News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my projects - tenants were first made aware in 2014, so its not exactly news to them. The entire site is being turned into a stormwater pond to handle the water from the I-4 Beyond the Ultimate project. Disney has been a partner in the planning the entire time - they wish to keep traffic off of SR 535 and want it coming in via SR 536. Many of the businesses already have new locations but won't sign off until the negotiations for purchase have been completed, which is why the 18 month notices went out. This is going to look completely different in 10 years.

Universal 2018 (or early 2019) addition rumors from Theme park University

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...ou-can-expect-from-universal-orlando-in-2018/

#5 A Bourne Identity Show Headed to Universal Studios Florida
#4 Jurassic Park in Islands of Adventure is Getting A New Attraction
#3 Nintendo Is Being Spread Out On Three Different Lands Within Three Parks
#2 New Lagoon Show At Universal Studios Florida Will Be EPIC
#1 New Harry Potter Coaster Headed to Islands of Adventure
One thing that I’m surprised hasn’t been announced yet is the opening date of Fast and Furious.

I'm a day or two behind on this (sorry), but for those commenting that you believe Magic Bands will eventually be phased out, I fully disagree. The guest benefit side of the technology can be easily replaced or replicated with countless "free" to Disney technologies, but that ignores the mountains of other useful features provided to Disney by the Magic Band. Perhaps the simplest of these being, Magic Bands remove a psychological barrier during purchasing. Tap your wrist doesn't equate to spending money in peoples mind, therefore the cash flows more readily.

Moving past the simple, Magic Bands allow Disney to harvest and mine massive amounts of raw data concerning nearly limitless different aspects of Guest's behavior while on site. They don't just know everywhere you go, everything you do, and everything you purchase, they know the order in which you do those things, they know which members of your party you are with. They know if you do Activity A and then activity B, and you stayed at Resort Q you are likely to do Y given the opportunity. They can then gently nudge you towards or away from that choice based on their own desire. Not only that, but they can nudge you in a manner that you are most likely to respond to, and, for that matter, enjoy. Magic Bands, and the data they provide, are worth far more than the few dollars they might cost to produce. They are the key that unlocks hundreds of more dollars in spending per family, they are the key that unlocks more personalized interactions, more individual experiences. They allow Disney to let loose the technology of AI video game engines to control the environment around you based on all of the past decisions you have ever made while on Disney property. Magic Bands aren't going anywhere, and although this may be bad for all of our wallets, it will be good for our enjoyment and experiences.

That's odd. I was reading a D23 article about the Pixar summer things in DL. They mentioned Pixar characters that you could meet and included Nemo and Dory. That is going to be a weird meet.

6. Speaking of Pixar characters…
If there are Disney•Pixar characters in your life that you’ve cherished for years, chances are very high they’ll be available for photo opps (and hugs!) during Pixar Fest. Buzz Lightyear, Sheriff Woody, and Jessie from Toy Story; Mike Wazowski and Sulley from Monsters, Inc.; Nemo and Dory from Finding Nemo; and Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars will all be part of the fun. And, “darling”—we have it on good authority that some new favorites might be popping up at the resort later this summer, once Pixar Pier opens.

Gotta' say... these pics just make me happy... :)

Universal 2018 (or early 2019) addition rumors from Theme park University

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...ou-can-expect-from-universal-orlando-in-2018/

#5 A Bourne Identity Show Headed to Universal Studios Florida
#4 Jurassic Park in Islands of Adventure is Getting A New Attraction
#3 Nintendo Is Being Spread Out On Three Different Lands Within Three Parks
#2 New Lagoon Show At Universal Studios Florida Will Be EPIC
#1 New Harry Potter Coaster Headed to Islands of Adventure
Anything Bourne may actually entice DH to USF... but still nothing to grab the kids. Unless they bring Walking Dead to FL.

Why doesn't this one go up to 11?
View attachment 314220
:thumbsup2

Maybe, just maybe, we can have a price war that leads to a price correction.
Fingers crossed, I guess. Anyone ever take a look at annual visitors in WDW vs. USF (proxy for demand) and compare that ratio to hotel prices? Just curious.

That's odd. I was reading a D23 article about the Pixar summer things in DL. They mentioned Pixar characters that you could meet and included Nemo and Dory. That is going to be a weird meet.

6. Speaking of Pixar characters…
If there are Disney•Pixar characters in your life that you’ve cherished for years, chances are very high they’ll be available for photo opps (and hugs!) during Pixar Fest. Buzz Lightyear, Sheriff Woody, and Jessie from Toy Story; Mike Wazowski and Sulley from Monsters, Inc.; Nemo and Dory from Finding Nemo; and Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars will all be part of the fun. And, “darling”—we have it on good authority that some new favorites might be popping up at the resort later this summer, once Pixar Pier opens.

yeah, i was thinking maybe something like the Cars meets, but at least they have wheels so can be on the ground .... is this going to be like you stand next to a fish tank?

and last bit is obviously pointing to Edna Mode, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter