment from Disney's IT dept! :sad2:

I was able to watch it all. Had it on the 55 inch tv ☺ I didn't notice.the overlay but got bored a bit in the middle. It's a great show but like the others more.

Was able to see the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and some of the Hollywood Studios fireworks from my room at the Comfort Suites Maingate in Kissimmee. Obviously they were far away but was able to see the whole Magic Kingdom show. Was even able to see the Fantasmic finale. Not bad for just over $100 a night.

If you were planning on going to all 3 days of the D23 Expo and you have not bought your tickets yet, 3 day tickets for the D23 Expo are now sold out!!! You can only get individual day tickets for Friday and Sunday now.

Happy 4th of July all.

If I may be so bold, I strongly suggest if you can to sit and watch the very old musical 1776, it is a great movie, and truly enjoyable, and gives a great view of what happened in that continental congress!

On my DVR at home. One way I'll get my kids to watch is to tell them Mr. Feeney from Boy/Girl Meets World plays John Adams. I'm always trying to find a connection from current programs to the past so their interest may be piqued.

I can tell you that this is a commonly held misfire...

The reality is they have systematically charged more and more and it has almost nothing to do with what's being offered...it's all perception and using the brand.
Credit where credit is due...

The Poly (starting rate) was $40 in 1971...$119 in 1992...$189 in 1997...$289 in 2002...$350ish in 2006...
...and now the base rate is about $475

Is that because of the monorail? Heck no...it's really about perception.

Do you think there would be a revolt and people wouldn't pay if it wasn't there or was replaced with something cheaper?

Not for one second...they've been trained. As pointed out on this and other threads: people will, pay, rationalize and make excuses as needed...as long as you don't tread on their fantasy world.

My guess is while people would complain...they'd get over it quickly and few would cancel.

Actually they have offered a far cheaper option at the POLY. About $100 a night (pre 1992 level) in DVC dues at the 2 remodeled wings with the new pool area.

And a agree-no revolt at all, at least not from me. :teacher:

Mine streamed until the show was over then instantly froze when they wrapped up.

Agreed, I know what they tried to show with overlay, but it just looked awful. Still, love a free livestream!

Anyone watched the new Star Wars heroine shorts yet? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-st...nging-female-heroes-full-force-200707894.html

I'll probably watch them off the Disney channel in a few days, but I don't like the looks of the animation. The animation in Clone Wars and Rebels is rich and sophisticated, this looks... cheap and ugly. I get they are just super short sequences, 2 or 3 minutes at a pop, more designed to sell the heroines than anything else, but I don't like this look.

Anyone watched the new Star Wars heroine shorts yet? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-st...nging-female-heroes-full-force-200707894.html

I'll probably watch them off the Disney channel in a few days, but I don't like the looks of the animation. The animation in Clone Wars and Rebels is rich and sophisticated, this looks... cheap and ugly. I get they are just super short sequences, 2 or 3 minutes at a pop, more designed to sell the heroines than anything else, but I don't like this look.

I thought they were pretty good so far. Though I'm most excited for the Ahsoka and Jyn shorts.

I think it would have been cool if they did them in a variety of styles (like the did with the Animatrix collection of matrix cartoons) and if this was the style for one that would be cool - but does look a bit unimpressive if they are all like this

Actually they have offered a far cheaper option at the POLY. About $100 a night (pre 1992 level) in DVC dues at the 2 remodeled wings with the new pool area.

And a agree-no revolt at all, at least not from me. :teacher:

Dvc doesn't work out to be $ 100 a night anymore...it was in the mid $100s range (guesstimate) when the points were half the price...

Which was 10 years ago...so that makes my point again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter