News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough for at least one park and more resorts.
They'll need more parking as well.

Do you think they'll break out Nintendo to its own gate? If there's an IP that could support a whole new park, that is it.

They'll need more parking as well.

Do you think they'll break out Nintendo to its own gate? If there's an IP that could support a whole new park, that is it.
I don’t think they would have it be it’s own park. Theme park companies don’t do that because it’s limiting the park to one audience. I think it will be part of their next park though.

I don’t think they would have it be it’s own park. Theme park companies don’t do that because it’s limiting the park to one audience. I think it will be part of their next park though.

I'm not a Universal expert by any means but seems that breaking up Harry Potter to the two parks was a positive and increased the desire to buy the Park-to-park tickets ... I would think they would want to do the same with Nintendo (maybe have one key IP per park, but relate them somehow)

I'm not a Universal expert by any means but seems that breaking up Harry Potter to the two parks was a positive and increased the desire to buy the Park-to-park tickets ... I would think they would want to do the same with Nintendo (maybe have one key IP per park, but relate them somehow)
Mario Kart between the two parks? :car::rotfl:

If they do that, a Donkey Kong area/land would fit nicely in Islands of Adventure by Kong and Jurassic Park. Not sure if they have enough room in that area to expand.

If they do, they’ll have to do something with the old Captain N: The Game Master cartoon.

From all the pics I keep seeing, I'm still surprised with how low in height the system looks ... but I guess it makes sense from a design standpoint to keep it as low as possible while not becoming an obstruction to other objects in the area. I was kind of hoping to get a better view of everything while riding though.

I was always assuming they would keep it below the tree lines - around 30 feet elevation for the wire. The fact is, it will likely be lower to the ground than the monorail.

This. It's more likely they spread it across multiple parks. Especially Universal - considering the way they worked Harry Potter into both parks, built a ride between the two that requires an upcharge to ride. Better to force Harry Potter fans to pay to go to THREE parks than to make a Harry Potter theme park. Same for Nintendo.

It's also one of the biggest complaints from people. The fact that in order to have the opportunity to go to both HP lands in one day and/or be able to ride Hogwarts Express you need to have a park-to-park ticket. Smart move for Universal and allowed a logical way to fit Hogwarts Express into it--and anything that gives people the opportunity to physical be in something from the movies is great. But it upset quite a few people. One of the more common questions asked on the Universal side of these boards is "Is Hogwarts Express worth getting a park-to-park ticket?"

So I think if they divide up things, which is smart and can make a lot of sense, they do need to think about if there is enough of a draw for someone to fork over the extra $ for the sole purpose of doing that. Putting Nintendo in existing parks would up that draw if say someone was a HP fan as it adds another perk to park-to-park. A brand new park(s) they'll have to think harder about how to entice people to get park-to-park IMO.

News

Full circle scene in Star Wars

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...c91e4b0d4931c8aebc1?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

I saw this tweet on twitter yesterday and thought it was really cool.

The issue is I think that exact connection is one of the things people have a big problem with in the movie. In A New Hope the projection causes Obi Wan to take on Luke and actually go and try to make things right ... whereas in The Last Jedi, Luke (who was the most optimistic person in the universe) won't do the same and only Projects himself there rather than taking up the cause, and being like Obi Wan and coming out of hiding when duty calls

So it is like a parallel to A New Hope but a distorted version

It's also one of the biggest complaints from people. The fact that in order to have the opportunity to go to both HP lands in one day and/or be able to ride Hogwarts Express you need to have a park-to-park ticket. Smart move for Universal and allowed a logical way to fit Hogwarts Express into it--and anything that gives people the opportunity to physical be in something from the movies is great. But it upset quite a few people. One of the more common questions asked on the Universal side of these boards is "Is Hogwarts Express worth getting a park-to-park ticket?"

So I think if they divide up things, which is smart and can make a lot of sense, they do need to think about if there is enough of a draw for someone to fork over the extra $ for the sole purpose of doing that. Putting Nintendo in existing parks would up that draw if say someone was a HP fan as it adds another perk to park-to-park. A brand new park(s) they'll have to think harder about how to entice people to get park-to-park IMO.
I'd agree with that. A lot of people pay that park-to-park ticket because they ONLY want to do Potter so they get the 1 day park-to-park. It helps that Hogwarts Express keeps you enclosed in the experience. Other than coming and going, people can be immersed in HP word for the whole day if they want. I don't see that same appeal with Nintendo, unless the park-to-park option is in itself amazing.

Basically, I'd pay for park-to-park just for Potter, but I wouldn't just for Nintendo. I'd go to a Nintendo Park for a day, but if I had 1 day for Nintendo and it was split in multiple parks, I'd just choose whichever interested me more and skip the other part(s)

The issue is I think that exact connection is one of the things people have a big problem with in the movie. In A New Hope the projection causes Obi Wan to take on Luke and actually go and try to make things right ... whereas in The Last Jedi, Luke (who was the most optimistic person in the universe) won't do the same and only Projects himself there rather than taking up the cause, and being like Obi Wan and coming out of hiding when duty calls

So it is like a parallel to A New Hope but a distorted version
Way to make it less fun ;)

agree - and it could be a Harry Potter element in the new park (say, Ministry of Magic and use the "Floo" system to go from park to park) and then Nintendo in each as well and now you increase interest in all the parks. If you only have nintendo in one park then those fans only care about that park

Compared to many topics it's gotten nothing but a glancing blow. It just seems like a lot because it's come up a few times here in the main news thread instead of being dumped into it's own topic where it can be ignored by those who want to.

Yeah, like on my Magic Shot Thread! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter