News Round Up 2017

Time to move it to rumor level 2!

I'm still amazed they are willing to sacrifice more rides from a park with almost none at the moment. Looks like next trip we only need a few hours for DHS.
Apparently the ride system is breaking, its expensive to run, and Disney want something else to help with the crowds when SWL opens. So it sounds like they don't too much of an option.

When anyone asks how long they should spend at DHS, at the moment I always say "maybe just a late afternoon and evening" that way you get to see some shows, do the rides and also see some fireworks. On my trip in August last year we arrived at DHS at around 5pm ish I remember rightly (park closed at 9pm) and still did; Toy Story Mania, MuppetVision, Frozen Singalong, Tower of Terror, Launch Bay, Star Tours grabbed some QS dinner, and saw the Star Wars fireworks. Once TSL, SWL and Mickey Ride open it'll certainly be a full day park though.

Apparently the ride system is breaking, its expensive to run, and Disney want something else to help with the crowds when SWL opens. So it sounds like they don't too much of an option.

When anyone asks how long they should spend at DHS, at the moment I always say "maybe just a late afternoon and evening" that way you get to see some shows, do the rides and also see some fireworks. On my trip in August last year we arrived at DHS at around 5pm ish I remember rightly (park closed at 9pm) and still did; Toy Story Mania, MuppetVision, Frozen Singalong, Tower of Terror, Launch Bay, Star Tours grabbed some QS dinner, and saw the Star Wars fireworks. Once TSL, SWL and Mickey Ride open it'll certainly be a full day park though.

I mostly go to DHS for Fantasmic! and Tower of Terror and that's about it. But those are musts for me. They also have some good food like 50's Prime Time

New restaraunt coming to Coronado Springs in the middle of Lago Dorado... revealed in permit plans and associated with new "tower" being built. Construction to start 9/17 and complete 12/19.

See "Changes Coming to Coronado Springs" thread.

View attachment 252180 View attachment 252181

Some concept art of the restaurant

IMG_2539-1200x535.jpg

IMG_2537-1200x620.jpg

Also a closer look at the tower

IMG_2531-1200x614.jpg

Looks like a beautiful restaurant! You know, I *really* hope they improve on soundproofing when they build this tower...

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I went over to Tom Sawyer Island today at Disneyland. They were testing the waterfalls along the new railroad route. There is not a lot visible from the island until the railroad reopens I guess since there is a path currently closed to the public. I was able to get a picture, but I don't know how to upload a picture on here from my phone.

It does seem curious. Either the end project ties in with other work.....or they are saying to heck with it, visits are down at this park anyway, let's get it done now.

I have to think this is part of their logic. We spend maybe half a day there. One kid loves TOT, three of us like RNR, and everyone likes Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. For us, TGMR is good with a good CM or a nice break in the AC. We can take or leave it and most of the shows.

Either Muppets or Mickey will make me so happy.

I do think it would be odd for the current Landmark of the park (as it's the "big reveal", to me, TOT will always be the #1 landmark!) to be not based on a Disney original character... so that's why I think it will be Mickey.

Coronado restaurant looks great, the tower......

Might be looking at a different DVC concept with no balcony. At least it keeps people from hanging their towels and swimsuits out there.

I'm sure interior will be amazing.

Maybe lower points per night?

Wow...that Coronado drawing REALLY looks like a Marriott. They put minimal effort in there...

I had higher hopes that this wasn't some kinda fast and slick new future for the timeshare...not feeling confident now.

How many more points is gonna be for a blizzard beach view?

I thought Coronado's tower is meant for business/convention customers, not DVC?

I thought Coronado's tower is meant for business/convention customers, not DVC?

Then it wouldn't be a timeshare...and that's fine.

If it is...you can't stuff pandora into her box.

For decades...disney fans railed against the swolphin - many dvc - because if was too corporate and didn't have that "disney" appeal.

The swan looks like it's a small world themed hotel with sugarplum bedposts inside the park compared to these concept drawings...

Coronado restaurant looks great, the tower......

Might be looking at a different DVC concept with no balcony. At least it keeps people from hanging their towels and swimsuits out there.

I'm sure interior will be amazing.

Maybe lower points per night?

It should be lower points...this is a moderate version of dvc...the talk they are "turning it into deluxe" or "location is all that matters" at Caribbean and Coronado is the utter nonsense I thought it was when they floated it back in January...but they haven't tipped their hand on how they'll handle the points. My guess is they'll charge the wilderness lodge/beach club rate, try to put lipstick on it, and nobody will get a 7 month reservation anywhere again. That's one way to make Saratoga more appealing...I suppose.

Coronado was sub $100 a night most days before iger took over (as was Caribbean)...now? $25,000 timeshare commitment and a monthly fee...just insane if you think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter