• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

That's what I'm saying. I'd settle for it just looking for APs at this point.
but even that is ridiculous. i went to show my pass to our server at beaches and cream, she said she didn't need it. I asked why and she showed me the device after she scanned my band... it said I was an Annual Pass Holder!!!!

It's hard to compare the New Jersey boardwalks to anything...

They are both incredibly hood and ridiculously expensive in the same breath...

The only real comparisons to disney are universal destinations and perhaps some of the AH built parks
Dear Sir, could you kindly explain what in the world you mean by this one? Curious as to what "hood" means to a Yinzer.

@rteetz, is this one okay or was the use of Yinzer, a name for Pittsburgers also offensive?

It's hard to compare the New Jersey boardwalks to anything...

They are both incredibly hood and ridiculously expensive in the same breath...

The only real comparisons to disney are universal destinations and perhaps some of the AH built parks

Also, they look to get last minute stuck/spur-of-the-moment purchasers to pay full price...having family who go every year, if you're paying more than 1/2 price for all day bands to the Wildwood boardwalk piers, you're doing something wrong or just not planning...The Jersey boardwalks should be compared to Six Flags - you wouldn't go to Six Flags without a deal b/c paying the sticker price is dumb and Six Flags and you know it...NJ boardwalk piers are the same...

I will never understand the lack of minibars in deluxes. Its mind-boggling to me. Which is one weird nickel and dime thing that seems in reverse.

Maybe because all the disney resorts have refrigerators of some sort they don't need minibars? and the items can all be purchased at the resort lobby? I looked into staying at uni once, and when I discovered that you practically had to stay in the best suite they had to get a frig, I opted out.

Dear Sir, could you kindly explain what in the world you mean by this one? Curious as to what "hood" means to a Yinzer.

@rteetz, is this one okay or was the use of Yinzer, a name for Pittsburgers also offensive?

The boardwalks vary in quality and mischief but the prices remain constant...

You have the typically more "family" ones - belmar and ocean city...the middle ground - wildwood...and the lower end in Atlantic City and Sleaside...

That better?

Maybe because all the disney resorts have refrigerators of some sort they don't need minibars? and the items can all be purchased at the resort lobby? I looked into staying at uni once, and when I discovered that you practically had to stay in the best suite they had to get a frig, I opted out.

Seriously, sometimes I just want to not get out of pjs and would like to have a cocktail and some really expensive m&ms. I'm classy like that:)

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me or making my point - by the way - seems to be a tad of both there...

I am saying that while I agree that there SHOULD be a breaking point, the fact is that many (including yourself) have been saying this for a decade and it hasn't yet happened, so maybe Disney isn't quite as foolish as we think.

How about we get on topic and discuss news stories instead :)

Didn't see rteetz's comment until after I posted - but Amen to that!

They actually removed all the minibars from the regular rooms at Portofino. I don't really see the point in a minibar either. Even doubly so if you're an individual with aversion to alcohol. I'd rather have a regular fridge to store my water bottles. I'm guessing a lot of the other guests felt the same way.

The boardwalks vary in quality and mischief but the prices remain constant...

You have the typically more "family" ones - belmar and ocean city...the middle ground - wildwood...and the lower end in Atlantic City and Sleaside...

That better?

For someone who is usually very critical, I'm shocked you would call Wildwood the middle ground. I would group that with Atlantic City.

They actually removed all the minibars from the regular rooms at Portofino. I don't really see the point in a minibar either. Even doubly so if you're an individual with aversion to alcohol. I'd rather have a regular fridge to store my water bottles. I'm guessing a lot of the other guests felt the same way.

When did that happen? I'm just a nightowl and lazy, so minibars are actually pretty much a part of every night I'm in a hotel with one:)

I am saying that while I agree that there SHOULD be a breaking point, the fact is that many (including yourself) have been saying this for a decade and it hasn't yet happened, so maybe Disney isn't quite as foolish as we think.

Didn't see rteetz's comment until after I posted - but Amen to that!

They're actually much more foolish/foolishly managed than anyone around here wants to believe ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter